I demand a document entailing exactly what content is acceptable for this forum

If you're going to be that strict you should be able to back it up with an Objective Document that states what is considered "directly related" to CMBB. I really don't know from that statement what is acceptable here and what isn't. As far as I'm concerned, it should be that if the subject "pertains to" CMBB it should be acceptable. Any thoughts?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, seriosuly dudes I'm not at all trying to get banned. I just don't like such subjectivity. I like this community and will be a big part of it once I start playing, but geesh give me a little freedom to post material that isn't strict stats on the Russian Front or related to bugs. I like to have fun with people and talk about actual games we are going to or have played in the forums. It's fun that way. There's nothing like good trash talking and all of my posts were discussing CMBB. The trash talking post was just an extension on that making sure everyone knows right from the start that this is my personality and it's all in good fun.

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

If you're going to be that strict you should be able to back it up with an Objective Document that states what is considered "directly related" to CMBB. I really don't know from that statement what is acceptable here and what isn't. As far as I'm concerned, it should be that if the subject "pertains to" CMBB it should be acceptable. Any thoughts?

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=agree

Tips,

Most don't trash talk around here, it's immature. Let your game do the talking for you. I have quite a feeling that you are going to be regularly trounced for your first few months of playing.

You should read the boards for awhile, notice how the regulars act toward each other and try to do the same before you come on demanding things and talking about how great you are with this game before you even own it.

I'm sure there are quite a few that would love to give you an introduction to our little world and then we will see how far the trash talking goes. It's not an easy game as you will learn soon enough.

Just my $.02

smile.gif

He hehehe... well, I'd venture to guess that "[d]emanding a document that entails what is acceptable ..." is not acceptable content on this forum.

Look, there is a "General forum" for all off-topic stuff. There is an "Opponent finder" forum for finding opponents. A "Scenario talk" forum for discussing scenarios and a "Tips and tricks" forum for discussing mechanics of the game - tactics. If you think your post would fall into one of those categories, then post it in one of those rather than here in the general CMBB forum. I think the general rule that your message ran afoul of was that the CMBB forums aren't supposed to be used for personal messages. It could have probably survived okay in the General forum or in the Opponent finder forum, but that ain't my call.

HTH

[edited for grammatical errors]

[ November 05, 2002, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Agua ]

I feel your pain Master. For better or worse these forums are possibly a bit different from most other gaming forums. The type of game and the content generally make things a bit more 'serious' here. Humour tends to be restricted to:

1) Jokes about Finns;

2) Jokes about Australians;

3) Jokes about Bren Tripods;

4) Monty Python;

5) Peng, which was originally a joke but now has evolved (slightly).

GG BTW BTS

MasterGoodale, these forums are mainly for CMBB discussions. If you want to talk about general stuff try the general forum or if you want to talk with opponents try the opponent forum. If youd like to kid around with others, Id suggest trying the Peng thread smile.gif

Thing is, if a thread isnt on the first page of the forum it generally gets missed by most and this is an extremely busy forum. By starting the three threads you have here youve knocked off what could have been 3 valid questions which may now be missed (ironically including one of your own). That is basically why we try to keep the CMBB forum on topic...to simply be fair to everyone with comments and questions and allow everyone possible to be heard, not just the noisey few (and Im not saying you are one of those).

Dan

[ November 05, 2002, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

As a side note, in the Good Old Days of mailing lists and usenet (before AOL) people were read-only for 4 weeks when they joined, voluntarily, automatically, without being forced to.

Strangely enough, there were very few questiosn about appropriate content after they actually started posting.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Best bet for not being locked-out is to NOT shoot for the lowest common denominator. Find the biggest dumb-ass who posts on the site then be just a bit MORE polite than he is.

;)

LOL!!!

edited because I'm a doofus.

BTW Dan, we had a baby boy on Oct 18th. 8 pounds 9 oz and loud as a dickens. Everyone is healthy and rediculously tired. I haven't gotten one game of CM in since the baby was born! :(

[ November 05, 2002, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: karch ]

"Trash Talking"

Thats what PBEMs are for. Sending a turn where you know you've just KO'ed your opponents most valuable übertank, calls for great trash talking and even greater mind games. Iskander showed me how it is done. He's quite good at it.

Most of the "Pengers" are smart, slick and enjoy excellent wine sippin' trash talk. Thats why I don't venture into that thread...you might have to play one of them :D

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

MasterGoodale, these forums are mainly for CMBB discussions. If you want to talk about general stuff try the general forum or if you want to talk with opponents try the opponent forum. If youd like to kid around with others, Id suggest trying the Peng thread smile.gif

Stop it! Bad enough to have the Yarble-less One trolling the Outer Boards, but when the Powers That Beâ„¢ start doing it, it's time to scream "abuse of authority." Have you no decency, man?!?

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Stop it! Bad enough to have the Yarble-less One trolling the Outer Boards, but when the Powers That Beâ„¢ start doing it, it's time to scream "abuse of authority." Have you no decency, man?!?</font>

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

"Trash Talking"

Thats what PBEMs are for. Sending a turn where you know you've just KO'ed your opponents most valuable übertank, calls for great trash talking and even greater mind games. Iskander showed me how it is done. He's quite good at it.

You praise me with faint damns, sir.

Originally posted by karch:

... we had a baby boy on Oct 18th ... Everyone is ... rediculously tired. I haven't gotten one game of CM in since the baby was born!

Oh crap :( Might as well turn my CMBB CD into a coaster now. *sob*

Bah.

There, I vented my frustration at the intricate rules and society of this forum. I humbly step aside and conform. I guess I just won't post because that's just my style. For those of you who appear to have taken my trash talking WAAAYYY too seriously I appologize. What happened to the good old days when people could take a joke, even if it was typed and they couldn't see your face.

I read that weird thread where they told me to "SOD OFF" but I don't know what that means, so I sodded off and never went back. Something tells me I would challenge even those guys more than they think. I may be new to this game but I'm not new to strategy games.

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

Bah.

I guess I just won't post because that's just my style.

:eek:

I read that weird thread where they told me to "SOD OFF" but I don't know what that means, so I sodded off and never went back. .[/qb][/quote

"SOD OFF"? ....Ohhhh boy...

[ November 05, 2002, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Ales Dvorak ]