I need a factory bone!!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Scipio:

IIRC, Madmatt said a half year ago that 95% of the game are ready. Seems to be very big 5%.

Percentages are a little deceiving for software development. Software can easily be 90% done, but the majority of the work will occur for that last 10%. Typically, the more complex code is developed at the last since the majority of the code can be quickly developed based upon older existing code.

Metrics for defining the completion of code is a stumbling block for large corporations (IBM, Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc...); I am sure that a company of five has the same problem. The question rests- what do you base the percentage upon: time for completion or a measure of the code (lines, objects, gui, bitmaps, etc...).

And, I won't even discuss testing methodologies.

Originally posted by Scipio:

IIRC, Madmatt said a half year ago that 95% of the game are ready. Seems to be very big 5%.

Madmatt just wanted to illustrate the difference between Code Complete and Content Complete.

I'm not sure which I'd rather see: the requested factory bone, or how long y'all are going to keep this up before you consider it a lost cause.

Errrrr, now that I think about it, the factory. smile.gif

Guy

P.S. Bump!

You people are sick! Why don't you do some volunteer work or something instead of begging for crumbs all the time? These folks are busy, so move along and live your lives. CMBB will be here eventually, and it will be everything you expected and more. Geez.

Guy

P.S. Bump!