One of the more disgusting things I've ever seen in my life

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sherman/StuG dance did seem ridiculous, but then again what do you think the response would have been had someone posted a short clip of CMBO showing Stuarts and Greyhounds taking out Tigers with one shot, or an entire platoon charging across open ground towards a dug-in MG42 and not incurring a single casualty?

....I've done that very same tactic in CMBB with Somuas/pz38(t)'s vs KV-1. I will actually admit to spinning in opposite concentric circles (that really confuses the KV-1 gunner). All one has to do is drive faster than the gun can rotate (so you have to be sort of close....) 'Gamey' I believe the word is to decribe that, and I will completely admit to it. It would not have been a survivable, logical or realistic tactic in the presence of lots of AT guns or other opposing tanks.

This game shown in this video uses hit points? That's sort of dumb. I much prefer the CM method of damage calculation.

Yeah, same gameplay again and again...

Hit point is the most unrealistic feature of the RTS. I don't understand why they don't get rid of it.

RTS still aren't in 21st century ; better graphic but the same old 1990's concept.

(Yeah, I know it is hard to elaborate an innovative gameplay after 30 years of video game.

But too much unrealism kill a game. Could you play a game where tanks are vulnerable to continuous MG fire ? )

I confess I've done in North Afrika with a British truck against a Tigger till it eventually Nefflegraffledpomegranited me *whoosh bang!*

The amusing diversion allowed a shed load of vehicles to escape off map and win the scenario - I soon after began playing real live human beings...

Have just today started playing this very game, and its rather fun ... unrealsitic in places but fun smile.gif

I was disapointed to see hit points on the tanks too :(

But one can see how it is also done like CM in one way, if you can bear with me for a momment.

My airborne boys have just taken out a PSW 231. They stood around it for a few momments blazing away and then it went boom, think i lost a few guys in the process.

It could be easily described as a scene from CM where one launchs an infantry attack on a enemy AC or tank etc .. the squad sit there for a bit and then sometimes they will nail the tanks.

Same thing here ... sort of tongue.gif

Still funny to watch though tongue.gif

Yeah, same gameplay again and again...

Hit point is the most unrealistic feature of the RTS. I don't understand why they don't get rid of it.

RTS still aren't in 21st century ; better graphic but the same old 1990's concept.

(Yeah, I know it is hard to elaborate an innovative gameplay after 30 years of video game.

I have never quite understood ... where the stratgy is exactly ... and why they keep calling them strategy games :confused:

Don't understand wtf you guys are complaining about, the graphics and gameplay are great in that game.

It's not supposed to be superrealism thank god.

As this game is an RTS I simply don't believe that extreme realism works. It's simply too much to handle, pixel perfect angles on tanks, placing them perfectly in camoflage etc.

The way that game plays now, I find works great.

It's supposed to be fun and a great teamplay experience, which it delivers. Not to mention it looks about 10000 times better than CMBB and CMAK.

I am NOT saying CMAK or CMBB sux, noway I would never do that, I'm just saying that game still owns, in its own way.

I understand that CMAK and/or CMBB can't look that way etc, as that game have had up to 90 developers working on it at one time. Which is something battlefront simply can't compete with (as in big money)

But still, just admit it guys, you would love having those explosions and graphics in a WW2 strategy game based on superrealism.

00169732.jpg

No doubt CMAK and CMBB still owns in "sim" style combat. That game owns in its own way. The artillery explosions really are the best I've ever seen in any game.

[ September 17, 2006, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: ChristerS ]

Originally posted by ChristerS:

Don't understand wtf you guys are complaining about, the graphics and gameplay are great in that game.

It's not supposed to be superrealism thank god.

As this game is an RTS I simply don't believe that extreme realism works. It's simply too much to handle, pixel perfect angles on tanks, placing them perfectly in camoflage etc.

The way that game plays now, I find works great.

It's supposed to be fun and a great teamplay experience, which it delivers. Not to mention it looks about 10000 times better than CMBB and CMAK.

I am NOT saying CMAK or CMBB sux, noway I would never do that, I'm just saying that game still owns, in its own way.

I understand that CMAK and/or CMBB can't look that way etc, as that game have had up to 90 developers working on it at one time. Which is something battlefront simply can't compete with (as in big money)

But still, just admit it guys, you would love having those explosions and graphics in a WW2 strategy game based on superrealism.

Well, we DO have ToW coming out pretty soon but none the less, that particular example in CoH is pretty bad.

I mean, it was completely absurd!

But I have played CoH and I will admit it is a fun little point and click game but, BUT at the same time it makes me want to throw up. Hitpoints?! There is no real strategy in playing that game, it's just like every other RTS i've played. It makes me feel like crap whenever I remember all the times I've been nailed to a wall by a damned StuG in CM. :mad:

Sherman Commander(dead): Wow, we got blown off the map by that StuG. It slapped us straight off the field!

CoH player: DooD! Joo R NUB! JOO COULD HAVE WUSHED HIM AND CIRCLED lolz

Sherman Commander(dead): Wow, I wish I had of thought of that! Too bad the Sherman had a little problem of becoming a pressure cooker when hit!

CoH player: CUZ joo arent l337 enoughz! Gawd, don't joo have hitpoints?!

Sherman Commander(dead): What the hell are hitpoints?

And by the way, photorealistic eye-candy gets boring after awhile. I think that most of us here play CMAK+CMBB for the content.

The artillery explosions really are the best I've ever seen in any game.

WTF is "photo"-realistic about the explosions in this shot?

Artistic, vivid, flash perhaps - but not in any way "realistic"!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ChristerS:

Artistic, vivid, flash perhaps - but not in any way "realistic"!! :rolleyes: </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ChristerS:

Artistic, vivid, flash perhaps - but not in any way "realistic"!! :rolleyes: </font>

Any time I see a WW2 game box with a dozen Tigers and Shermans duking it out over a couple of city blocks while hordes of infantry scurry all over the place and a couple of Jabo's swoop in from above, I automatically tune out.

Nevertheless, I was looking forward to COH, as I do with any new WW2 "strategy" game. The hype sounded great. "So realistic!", so it usually goes.

Then I read a recent PC game mag review. In this review, the reviewer praised the game. It was sounding real good until the last paragraph where his squad of Airborne troops was taken out, smart-weapon style, by . . . a f*cking V1!!!

That was when I knew this would be just like alllll the others.

No, I havent played it. No, I don't think I will.

Looks nice though. Too bad it sounds like just another bubble headed bleach blonde with big boobs.