Where are the bones?

OK, I admit it.

I haven't been coming here very often these days, but every couple months I ask myself: "Self, what on earth's happening with CM2?"

So, I come to the Battlefront site and look. And, invariably, find nothing. No threads, the title's not listed under 'In Development' on the home page...

What gives? Has the release been pushed back to 2008?

Wouldn't it (Madmatt?) be a good idea to at least include an entry for it on the home page with whatever lean, meager, insubstantial, pathetic news there is about it so true adherents like myself don't have to post messages like this in the CMAK forum?

Thanks,

ianc

They've kept CMx2 VERY close-to-the-vest from day one. Even their 'flood' of bones from a couple months back in fact gave little away. A new terrain-making engine. 1:1 unit representation but not 1:1 control (expandable/contractable in later titles). The ability to select how godlike your overview of the battlefield is. But not a peep on theater or force mix or platform requirements or... much of anything really.

Well, they have been busy. They just released a patch to their Sonalyst 'Dangerous Waters' title, and there's no telling how close to release the 'T72' title is now.

Well, they have been busy. They just released a patch to their Sonalyst 'Dangerous Waters' title, and there's no telling how close to release the 'T72' title is now.
I don't think this activity affects us. Charles and Steve have nothing to do with those games, do they?

The official release date of CMx2 will be on my 30th birthday on Jan. 15th of 2006. This will be the greatest birthday gift known to mankind and i already thank BFC for it. So mark that date on your calenders because it's set in stone.
:D

Bone Summary (provided for quick peek at possible CMx2 features):

CMX2 is as hard as ivory with a rumored release Q6 2008.

Or

A vaporware tale, myth, a fragment of a dream.

Or

An enigma wrapped in a puzzle shrouded in a mystery that never happened when you weren't here.

Or

A collective hysterical hallucination by the forum members.

Or

A song? "When bones get in your eyes".

Or

An Animal House spin off… dawgs. (Dogs vs. Cats)

Or

A game about Space Crustaceans.

Or

An advanced Heimlich Maneuver substitute.

Or

A game that bestows funky godlike ability even when not in front of the computer.

Or

An investment tool for Charles and Steve, bumped from the development team, to pay for vacation in Jamaica.

Or

A new book about "Covert Diversion Syndicates" moved off shore to Jamaica.

Or

Seanachai’s out-of-wedlock son born 16th Dec – 2005.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus we have Woe of Whalebonz 2 date and certain to be expanded upon.

Dawg Bonz… Member of the "Bonz Benevolent Brotherhood" and grand possessor of the "Secret Paw Shake".

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

Oh, and I will spread the rumor that Seanachai is your out-of-wedlock son.

Rune

If there's anything like an inheritance involved, I stand ready to declare it is not a rumour... </font>

Originally posted by DASman:

I'm reading a new book titled Secrets of the Game Business. It has a huge bone in it about what BattleFront is up to on Page 63, but I have no way of confirming the accuracy of the statement made in the book.

Nobody else is at least curious about this? They were out of the book at the store I stopped by today. I'm sure its unrelated to p. 63, but perhaps I'm wrong.