Sie Kommen is Released!!!

That looks ab-so-lutely fantastik !

Guys, this project looks soooo neat. Nice and clear website, many choices, options and gizmos here and there for our downloading pleasure. I salute your dedication and will download every bite there is to be downloaded for sure.

( Now to find the time to play all these battles... :rolleyes: )

Cheers, and thanks what was no doubt a whole lot of tedious work.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

Are the battles each intended to be balanced, or does historicality or "place within the set/story" override balance as a priority?

IE would a person looking for balanced battles not find what they're looking for in any of these scenarios?

Ta,

GaJJ.

Hey GaJ ... to answer your question... yes... :D

Some battles are pro allied, some pro axis, and some are as even as we can make them... and all that is based upon the overall scheme of things within the battle pack (and is reflected in the Points-Victory Schedule). Also items like the Field Orders on certain battles, can give a unit commander some insight (if used properly) to assist in his completion of his mission (and this works for both sides)

example... "Hell at Waldam Beach" is the main landings for the battle pack... Now the allies have a slight advantage (if you use arty properly - or else who knows)... but if the allies lose this battle (say in a 12 game version)... they will end up playing in some battles that were weighted for the axis... another words, the landings went bad so even if the 82nd AB has taken the three bridges, they wont get relief from the beachhead and therefore must fight off an axis counter-attack without support (which would be weighted pro-axis, such as "To Blow or Not to Blow")... Though about 50% of the scenarios are weighted one way or another, I would not say any are 'walk-overs' or 'completely one sided'... In playtests we have determined (at least in two player mode) that either side could win all the scenarios...

As for 'Allied vs AI' there are about 4 scenarios where the AI is questionable in its performance (those with main axis offensive efforts)... but there is a 'experience bonus' table that was tested to make the games vs the AI as best they can be... As far as 'Axis vs AI' this option wasnt really persued as there are about 12 out of the 18 battles where the Axis is solely on defense (Though one day I might go through and playtest it this way... and maybe make some modifications to the battles, VL placement, etc. so that an Axis vs AI version could be played... but that is beyond the scope of my limited and martini fried brain at this point...)

Another way that might help...

There are a total of 123,688 total points (units) for both sides within the battle pack. with the allies having 57% of them... If one looks at Table 11 in the Rule Book on page 8, and compares the 'Major Victory' Pts Totals for each side, those within say 25% of each other are even battles (ex: 'Bloody St. Omer Cappelle" allies =8, axis=10).

Hope this sums up your question... and thank you for your interest, I hope you enjoy :cool:

That is all...

-Fredrocker

Excellent so far. Friend and I are trying the 18 game plan. I won a tactical victory for the "Bridges" scenario, but was totally PWNEEEED in the "Waldam Beach." I couldn't believe how badly that went for me, and usually I'm fairly good against this guy. So the score stands at Allies: 3, Axis: 79!!??

I have a lot of work to do. But great first two so far. smile.gif

Originally posted by TC_Stele:

Excellent so far. Friend and I are trying the 18 game plan. I won a tactical victory for the "Bridges" scenario, but was totally PWNEEEED in the "Waldam Beach." I couldn't believe how badly that went for me, and usually I'm fairly good against this guy. So the score stands at Allies: 3, Axis: 79!!??

OUCH! at 12500 pts to 4700 or so you should have done better then that in Hell at Waldam Beach... Did you take heed to the Arty Intructions... (SMOKE)... if you get a chance could you drop a line at the Sie Kommen Forum (scenario discussion area) and let me know how you used all that big arty... And remember with the 18 games you have a chance to come back... :D Glad you are liking it...

thank you for playing and also thanx for the feedback....

That is all..

-Fredrocker

Originally posted by Vossiewulf:

Fredrock, knowing how much work these things are, all I can say is this is a major achievement. Grats to all involved!

Thanks Vossiewulf, the master of my favortie Panther Mod.... :D .... The credit does go to all the fine designers and playtester and the people who helped in the background (some who tried to edit my dysfunctional spelling, typing and english on a daily basis).... I am sure they truly appreciated it, even if they are just lurking and watching :eek: ....

Keep up the great mod work my friend and I am glad you are back on the scene... you been missed...

That is all...

-Fredrocker

Originally posted by TC_Stele:

My sincere compliments on a well played game, Stele. Believe me, you did have me biting my fingers for a quite a bit, especially when you knocked out the 88mm pillbox. And I will be doing my best to push you Allied dogs back into the sea! At the very least, my defeat with dealing with the 82nd have been avenged. tongue.gif Certainly I think what tipped the balance was your goof in having the artillery fall as HE instead of smoke. As the briefing for some other scenario says... The German 47th Infantry Division has done the Fatherland proud! smile.gif

And to the staff and creators of Sie Kommen!, I can only offer awed compliments on such a beautiful product that you people have put together. The Field Orders was especially a nice touch. I am certain that we will all enjoy your product as much as I am certain you people have enjoyed making them.

-Ninj

[ November 14, 2005, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Ninj ]

Ninj and TC_Stele

Great to hear you guys are liking this. Also check out the forum for Sie Kommen. You can easily discuss scenario related stuff there too. Well eve though the score for you too is as it is currently. The game is far from over ;) Keep us posted if you could. Great to hear opinions about these battles after all the playtesting exhaustion.

Vossie

Great to see you are back, and releasing those wonderful mods again! Thanks for your work! smile.gif

LT

Originally posted by Larry Thorne:

Ninj and TC_Stele

Great to hear you guys are liking this. Also check out the forum for Sie Kommen. You can easily discuss scenario related stuff there too. Well eve though the score for you too is as it is currently. The game is far from over ;) Keep us posted if you could. Great to hear opinions about these battles after all the playtesting exhaustion.

LT

I'm certain we'll be arriving at these forums soon enough. As it is, I believe that the "Better Late than Never" scenario is reaching an impasse for the moment. And I am very certain that when we reach "Breakout Now!" Stele will be very eager to avenge his crushing defeat at Waldam beach. That victory had to be one of the most staggering victories in our wargaming history thus far. tongue.gif

And looking at the scenario list, it now appears I merely need to deny the Allies a complete series of triumphs. So I just need to keep up the pressure and prevent the Allies from a crucial victory, then the battle for the Continent will be decided in favor of the Axis. This would be a triumph long in coming.

Yes, although I get my blows in, my counterpart is very good at what he does. Mainly because he has so much patience that I read books while he does his turns. I keep thinking that he just drags it out to make me rattled and make me want to throttle him. But that's okay. "Hell on Waldam Beach" is only the first series of blows to the Allied war machine. By the time this is over, Stele, his patience, and his men will be back in the sea... where it belongs! tongue.gif

Seriously though, good scenarios. About the only weakpoint I can see is that I keep losing the battles in which paratroopers feature. But that's okay. I just need to win the big battles, and the paratroopers will surrender or die after the main forces are kicked off the Continent...

Greetings All! I'd dearly love to try "Sie Kommen". However, I confess that my computer skills are a wee bit uncertain. Can anyone Please guide me through downloading it and how to use/install it? I'd really appreciate a walkthrough "How to". Thanks muchly, Most appreciated. Cheers, Peace to all.

Regards-JHW (BCGOVT)

This is trully great. I was privelaged to field test some of these and I have to admit that it is the most professional Battle Pack I have seen to date.

If you havent gotten this yet I urge you to do so as soon as possible as even agianst the AI, its Mega Fun.

Now why would i wanna use the correct word.. Heck blame it on the spell checker, and I guess thats the name of the battle...I was going to use German names for the battles but I wasnt good wit da umlats, cedilla, underhooks, graves, etc... In case you didnt know I went to da evaland woodhead sped reeding course!!! :eek: but on a serious note... :D

Thanks for the feedback... I am not sure how many places that title turns up, which will be the basis of it is changed...

That is all...

-FR

Since we all have these honkin' huge HardDrives on our machines, I re-installed a second version of CMAK (thanks to a reference to that effect from MIES!). I already had my HardDrive divided

into five sub-drives, so I just picked a different one from the original CMAK load. Then I downloaded the scenarios, the rules, and ALL the mods they included, and put all the mods into my new installation .bmp folder,

overwriting what was there. Tried it out, ran the executable .exe file, it ran fine.

Got a great Kiwi friend from NZ ready to start this up -- we'll get into the 12-pak I think.

Thanks for the new format, the whole campaign-type idea with a twist. Looks fantastic!

Shoeman