Sie Kommen is Released!!!

Axis side, still in the middle of it with J2D. Stuck with the default setup. J2D hit my left flank and center hard with HE and smoke, but not enough smoke went up against the PB's to the right. I think the 88 has 8 out of 11 vehicle kills I have so far. Then those 60 rds of 214mm came down on Paul's infantry and turned them into scrambled eggs. I was told it was quite a sight to see, but not to be under.

Turn 21 and I'm seriously running out of ammo.

This just seems like for every thing I guessed right on J2D guessed the other way.

I'm sure I'll get wiped off the map in the next 16 battles, though.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jim1954:

Axis side, still in the middle of it with J2D. Stuck with the default setup.

Did you really leave all the mines in one clump where they are by default? It will be intersting to hear how that turned out!

(As it happens, Grim did wander into that area, but I'm not sure that having mines there would really have helped me)

GaJ

Hi guys

I am really enjoying all the updates and opinions on the battles. I cannot answer to questions about Waldam Beachead scenario as I have only experienced that agains ai. All I have to say. Murder...evenly. Haven´t hear from Fredrock for a week. I am sure he will visit here ASAP. Keep these post coming. I am sure your questions will be answered and your reports are highly appreciated.

Thanks

LT

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim1954:

Axis side, still in the middle of it with J2D. Stuck with the default setup.

Did you really leave all the mines in one clump where they are by default? It will be intersting to hear how that turned out!

(As it happens, Grim did wander into that area, but I'm not sure that having mines there would really have helped me)

GaJ </font>

I am now on the second scenario playing the entire series against the AI. The first scenario was a blast!! I ended up with like 87% victory (major), and I took 72 casualties to the Germans 62, I think. It's amazing the staying power of troops and weapons in foxholes. I nailed one gun for like 5 or six turns with mgs, squads, mortars, everything. And then I rushed the bridge and it was came right out of suppression!! I took probably half my casualties on the last 3 turns.

The briefing pack should be the standard for scenario designers. I've only seen two so far, but absolutely fantastic!!! I would have appreciated some more detail on the US' Beaches briefing. Given that we had months to study the defenses, we would have had more info. But still, great job!!

Have just finished the Waldam beach scenario as the axis. Lovely game to play, thanks for all your efforts on this scenarios.

Beaches was particularly good for me: ended in a major victory. Now I am trying to report this game on the club ladder and want to give details as to number of points and type of game (probe, assault, ME etc), make up of forces and so on. Is there a list of these details for all the scenarios somewhere?

Have searched without luck so far.

[ February 03, 2006, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: Sivodsi ]

Originally posted by Sivodsi:

Is there a list of these details for all the scenarios somewhere?

Have searched without luck so far.

Send me an E-Mail of what you might be looking for and give me a couple days (as I have started a new job and I am no longer a beer swilling bum) and I will try to get ya the info...

That is all...

-FR

Spoilers ahead....

I just took the standard setup, hid everything with really short covered arcs until I saw the enemy, moved a few mines in front of the strong points and got real lucky that J2D didn't take out the PB's on the hill on my right flank. Stayed hidden until several turns of Navy fire had come down then popped out of my holes and opened up. That and using those Neblewerfers as soon as they came on the map aimed in front of Lucky 13. Mostly it was the luck with the pill boxes. The 88 and the 75 took a huge toll on the Allied and even the surviving 150mm IG got the M16, IIRC.