Sie Kommen is Released!!!

Great to hear you are enjoying the pack. All the hard work is right now paying off. smile.gif Very interested to hear how thiese battles come out to you as we have playtested them over and over again H2H and vs. Ai. As the battles were also tweaked over and over again it sure is interesting to hear how the campaign plays out to you guys.

Cheers

LT

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Larry Thorne how are you... You still post in these forums... I thought you were out hunting Capital Ships in the North Atlantic... :D Did you have a successful 'hunt'... How is your flotilla... dem boyz of yours drinking schanpps... Send me a setup... your choice... ;)

And I too am glad y'all are enjoying the battle pack... Minor Changes to Field Orders, Briefings, etc.. from early feedback... are to be put up on the website in the next few days...

Also still working on the 'Mod Set' options for McMMM.... but it seems to be very "disk://path" dependent and driving me 'bonkers' :(

Keep your eye open for news on "Red Beard 1189" :eek: another battle pack!!! but this time for CMBB, based upon Army Group's North and Center Blitzkrieg into the Soviet Union's Baltic and Western Military Districts.... :D

That is all...

-Fredrocker

Grim just whipped me with a precision offensive pretty much by the book at Bridges ... nice scenario, but I'll be curious to know what a winning defensive strategy would be.

If anyone thinks that the Axis have a chance, I'd like to take you on as Allies and you can show me what I should have done!

(I guess the medal table tells us that the allies really ought to win... they don't even get a medal for a draw?)

Well ... on to the Beach!

GaJ

[ December 07, 2005, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

Grim just whipped me with a precision offensive pretty much by the book at Bridges ... nice scenario, but I'll be curious to know what a winning defensive strategy would be.

If anyone thinks that the Axis have a chance, I'd like to take you on as Allies and you can show me what I should have done!

(I guess the medal table tells us that the allies really ought to win... they don't even get a medal for a draw?)

GaJ

Well some of the scenarios are balanced out by the medals table. This thing should push the gamers to the limit instead of letting go they should fight hard to the bitter end to gain enough points to win the overall campaign. Even a loss can be good in SK if you loose and die fighting. Enjoy the beach. Thanks for the update.

LT

Hi GaJ ... two things... first in 'Bridges for the 82nd' yes it is weighted toward the Allies... and also besides medals...you have to award the allied player 'x' points from table 4, (iirc you are playing the 5 battle plan)... so remember that...

On the McMMM thing, yes I could use some help... give me a day to put all I have together and I will send you an email on what's going on...

Thanks for all your input...

That is all...

-Fredrocker

Dear dear me.

I just had a look at my next assignment, the landing at Waldam.

Whose idea was it to make these landings in broad daylight? The paratroops at least had the sense to arrive at night.

Now it looks like I have to expend vast amounts of ammo to reduce the visibility to what it was naturally a couple of hours earlier!

Perhaps some well-informed person can explain why the real landings didn't wait for fog or use darkness?

I suspect this may turn out to be an accurate simulation of what would have happened to an attack at the Pas d'Calais...

How do you get the Axis radio transmission from the field orders (Hell at Waldam) ? I only get a document...

Ta,

GaJ

Should be a link in the PDF file right under date/time that says Radio Dispatch... then it will open a flash script with the sound byte...

Hope this helps

That is all...

-FR

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't get myself to create another login / password somewhere else (Sie Kommen forum) so I'll put my comments here.

First of, thanks for the work that must have gone in to this. I'm really enjoying going through the battle pack untill now. Also the complete mod set makes it easy to set things up. I'm playing against the AI with me being the Allies.

Anyway I ran across something yesterday that I wanted to comment on:

SPOILER ALERT

In the March to Marck scenario, which is a big 40+ turn map, I setup 3 combat groups. 2 were more or less sticking to roads leading to Marck, the 3rd setout to capture a hill on the left of the map. Around turn 30 that hill on the left was taken and my man including 1 Sherman were advancing cross-country towards Marck. At that point The Germans received reinforcements of 3 panzer IV's and an HT between 2 patches of trees. Fine, if it weren't for the fact that I parked that one Sherman there not 50m-75m away with it's back turned to the reinforcements. I got 1 shot of before it was blown up taking and with that took out one of the panzers.

Now I don't mind the Germans getting these reinforcements. My point is more with the placement of them. Yes there is an edge to a map, but in nomal life one would see this coming from afar. Why not put the armor in a spot somewhere closer to the back, i.e. German side of the map. At this point in the battle (as said around turn 30) to put these reinforcements in at that spot is a bit annoying.

Anyway just a little perception thing from my side on an otherwise nice map.

Mies

GaJ

I'm not having good luck as Allies. My guys are spooked in the dark tripping over mines and taking MG fire.

Guess it aint over till it's over.

Hey GaJ in two posted battles at the 'Blitz' we have one allied and one axis 'minor victory' also in the The Blitz vs FGM (See Tourney Status Sheet) we have an Axis 'major victory'... I also looked back at the playtesting posts at the forum and discoverd that the Axis had 2 minors to a tactical and a draw for the allies... So I would say it is pretty much balanced... but it is like the weather... every battle plays different...

***** Spoilers *****

The Axis has 807 pts to the Allies 1120, when creating this I believed if the allies worked the group of AB troops in the west up around the north and attacked the two bridges from there...while taking units from the southern DZ and moving along the canal and hitting the bridge from the SW, they should be able to win as once they break into the german 'backfield' that area has little resistance.....

splitting allied units into smaller groups then two main forces wouldnt work IMHO and thus the germans can achieve a victory...

also an adequite use of the axis forces in the SE towards the town of Le Pont De Ardres is critical to the Axis doing well... with 18(+) turns, quick and decisive responses are required by both sides...

Thanks for playing and thanks for the feed back..

That is all...

• 2 weeks later...
Just downloaded the mods and scenarios. Before beginning, what order should I play the scenarios?

Download the Rulebook from the Sie Kommen download page. It has all the scenario's and the order of play depending on the amount of battles you want to play.

Mies

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Thanks, gentlemen!

I'll be playing it with a campaign mindset.

Am wondering if this idea was also applied to CMBB.

If you mean if there are campaigns like this for cmbb? Click on the RedBeard link on Fredrocker´s signature line. And also the CMC game is coming out...when its ready.

LT

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just finished getting whupped defending Hell at Waldam beach. Very nice map, good recreation of a beach landing etc.

Walpurgis says you only learn when you're loosing, and often the education and the struggle can be fun.

I'm sorry that this wasn't the case for me this time.

I did learn one lesson about having (or not having) an escape route. That was worthwhile.

But I was really messed up by my reading of the briefing. It went on about paratroopers - in two places. And the initial placement of the units on the map was so unsuitable for defeinse against a beach offensive, and yet it appeared deliberate (IE guide for the AI or whatever) that I thought the designer was telling me "actually, the forces will be paratroopers coming from anywhere".

Sooo... lots of my assets remained at the back, some where the designer put them, and they were completely useless. Combine that with the bad decision to try to defend my rear with mines and wire ... which I ended up routing through... and you have a whole lot of not a lot of fun!

I fully take the blame for my predicatment. I do wish the designer had made it clearer which part of the briefing was just historical background and which was information intended to guide my setup though :(

(Note - you can argue that the real commander should have put rear defenses in place as I did, and so I did a good job. The problem is that this means the player who ignores that risk and puts everything facing the beach is rewarded for not guarding his rear!)

GaJ

I'd like to put in my 10c worth here as well.

I thought the battle was the best beach assault I have seen - very tense, plenty of room for costly mistakes.

My one suggestion from the allied side is:

Can you please put a flag on the three pillboxes above the cliffs rather than next to them?

I didn't know where the guns would be, having the landmarks turned off, so I assumed they'd be where the flags were, since they are the primary objective for the Rangers. This meant a few minutes of smoke in the wrong spot, costing me men and tanks.

This was clearly my error, but I think the flag really should be where the primary objective is.