You Will Not Be Able To Stay Home, Brother. The Peng Challenge Will Not Be Televised

No Michael, no lad, no poetry there. For Peng has discovered a sad truth, that with COMPUTERS one needn't EVER hit the <Enter> key at all ... EVER.

He has discovered the wonders of ... WORD WRAP and like all new things he has overdone it.

Peng my friend ... paragraphs are your PAL. Use them, abuse them, make them write bad checks (doubtless you've TONS of experience to pass on in THAT area). For is it not written that without paragraphs we are all awash in a sea of words with no beginning, no ending and no breaks? No ... well it SHOULD be written.

Joe

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

How about THIS, Fartinbras?

I name myself the Anti-Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread,

And I name you Junior Justicar Pro Tempore De Jure of the Peng Challenge Thread ... and it's more honor than you deserve.
and I challenge YOU, Joe Shaw, to a Blood Hamster match of the most horribly vile creation.
Done and done you ungrateful wretch, my terms will follow the remainder of my post in which I shall make mincemeat of your pitiful attempts to taunt ME, YOUR Justicar.
I challenge you because you are all that I despise, loath and despise!
You used despise twice ... that pesky short term memory problem is back isn't it ...
You are the Newman to my Jerry! The Crabby Appleton to my Tom Terrific.
I know Jerry, I LIKED Jerry ... and you Sir are NO Jerry ... not even really George ... you are ... YOU ARE Eddie Haskell, exactly ... without the charm of course.
You quote laws that benefit none but yourself and parade your dime store nobility as if it were the Hope diamond, when it is NOUGHT but a jim crack gewgaw.
Well DUH! You expect to quote laws that do NOT benefit me? What kind of a law keeper would I be to do that?
Your high falutin' flying nobility is no match for my gutter snipe cunning, for is it not written, "Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines"?

Well, if it isn't, it should be!

I like that ... I think I'll steal it and claim it as my own.
To you Joe Shaw, I throw down my gauntle, pick it back up and slap you across the kisser really, really hard and challenge you to a Blood Hamster for the slur you have attempted to cast upon the House Morse, M'Lud Croda, myself and my Squire 37mm.

I will only be satisfied by your BLOOD! Or maybe a really good turkey tortilla soup recipe, BUT THAT'S ALL!

The challenge is made. Do with it what you will.

I would point out the obvious flaw in your supposed reasoning, to wit, that you CAN'T slur jdmorse ... he's a Lawyer after all, you CAN'T slur Croda more than nature already has, you CAN'T slur yourself ... actually you can, go ahead, you have my permission to slur yourself and you MUST slur Squires like the unfortunate 37mm.

You choose to challenge me eh? Fine, here are my terms, as the challenged party I have the choice of weapons so I choose ... 10 minute COD UO Deathmatch in Foy, I'm American, you're German, rifles only with a ten minute time limit. No crosshairs of course. To be monitored for fairness by a TOG Moderator of course.

Stakes are to be the usual for Blood Hamster matches, winner to have control of the loser's sig for a period of thirty days.

Should you fail to acede to this request in full by week's end you shall forfeit all claim upon the match and retreat in abject skunkdom to your lair.

Joe

p.s. At least I broke you of that gibberish habit ... nasty thing gibberish.

Originally posted by the worlds greatest Texan:

I would point out the obvious flaw in your supposed reasoning, to wit, that you CAN'T slur jdmorse ... he's a Lawyer after all, you CAN'T slur Croda more than nature already has, you CAN'T slur yourself ... actually you can, go ahead, you have my permission to slur yourself and you MUST slur Squires like the unfortunate 37mm.

Boo tell me it isn't true... tell me that Morse is not a lawyer... tell me

PS

The Justicar’s authority is all but spent! You know if someone told him a nuclear war was about to start, whilst everyone else had sex, rioted, ran around screaming, got drunk, got wasted & perhaps managed to find some time to spend with the family, Joe shmoe here would be scanning the empty* Peng challenge thread for infractions of the ‘rules’…

You see a vile, awful, nauseating upchuck of contempt from Peng himself which truly brings tears to the eyes of any true Penger and what does the old fool see?

A lack of paragraphs!

I’m half surprised the idiot didn’t call for Peng himself to be sent to Coventry…

As Apocalypso beckons we have this fool trying to keep order & yet I repeat where is he when the Peng challenge turns into ebay?

He is hiding from my liege Boo until finally the catcalls hath shamed him enough into accepting the blood hamster.

And the senility has gotten so bad that the position of Justicar itself is being demeaned. The whole ordered system of SSN’s, serfs, squires, Knights & Olde ones is being shaken because the guy at the top has as much justice and respect and love of Peng as… as ‘Tim the usurper’!

I say he needs to admit to the thread that he has erred, that he has allowed his love of bureaucracy to undermine his love of Peng… Either that or he must be impeached.

Turn from the light Shaw, accept Peng into your life, throw away the rule book & insult Dorosh!

* Actually it probably wouldn't be totally empty the Australians would still be present. The threat of the Earth becoming totally desolated, huge wasteland would probably not cause much consternation amongst them.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

You choose to challenge me eh? Fine, here are my terms, as the challenged party I have the choice of weapons so I choose ... 10 minute COD UO Deathmatch in Foy, I'm American, you're German, rifles only with a ten minute time limit. No crosshairs of course. To be monitored for fairness by a TOG Moderator of course.

What's this? A Blood Hamster in some other game than CM? And monitored for "fairness"? WTF?

Oh, the shame, the shame of it all. How the mighty have fallen and can't get up.

On the other hand, Boo did bugger up his v1.03 install. Perhaps you two should do Minesweeper.

Twits.

Nope, nope, nope, nope and again, nope. By rules and by precide...preside... time honored tradion, Blood Hamsters "shall and of necessity only be CM matches". Within the Peng Challenge Thread no other game can even be considered. The fact that you would even suggest such a ploy shows how cowardly and sad you have become. And "fairness"? Where does the spirit of gaminess enter in there? No, Joe, it appears you've really lost it.

Stakes are to be the usual for Blood Hamster matches, winner to have control of the loser's sig for a period of thirty days.

Right, right, right, old news.

Should you fail to acede to this request in full by week's end you shall forfeit all claim upon the match and retreat in abject skunkdom to your lair.

Joe

Wrong again. One more wrong answer and I'm afraid we'll have to disqualify you.

YOU have ONE WEEK to answer MY Blood Hamster challenge as are ALL Blood Hamster challenges answered in the Peng Challenge Thread with a game of CM. Whether it be CMBO, CMBB or CMAK, makes no difference.

Clock's ticking.

The SQUIRE 37mm has suggested that: The whole ordered system of SSN’s, serfs, squires, Knights & Olde ones is being shaken because the guy at the top has as much justice and respect and love of Peng as… as ‘Tim the usurper’!
Will SOMEONE please inform this ... this ... whippersnapper that Peng as HE IS is naught but a pale reflection of the once great and munificent Peng that was. Will someone inform him that the Peng Challenge Thread has long since ceased to be ABOUT Peng and has, indeed, been abandoned IN THOSE WORDS by Peng himself. Indeed Peng has demanded that his name cease to be associated with this thread!

But it matters not ... just as the mewlings and whinings at the door of a newly minted Squire matter not.

The CessPool lives on, the Mutha Beautiful Thread lives on, the Peng Challenge Thread lives on ... and whether or not Peng posts here, whether or not the Olde Ones post here and whether or not the Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread posts here doesn't matter either ... IT lives on.

And if, in the fullness of time, all shall abandon it for newer pleasures, newer games and newer pursuits ... IT will still be here. Awaiting a new generation, a new name, perhaps even a new form that we can only dream of ... but IT will be what it is ... and it will always be ... The Peng Challenge Thread.

Do not presume, young Squire 37mm to tell ME of my duty. You are the young gunslinger, new to town, eager to make your reputation ON the reputation of the old hand, the grizzled veteran of too many fights to count, the wounded but still valiant Lion of Lucerne, the man whose deeds are spoken of in hushed tones of reverence ... the Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread ... and, of course, the CessPool Drain Commissioner ... ask your liege how pleasant it is to wade through six inches of muck of a morning ... being from Ohio he'll know ... keep it up and you will too.

Joe

Ahem.

ROIGHT! BERLI, YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sing, lads!

He's a vile and loathsome fellow

a vile and loathsome fellow

a vile and loathsome felllllloooooowwwww!

Which nobody can deny

Alright, then! Release the flock of Doves!

Oh, and hand Berli the .12 gauge

Di' ye ken, Lady Moraine, tha' Ah put ye sig line ain google, ain there were twae hits - wun fer movie quotes an' a second fer ye postin' ain tha Pool. Ah tak tha' as proof positive tha' Lars as a bleedin' pillock, Dalem as a...wha tha feck as a Dalem anywah? Noba as a sand gropin' clump o' quokka dung an' rleete as a track-challainged sniffer o' Seanachai's tricycle seat.

Happy birthday Berli, Happy Thanksgiving tae all, an' tae all SOD OFF.

Wi' ye noo gi' Hiram (Look yoo, Jimmy) Sedai a big wet sloppy kiss fraim mae? Thanks lass!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The SQUIRE 37mm has suggested that: The whole ordered system of SSN’s, serfs, squires, Knights & Olde ones is being shaken because the guy at the top has as much justice and respect and love of Peng as… as ‘Tim the usurper’!

Will SOMEONE please inform this</font>

Great News Boo Radley.

I'm quite certain that you've been stewing over this for DAYS, if not weeks. But no more my friend, you now will be able to ROLL THOSE RIGS without worries, bubba. That's right Boo, your dream game, 18 Wheels of Steel: Pedal to the Metal has BEEN PATCHED!

See the problem was you was a'buyin' all them there rigs but you was forgettin' to hire you some drivers, Boy! Game was a'crashin' like Grandpa driving home after a bender waddunit!

18 Wheels of Steel: Pedal to the Metal retail patches v1.07 -

ValuSoft has released new patches for 18 Wheels of Steel: Pedal to the Metal, accelerating the boxed and downloadable retail editions of the trucking simulation by SCS Software to version 1.07. Word is this update "resolves the issue introduced in 1_06 where if you purchase a truck and forget to hire a driver, the game will crash."

Keep them rigs rolling Boo, all the way from Ohio to Florida.

Joe