****ROW V (Part 5)****

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

Calling Cpl Carrot: are you there? (I'll follow up by email: yes, we need some new sections to hold the new scenario AARs coded)

GaJ

Yeah I'm still alive. Will endevour to get things shipshape by the end of the week. </font>

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by WineCape:

Update for 3 winners:

The assorted wines - various cultivars to give a broad spectrum of SA bottled sunshine - are packed in their styrofoam boxes. I have received the export documents and collection from my premises for couriering will be this Thursday coming. Expected transit time 12-18 working days to the USA, UK and Australia.

Kind regards

Charl Theron

Thanks again Charl. I'll toast your good health with the first glass or several.

Originally posted by John Kettler:

BigDog944,

Am with you on this. And I'm a AAR judge!

Regards,

John Kettler

John - did you get the email I sent 13 Jan?

We are getting very close to selecting the best AAR for the ROW V Finals. I've been VERY slow in coordinating things (I guess I should have forseen that given the 2 graduate classes I'm taking, the second baby due in a week or two, etc. - but I'm not making any excuses! ;) ) but I will try to minimize any future delays. Despite the relatively few submissions (compared with the first round), you guys didn't make it any easier since you submitted some really good AARs.

Ace

Despite the relatively few submissions (compared with the first round),
I'd hazard a guess that the sheer quality of the previous round's AARs blew a lot of people out of the water!

I know that this is part of the story for me.

I guess you can have lots of average AARs, or a few super duper ones. But not both smile.gif

GaJ

Ace Pilot and Kingfish,

Took me a while to locate my notes, but I agree that the proposed winner indeed wrote a stellar AAR, a very model of how to do it, one fully integrating all the elements we seek in reviewing AARs.

That said, I'm surprised that we got so few AARs for the Finals. Combat fatigue, perhaps?

Regards,

John Kettler

Good AARs take time and energy (don't I know it!), and the combination of schedule slippage and real life probably didn't help matters, either. And we haven't discussed the dread exhausted brain syndrome, the result of pouring cubic mental energies into the fight, leaving precious little for documentation. Despite the above, we got good AARs and a few great ones.

Regards,

John Kettler

We have a winner, and, despite some fierce lobbying on my part, I’m sorry to say it wasn’t me. Instead, our honorable (i.e., my bribe didn’t work) judges concurred that, even though there were several AARs that vied for the top position, BigDog944’s Tiger Valley deserved the top honor.

Congratulations, BigDog944! Richie will contact you to work out the details of your prize.

We are still in the process of getting the AARs uploaded. I’ll let you know when that is accomplished. Thanks to GaJ and Cpl Carrot for making it possible.

Thanks also to the judges for reviewing so many great AARs. And special thanks to Richie for providing such an incredible prize/incentive for AAR submission.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to submit AARs, both for the finals and first round.

Ace & GaJ & Kettler & Cpl Carrot,

Many thanks for the efforts with RoW V. Likewise Richie for your prize, Mike Meinecke/Treeburst for his monetary contribution. The others I have mentioned and thanked by name already.

The 3 cases x 12b wine prizes for the 3 winners have been despatched and will probably leave the shores of South Africa by early next week via plane.

I have selected some Cab, Shiraz, Pinotage, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc and some Red blends for each winner, a cross section of the noble cultivars we produce here in the Republic.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

WineCape,

As noted previously, you're welcome! BTW, the particular wine I was trying to remember was something like Flint Ridge or Flint Hill 2002? or thereabouts. Does that help any? My friends and I loved it!

BigDog944,

Congratulations on your stellar AAR novella(!) and doubtless impressive prize! I've seen plenty of models in major competitions that weren't as good as what Richie built as a gift. And the 1:35 scale kits alone these days are quite a chunk of change, never mind all the add-ons and cubic time required.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

BigDog944,

Congratulations on your stellar AAR novella(!) ...

Regards,

John Kettler

It can't hold a candle to the creativity expressed in BigDuke6's first round AARs, but thank you!

It's a testament to the quality of Richie's "Tiger Valley" scenario that it was so much fun to write.

Congratulations BigDog944!

A great AAR by all accounts. I'll be emailing you to work out your prize and thanks for the kind words regarding Tiger Valley. I'm really glad you guys enjoyed it. Feel free to post a quick review over at the Scenario Depot II if you get the time ;)

A quick mention of the other AARs and the high quality achieved. Both Enigma and Jbertles put together ripping renditions of their battles, as did BigDuke6. I know it was never an easy decision given the standard of the work submitted by everyone who did so and you should all be commended!

:D