****ROW V (Part 5)****

Charl, thanks for your incredibly generous offer. I feel a bit embarrassed to accept it, but not too embarrassed to turn it down. smile.gif
As long as you're old enough to drink it smile.gif

I'm off to another province this weekend to officiate a pro match - after a 3 week recess - so will honour my promise to the 3 winners as soon as I'm back next week.

Congrats to all the other participants for sticking it out, despite some hiccups. My sincere thanks to the scenario designers, Cpl. Carrot, Ace Pilot, John Kettler et al for admin duties, not forgetting Diablo Fish.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

PS: Can the winners drop me an e-mail so long at WineCape@global.co.za as to what they prefer regarding red and/or white wines. As well as their street addresses and day/mobile contact numbers for the courier of wines.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WineCape,

You're welcome! Besides, it was a way of participating in something with which I really wanted to be involved. BTW, if you still have the list of wine goodies you sent me some time ago, could you send it to me at my E-mail address listed in my profile? It's around here somewhere, but the move has completely upended my ability to locate many valuable data items.

Regards,

John Kettler

Victor Charlie, Walpurgis & SteveS,

I'm at a referee refresher course in Jo'burg - on short notice. Only back coming Monday. Not to worry, the wine will only improve during this time.

Will drop all three an e-mail with my wine recommendations.

Sincerely,

Charl

I really should get over to these forums more often! I had no idea I was anywhere near a top spot!

Originally posted by Green Hornet:

Just curious...how can a replacement player who only played two scenarios in the entire tourney get third place??

GH yeah I am surprised as well but I did play 3 not 2 scenarios and as Kingfish said I was dropped into disasters which I had to salvage something out of and turn the games around. All I can say is bad luck to the player who dropped out and who I replaced. smile.gif

Thanks Kingfish and everyone else for running the ROW tourney and the scenario designers for the great scenarios. Congrats to the other winners. Also Charl thanks for your generous offer and supporting ROW.

Is this truly the last ROW? I know this tourney dragged on a bit and there were a few drop outs, but there are still many keen and dedicated CM players out there. I am playing in some other tourneys at the moment which are all finishing way before deadlines set. Maybe recruitment for any future ROWs should look at a bigger audience including the other clubs and clans out there.

Till next time....

VC

[ January 30, 2006, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: VictorCharlie ]

Well, here's what you might win !!!

BigDuke's T-34/85, photo's courtesy of his father...

t34toppdf4dr.jpg

t34backcloseuppdf1yf.jpg

t34frontquarter21pdf7va.jpg

Thankfully she survived postage and customs...

The figures are from 3 seperate kit's, Dragon and Mini Art Tank riders, the tank comander was scratch built from those two and another Italeri kit.

Finished with Tamiya paints, Testors Model Master paints, Humbrol enamels.

Weathered with Tamiya Rust Powder.

The base is Australian Hardwood, Alpine Ash, routed and stained, varnished with Wattyl Estapol.

A good six months work, my guess is about 300 hours... ;)

Update for 3 winners:

The assorted wines - various cultivars to give a broad spectrum of SA bottled sunshine - are packed in their styrofoam boxes. I have received the export documents and collection from my premises for couriering will be this Thursday coming. Expected transit time 12-18 working days to the USA, UK and Australia.

Kind regards

Charl Theron