****ROW V (Part 5)****

This is the latest, and final, thread for the Rumblings of War V Tournament.

As with all ROW threads, this one begins with The Tournament Manual.

Here are the latest games completed as of 10/16/05:

St. Nazaire

Green Hornet - Londoner

Sividosi - Walpurgis Nacht

Steve McClaire - Platehead

Steve S - Stoneage

Dangerous Dave - Ankulin

GAJ - Big Duke 6

Kanonier Reichmann - Big Dog

The Enigma - Frenchy

Elmar Biljsma - Melnibone

John Bertles - Sandy

Other means - Grimthane

Tiger Valley

Walpurgis Nacht - TlKillerich

Ankulin - Big Duke 6

GAJ - Dangerous Dave

Big Dog - Frenchy

The Enigma - Kanonier Reichmann

Melnibone - mPisi

John Bertles - Diesel Taylor

Sripe - Other means

Loaded for Bear

Steve McClaire - Walpurgis nacht

Big Duke 6 - Dangerous Dave

Ankulin - ded

Frenchy - Kanonier Reichmann

Sandy - Diesel Taylor

While we've made some progress since the last update, most of it has been with the non-finalists. To date we are waiting for one more finalist score for St. Nazaire, and 5 (out of 6) for both Tiger and Bear. This with 4 days left in the tourney.

Therefore, it appears an extension is in order, but for how long I don't know. I'll start asking (again) for progress reports to see where we are. The new date will be posted here, so keep an eye on it.

Also, don't slack off on the AARs, since they are needed to determine final scores and winners.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm afraid in my TV and LfB matches we have about 10 and 19 turns left respectively in each game. After good initial progress, both games stalled for long periods for what were legitimate reasons. I'd suspect the other games in Group three are also quite far from finishing.

LfB has picked up recently and we've exchanged a couple of emails per day in the last week. In TV we've just exchanged a couple of emails in the last few days after a long pause.

Realistically, we will need the best part of a month to finish if we do this by pbem. Organising a TCP/IP session to jolly things along will be a problem because of the time zone difference, but not unsurmountable.

I guess it is up to the organisers to make a ruling.

True enough. I wait around about ten turns or so to give my opponent the pleasure of blasting my armored vehicles and making pretty explosions. Only a really greedy player would surrender on turn one.

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

Big Duke

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Finished with all three games months ago, and wondering why the slackers are going to get an extension! [big Grin] [big Grin] [big Grin]

Personally I think it is bad form to surrender on the first turn. smile.gif </font>

Sorry, but got more pressing things to deal with at the moment. Judging by the responses so far it appears we still have a long ways to go, something which I hoped wasn't the case. In any event, my mind is not on ROW at the moment, so put the extra time to good use and burn thru those turns.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Sorry, but got more pressing things to deal with at the moment. Judging by the responses so far it appears we still have a long ways to go, something which I hoped wasn't the case. In any event, my mind is not on ROW at the moment, so put the extra time to good use and burn thru those turns.

I hope it's nothing bad. Take care.