****ROW V (Part 5)****

Tiger Valley is a fun game and I must compliment the designer.

Great feel and look to the game.

Bloody large map that allows the players lots of opportunities and it will be good to see how players approached this map.

I can see both sides doing well in this one depending on what their opponents do.

As for the results I am gobsmacked that even players in the top groups are taking so long and do not seem to have any urgency to completing the games!!!

These tourneys take a lot of effort to sort and run and the minimum players can do is finish the games on time or have the courtesy of explaining why they can't.

I realise people lose interest after a while and that is why I experimented with shorter timescales, but even then we had players not finishing games.

Come on gents don't let the orgainisers down and your fellow players.

H

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also like to encourage players to submit their AARs. The designers really appreciate the feedback. Plus, it looks like the field for best AAR will be pretty small, increasing your chances for winning a model of your choice from Richie. Take a look at what Big Duke won for his efforts in the first round.

t340022wq.th.jpg

t340064ip.th.jpg

Pretty nice work, eh? And Richie isn't even finished yet!

Originally posted by Holien:

As for the results I am gobsmacked that even players in the top groups are taking so long and do not seem to have any urgency to completing the games!!!

It takes two to Tango.

It makes absolutely no difference how quickly one person may play if the other player is slow or disappears for extended periods of time.

Quite frankly, I'm fed up with the fact that I'm still playing these games.

[ November 14, 2005, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Green Hornet ]

Just got internet back on here in PK/ NOLA. Checking in to see how ROW V turned out. Kinda surprised that the tournament finals that started back in June (I think, things are a bit blurry over the last few months) are yet to be finished mid November! Looking forward to the results and the finals scenarios release.

Best of luck. Enjoy the game and have fun. Off for more house gutting ... 'stress relief'... never knew sledgehammers and chain-saws could be so therapeutic.

Dawg in da Respirator

yeah yeah, still got a long way to go on the bear. I'm playing vs Thomas (a replacement) and we're exchanging e-mails every day which is as much as can be expected given current work commitments.

I'm definitely not in danger of being anywhere near the top of the group, so if everybody is waiting for us, just put me in for a minor loss, say 40-60, compute the results, announce the winner and we'll keep playing to the end of the game. Is this acceptable to everybody concerned?

I don't want to be the ones holding everybody back, but I do want to finish the game.

Originally posted by Other Means:

I'm playing Elmar in LfB, we were doing 3-4 turns a night until the 1km first shot hit on his (FOW). Dropped off somewhat after that.

Still we should be finished soonish. Maybe by the end of this weekend. Or at least A weekend.

This weekend, if you send me a turn.

And in fairness, I think its perfectly reasonable to not drag my sick body towards the PC if you go about destroying my tanks with 0% chance-to-hit shots! :mad: :mad: ;)

Londoner and I are in the same finalist group, we finished our game together what seemed a lifetime ago.

LfB is my only remaining game... Unfortunately we still have about 20-25 turns to go. The best I can manage is a turn a day, which is what I've pretty much maintained throughout the entire tournament.

Londoner, I bet I can guess who your TV opponent is... tongue.gif

Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

Pretty nice work, eh? And Richie isn't even finished yet!

Thanks Man!

I'd like to point out those shots are snapped in low res with my wifes mobile phone, which has subsequently murdered some of the weathering and detail, rust streaks etc...

There's some Soviet tank riders to go on yet with a tank commander plus some additional 'loot'.

The final presentation will be block mounted on some loverly hardwood for display ;)

It's the Dragon 1/35 T-34/85 model 1944 kit. (#6066)

Good kit to build, everthing fits nicely with only a little trimming, individual track links with lot's of detail overall. Lot's of nice weld detail too. I've actually added additional weld detail around the entire circumference of the turret with remodelled stretch and conditioned sprue, and added some damage to the guards and fenders.

Painted/Airbrushed with Tamiya and Testors paints, washed with citadel blackwash ink thinned about 1 in ten and repeated where neccesary, rust detail with Tamiya's rust weathering kit and red oxide, log provided courtesy of a gum tree in the back yard, persian rug courtesy of a tissue cut to size, rolled and detailed from the wifes Laura Ashley catalogue in humbrol enamels :D

The tank is lighter in tone than appears in those snaps... damned crappy resolution too... murdered all my hours of weathering... :mad:

I reckon I might take some decent photos with my canon eos 650 and see if I can't get them up :rolleyes:

Originally posted by John Kettler:

ETA on first batch of AARs from Finals?

I've gotten a grand total of 5 AARs from 2 players. I'm hoping we'll get more as games are completed, but I think the bottom line is that the screening process will be much more streamlined this time around.

I'll send the judges the 5 AARs this weekend.

Richie,

My Dad is a pro photog, and he's good. You get me that tank and I'll have him make some close-ups that will improve the appearance of your brilliant work. Take your time (the more loot the better), because when the .jpgs get uploaded on the web, the world is going to beat a path to your doorstep as the best T-34 model-builder on this here planet.

Originally posted by Richie:

It's the Dragon 1/35 T-34/85 model 1944 kit. (#6066)

Good kit to build, everthing fits nicely with only a little trimming, individual track links with lot's of detail overall. Lot's of nice weld detail too. I've actually added additional weld detail around the entire circumference of the turret with remodelled stretch and conditioned sprue, and added some damage to the guards and fenders.

Painted/Airbrushed with Tamiya and Testors paints, washed with citadel blackwash ink thinned about 1 in ten and repeated where neccesary, rust detail with Tamiya's rust weathering kit and red oxide, log provided courtesy of a gum tree in the back yard, persian rug courtesy of a tissue cut to size, rolled and detailed from the wifes Laura Ashley catalogue in humbrol enamels :D

The tank is lighter in tone than appears in those snaps... damned crappy resolution too... murdered all my hours of weathering... :mad:

I reckon I might take some decent photos with my canon eos 650 and see if I can't get them up :rolleyes:

Take some hi-res quality plan shots and I'll take a shot at skinning the model so it can deservedly fight it out on CMBB battlefields

Example JS2 mod

Photo references used for JS2:

side

side - close up

rear - close up

turret top

rear deck

front

etc. There were about 23 photos in total that served as reference for skinning the CMBB model.

[ November 20, 2005, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]