What if the Axis forces won the war?

It's a weird thought. I was just browsing cmmods.com and I read the June 6th message.. There's been hardly a word about DDAY today and I thought it kinda strange - but it got me thinking, and I guess it's not one of these questions you can answer, but what would have happened if the axis forces won WWII?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by phil stanbridge:

It's a weird thought. I was just browsing cmmods.com and I read the June 6th message.. There's been hardly a word about DDAY today and I thought it kinda strange - but it got me thinking, and I guess it's not one of these questions you can answer, but what would have happened if the axis forces won WWII?

Taking a literary approach you could try SS-GB by Len Deighton and Fatherland by Robert Harris - both entertaining reads.

Teddy

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

Taking a literary approach you could try SS-GB by Len Deighton and Fatherland by Robert Harris - both entertaining reads.

Teddy

Even though I'm not usually too keen on thrillers or spy novels (sorry double-oh-Teddy) I really enjoyed Harris' Fatherland. I also enjoyed Enigma and Archangel despite its rather bizarre ending. :rolleyes:

Considering heigt, eye-colour and (at least my hairstylists opinion of my) hair-colour, I'd dress in black, herd some slave-laborers and live somewhere in the general direction of Siberia.

Man, the first time in ages I am completely happy with my life - it really could be so much worse... ;)

Gruß

Joachim

Originally posted by Schoerner:

The differences between cultures, ethnicities and races would be respected instead of neglected.

Sure, ol' Adolf and his buddies were well-known for their sensible, respectful approach towards other cultures and races. And don't let yourself get confused by a few million deaths.

Schoerner, do you really believe this crap or are you just trying to pollute this forum for fun's sake?

Nobody can seriously believe the 'Thousand year Reich' wouldn't have simply died from entropy by now.

I can imagine Nazi teenagers in the 50's craving some of that 'degerate' Western music; Eastern Europe taking every opportunity that came its way to throw off its Nazi chains; France, Britain, Belgium, etc. furtively reasserting their independence; German citizens sick of fifty years of Nazi arrogance, repression and corruption form opposition parties. By 1990s most of the population of Europe weren't even born during the war (much like the Iranian population never having known the Shah).

The economical system wouldn't be based on interests.

The differences between cultures, ethnicities and races would be respected instead of neglected.

Oh, yes the differences would have certainly been respected. The Jews were different, so into the death camps. The Slavs were different, so slave labor or the firing squad for them. The French were only a little different, so most could live, and only a relative handful are to be forced into slave factory work. And the Economy would have certainly not been based on interests, at least not of the average citizen. The leaders of the Reich and owners of Krup on the other hand...

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Schoerner, do you really believe this crap or are you just trying to pollute this forum for fun's sake?

ParaBellum, and all you other hobby inquisitors:

Too bad, that you don't prefer that over the present nature hostile system.

Yes i believe, the world we see today, the suffering of, in the meanwhile around 80% of mankind, the enormous, never seen before destruction of nature, the treating of animals only for profit, is only a mirror of the established great nature hostile system.

The 'democratic western system' in the USA and its satellites are responsible for it. :eek:

Not Adolf Hitler. :eek:

Not the Nazis. :eek:

Every citizen supporting this system, believing it's lies, is responsible for it, and guilty, too because they have all the information available at the fingertips.

What happens today on earth, is much worse, than ever before. :eek:

Too bad, no Nazis, no Adolf Hitler to blame since almost 60years.

How's that possible, that the world is becoming worse and worse for the majority of mankind, if a great system were ruling the world?

Maybe you should finally take a look around what's happening in the world?

Maybe you should stop hunting the shadows of the bad and evil witches, the system is projecting on the wall, to distract from what is happening in the world today?

Yes i really believe in what i wrote and i don't believe the real crap:

that mankind were made by an old man with a white beard or that Marx can terminate the result of 4 billion years of life and tenthousands of years of evolution of homo sapiens.

Yes, I really believe mankind is part of nature.

Yes i believe mankind should respect nature and not trying to slave it.

Yes i believe evolution is a fact.

If mankind tries to act against it, because of thinking his visions were better, the result in the long terms will be much worse.

Yes i really believe, the rational homo sapiens shouldn't use his consciousness to follow nature-hostile visions and feelings, but try to reduce sorrow for future generations although the necessary actions seem to be hard in the present (i.e. environment protection, eugenics,...).

Yes i really believe, the Christian religion is extremely nature hostile.

Yes i believe, that Communism hates nature and it's principles.

Yes, i believe, the more people are hating or not understanding nature, the stronger their believe in nature-hostile, artificial visions of a 'better world'.

Yes, i believe, that the interest-system makes economical growth necessary.

Yes i believe, nothing can grow foreever.

Yes i believe, economical growth results in more exploitation of resources.

Yes, i believe, the private- and the state-capitalism (Communism) are in the long terms, unstable systems, due to the forced growth/expansion by interests.

Yes, I believe WWII was a conflict between systems.

Yes, i believe the capitalistic interest-system has no interest to inform the people objectively about alternative economical, monetary and trading-systems.

Yes, i believe in authorized sources, and not what systems want to make people believe about other systems.

So, once again,

today the world wouldn't suffer anymore from the interest system.

The different cultures, ethnicities and races would be respected, not neglected.

[ June 06, 2003, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

And I belive that for every drop of rain that falls someone gets wet.

Yes, I believe that the sun is hot and the moon is cold

I believe that it is dark at night and light during the day.

I believe that the sound of an alarm clock in the morning is the most horrible sound created by man's ingenuity.

And I believe that if you suck at CMBB 1.02, you will continue to suck at 1.03.

Yes, hear me now, I believe that one day we will all come together in a big field and there will be music and dancing and lotsa beer and stuff.

Oh, I believe that women are both God's gift to mankind and also mankind's curse.

And finally, I believe that I am running out of things I believe, so I'll wrap this one up.

WWII wasn't a conflict between systems, it was all ego driven. Germany, France, Britain, Italy, the U.S., Japan all had basically a modified market economy and merrily traded with each other before the war. Hitler didn't gobble up the Czechs, Poles, Belgians, French, etc. for socio-economic aims. He simply did it because he could. Sure, he had his lunatic social theories too, but it was dreams of glory that fueled the war machine.

[ June 06, 2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Yes i really believe, the Christian religion is extremely nature hostile.

If you believe that then you don't know what a Christian is; nore do you know what we stand for. Just to give you a hint, God made nature to glorify himself... so I don't see why you think we hate nature...

:rolleyes:

[ June 06, 2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

WWII wasn't a conflict between systems, it was all ego driven. Germany, France, Britain, Italy, the U.S., Japan all had basically a modified market economy and merrily traded with each other before the war. Hitler didn't gobble up the Czechs, Poles, Belgians, French, etc. for socio-economic aims. He simply did it because he could. Sure, he had his lunatic social theories too, but it was dreams of glory that fueled the war machine.

I think there is something to be said for that point of view (well, after all, you did say it smile.gif ). I think Hitler wanted to be the second Alexander the Great. He wanted to be a military conqueror, and to be that he had to have a war. The prosperity, puissance, and well-being that the German people rightly craved could have been obtained through peaceful means—look at what happened after the war—but that would not have made Hitler a great conqueror. And that was something he either could not imagine or would not. I don't think he cared a tinker's dam about the German people. After all, when the end came he said that since they had failed to serve his dream, they should all die. Notice that they should serve his dream. Humility and selfless service were not his outstanding traits.

Michael