Alright ya refreshen' monkey's, v1.03 patch is now up!

Originally posted by Scheer:

BTW, the US version is around 2.5 MB the CDV is 25 MB ?

The three most probable possibilities are:

a) It comes with a 20 meg demo of the new Lula game

B) It is a multinational patch, including separate versions of the .exe file in English, German, French, Gaelic, Swahili, Marsh Arabic and Klingon, and all of those .exe's have a super-encrypted and extra-large CDV copy protection system added to them

c) The CDV cleaning woman who was given the task of localising the patch, thinks "compression" is the thing she does when she doesn't want babies

Another interesting detail is, at the CDV site they have for 1.02 the following:

13.02.2003: Combat Mission 2: Patch 1.02 (26 MB)

The complete list of the new features is too long to be included here; it includes a huge selection of new units and some bug fixes for the game.

AND, the following for 1.03.

05.06.2003: Combat Mission 2: Patch 1.03 (25 MB)

Russian blunt-nose APBC ammo is reduced in effectiveness versus homogenous armor (e.g. Tiger, late StuG III) but increased versus face-hardened armor (some Pz IV, early/mid StuG III).

Kind of gives you the impression that there is just one improvement. I wonder if some CDV customers will read that, compare it to the size of the patch, and leave it? Those evil Germans, always saving on bandwith.

Actually the HQ thing didn't make it into 1.03.

We looked into to it but it would have required much more coding and testing than we deemed worthy.

Bottom line is that it affects all sides equally the same and the vast majority of players would never (and didn't until recently) notice it.

Madmatt

Hmmm... Well, yes, it affects both sides equally if both sides have mirrored forces. Otherwise, it somewhat augments the value of air units and somewhat depreciates the value of AFV platoons.

Verdict: not a gamekiller but cheesy nonetheless.

Two points I like in particular are better aiming of HE against reverse slope targets like those pesky ATGs. The other is in regards to changing back to an original target and maintaining the target acquisition levels. Those things have been plaguing us since CMBO.

Originally posted by Joques:

Is everybody busily trying to find fault with v1.03, or is or game simply as perfect as it can possibly be? :D

I like it....

Of course I was happy with v1.02 and even v1.01. :D

Perhaps I'm just too easy to please.... ;)

Maybe I should become more cynical and demand more for my $50 bucks worth of entertainment. :D

IMHO, it's probably the best money I've spent in years on software gaming entertainment. It's definitely returned the highest level of personal enjoyment for me. Thanks BFC.....

Regards,

Badger

[ June 12, 2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: BadgerDog ]