What mod are you hoping to see?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As self elect speaker of the low res install consortium, (am I the only one, in fact?)-

There is only one mod which is absolutely crucial to the game, and actually honest to gawd still looks great downsampled to my wimpy machine- JuJu's definitive hakenkreuze mod.

Unfortunately, it makes all the other flags look like a pile of hot, steamy doo dads.

I'm hereby officially soliciting for other voices who also despair of the lack of definitive *rest of 'em* flags by JuJu- join with me, cast off your chains, call in your JuJu favors, let us collectively whine as one.

Eden

I'm not sure if all your suggestions can be handled by recoloring the bmp files!!!!! That world peace request is gonna be tough to mod.

You are not alone in the Lo Res camp, E. smallwood. I've got low res grass and snow on my poor old mac right now. One super-high res vehicle will probably knock all the other object into a blurry down-res'd mess! As a matter of fact, a couple of the less important bmp files in my last mod were down-res'd a bit to take a bit of stress of my machine.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

You are not alone in the Lo Res camp, E. smallwood.

Heh, even I, with my mid/high range rig use lo-res grass. well, to make room for all those hi-res ones of course. Partly my own bloody fault, I guess. ;)

Eden, glad you like the flags. I did those cos I had the adequate textures available. I, however, have no plans for doing any other flag mod. Sorry.

I'll be glad if I can do a workable wooden bridge (no such luck yet), but so far that's about all I've planned.

[ January 31, 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Juju ]

Originally posted by illo:

-Muddy Panthers.

Lets see what i can do about this.

here is my latest WIP .I am doing the full set as we speak. smile.gif

these are based on Kwazydogs set.

Hopefully these will come with optional unit markings and things.

i am even going to do some with Kursk markings for MikeT.

Thats if some body can give me any info on this.

I need to know which Models were about at Kusrk and which units had them.

Cheers

pantVGlate.jpg

Originally posted by JaegerMeister:

I'm still waiting for someone to mod the peasant 'isbas'..the straw roofed huts that formed the majority of Russian villages in the Ukraine and southern Russia!..be nice and realistic looking with some muddy tracks and poor villages to fight over.

Something like this?

shack.jpg

Mortar tubes and bases, if they can really be moded as stated in v1.01 readme.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Now that we've got tons of cool dirty, dusty, wintery vehicle mods to choose from I was wondering.

What mod would you MOST like to see show up next?

I mean something other than dirty versions of what we already got. Be more specific. How about the Picasso-camou Stug from that Panzer Colors book?

My fondest hope... I'm actually working on it now. An Elefant with a camou scheme that's different than the Ferdinand's. If I don't mess it up it's gonna be pretty.

Originally posted by vedder:

More Sets like Noobie is doing. All the Panthers (I'm trusting gautrek to do this tongue.gif ), Stugs, Tigers, etc in nice chunky download packs.

I am working on the Panthers in tandem with MikeT about numerious options for CMMOS.But i will also do this in old style as well.

I am now working on a D model as these were about for Kusrk. smile.gif

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

Tanks A Lot,

The picture of the Russian Isba that you posted to this thread, is that an existing mod?

If so where can I get it because its great!

Hope to see a reply soon. This will make my CMBB landscape even that much better. Thanks.

Thanks Jack. It's a mod that I just made. I'd like to do the other two peasant shacks before I release it.