Peng, The Musical Challenge

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Becket:

I loathe you and your gamey walrus ways til the end of time.

Hmm this one shows some promise..

His taunting has a modicum of wit. Not much hatred, but it's a start... and he didn't use a smilie.. with a little more effort he could be the new PL..

Originally posted by YK2:

If you're going to come in, then at least make sure you bring some wine with you....

Preferably in a bottle.. ;):D :cool:

Yep.... those were indeed SMILIES..

Wine is winging its way to the Minnesota clime for enjoyment by der Uber Gnome. He seems to have a soft spot for ladies in festive Santa hats who join him in the spa.

Ahh, home ownership.

The garage roof, which was supposed to be a 4 hr project starting Wednesday morning at 8am. Finished up at 1pm today (Friday). The roof looks fine, the table they broke will be easy to replace, and the wood trim work they did (since the real guy who was going to do it just plain never showed up) is crappier than I could have done myself and will have to be replaced.

But it's over and at estimate cost, which tells me I paid way too much.

But it's over.

Ye gods, but I wish I knew how to rebuild a bathroom so I could do it myself....

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

I loathe you and your gamey walrus ways til the end of time.

Hmm this one shows some promise..

His taunting has a modicum of wit. Not much hatred, but it's a start... and he didn't use a smilie.. with a little more effort he could be the new PL.. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Don't be getting all soft and cuddly with the SSNs again Dame YK2. Remember what happened the LAST TIME ... hmmm?

I remember the LAST TIME....... but that was then.. and you said you would never mention the LAST TIME again...

Awwwwwww shucks Joe can't I have this one... I promise not to be too soft on him...

Please, please pretty pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

btw, where's that grumpy one lately, Mr Goodale? You know, the one with perpetual Pre-Menstrual Syndrome?

I like him, he's funny (reminds me of Joe Shaw, and has a similar way with words. Sorry I mean grunts). [big Grin]

Mace

Right then, I don't take THAT from anyone, especially not someone from Australia who actually DOES grunt when he talks.

I shall require a setup or a full and complete retraction!

Joe

The 'full and complete retractions' part of my brain has been atrophied due to my long term employment as Guv'mint Employee, so expect a setup shortly.

And this time, let's agree to complete it before either of us expire due to old age.

Mace

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Don't be getting all soft and cuddly with the SSNs again Dame YK2. Remember what happened the LAST TIME ... hmmm?

I remember the LAST TIME....... but that was then.. and you said you would never mention the LAST TIME again...

Awwwwwww shucks Joe can't I have this one... I promise not to be too soft on him...

Please, please pretty pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. </font>

Originally posted by Mace:

The 'full and complete retractions' part of my brain has been atrophied due to my long term employment as Guv'mint Employee, so expect a setup shortly.

And this time, let's agree to complete it before either of us expire due to old age.

Mace </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

Please, please pretty pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. </font>

Suddenly I feel very cold.

Do you hear that Joe!!

The poor boy's cold, He must me missing MG..

Come in a little closer to the fire Becket, yeah that's right just over here next to me and you'll be safe enough......

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuwaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaa

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Suddenly I feel very cold.

Do you hear that Joe!!

The poor boy's cold, He must me missing MG..

Come in a little closer to the fire Becket, yeah that's right just over here next to me and you'll be safe enough......

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuwaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaa </font>

oooOOOOgah, oooOOOOgah, oooOOOOgah

CAUTION, CAUTION, CAUTION

Step back VERY carefully MiLady ... no sudden moves, sometimes they strike when they're cornered, sometimes they just boost their billable hours, hard to be sure. No, no ... don't look him in the eyes, keep your eyes down and don't make any sudden moves toward your wallet.

He's ... he's a LAWYER! And a Washington Lawyer at that. He ... he might well know Lawyer.

Perhaps if we just show him how poor we are he'll leave quietly.

Joe

Long live the Justicar ...

Becket's A LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!

That sure was a close shave Joe .. the bugger almost had me under his spell, it was the look in his eyes I tell you...he was like a little lost puppy crying for some affection.. and well... I can't resist the lost puppy type...

and it's been such a long time since we had a serf, and I really need someone to fill my bath and warm my towels, and I could do with a fresh glass of wine, and the cellar is so dark and musty, and well every time I go down there my skirts get all dirty and torn and since Dorosh ran off there is no one to do the mending.... oh please Joe if I can't have this one, can I have the other one? He does seem to have an endless supply of wine!!!

Sae Ah were oot ain tha garden scoopin' oop after mae wee span'l wi' mah trusty Croda-scooper, an' Ah go' tae thinkin' aboot pillocks. Dalem, tha's ye cue tae saind mae tha' set-oop, ye big girl's blouse. Af'n ye widnae a complete an' utter pratt, ye soon wid bae.

...pause... Define OLD age!

Oh goody, I get to define old age:

Old age: condition where one frequently leaves oneself wide open for an obvious come back due to lack of forethought. This is due to a reduction in mental capacity caused by aging.

Mace

[ August 29, 2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Originally posted by Mace:

...pause... Define OLD age!

Oh goody, I get to define old age:

Old age: condition where one frequently leaves oneself wide open for an obvious come back due to lack of forethought. This is due to a reduction in mental capacity caused by aging.

Mace </font>

oooOOOOgah, oooOOOOgah, oooOOOOgah

CAUTION, CAUTION, CAUTION

Step back VERY carefully MiLady ... no sudden moves, sometimes they strike when they're cornered, sometimes they just boost their billable hours, hard to be sure. No, no ... don't look him in the eyes, keep your eyes down and don't make any sudden moves toward your wallet.

He's ... he's a LAWYER! And a Washington Lawyer at that. He ... he might well know Lawyer.

Perhaps if we just show him how poor we are he'll leave quietly.

Joe

Reputation is an idle and most false imposition: oft got without merit, and lost without deserving.

Long live the Justicar ...

Becket's A LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!

That sure was a close shave Joe .. the bugger almost had me under his spell, it was the look in his eyes I tell you...he was like a little lost puppy crying for some affection.. and well... I can't resist the lost puppy type...

and it's been such a long time since we had a serf, and I really need someone to fill my bath and warm my towels, and I could do with a fresh glass of wine, and the cellar is so dark and musty, and well every time I go down there my skirts get all dirty and torn and since Dorosh ran off there is no one to do the mending.... oh please Joe if I can't have this one, can I have the other one? He does seem to have an endless supply of wine!!!

A few light taps upon the pane made him turn to the window. It had begun to snow again. He watched sleepily the flakes, silver and dark, falling obliquely against the lamplight. The time had come for him to set out on his journey westward. Yes, the newspapers were right: snow was general all over Ireland....His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Croda:

Alright, I know I've been out of touch for a while...

Out of touch? Out of touch??? Well, yes...if you can call some slacker of a former leige of mine who, after four months (count em, four fricken' months) sends me a turn in version 1.02 and asks me if I can open it.

NOT EVEN AT GUNPOINT, SPARKY!

Out of touch? DO YA THINK??? </font>