Peng, The Musical Challenge

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

This will make me angry.

Getting angry will make your shingles itch like hell...

Here grab a cold one....

And don't say I never do anything for you... It took me ages to find a bottle ready chilled.. </font>

You're not having the Amish do the job are you? They like to pee off of roofs.

I had my roof redone about four years ago. Not by the Amish, though. Just by regular guys. They didn't pee off the roof either. They did do the job stoned though. I didn't find this out until last year when my neighbor and I were out in the yard talking and he said he was surprised that my roof looked as good as it did. When I asked why , he said because while he was in his kitchen, he saw the roofing crew hunkered down behind my garage blowing dope.

Made me feel real good, it did.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

You're not having the Amish do the job are you? They like to pee off of roofs.

I had my roof redone about four years ago. Not by the Amish, though. Just by regular guys. They didn't pee off the roof either. They did do the job stoned though. I didn't find this out until last year when my neighbor and I were out in the yard talking and he said he was surprised that my roof looked as good as it did. When I asked why , he said because while he was in his kitchen, he saw the roofing crew hunkered down behind my garage blowing dope.

Made me feel real good, it did.

Are there Mexican Amish guys?

Originally posted by dalem:

Some days I miss Meeks.

Yeah, well, you can always watch reruns. I hear Turner's gonna rerelease the first three threads, and colorize 'em, you know, bring 'em up to date from the old ugly blue and even-uglier blue days to the modern ****-brown and vomit-green. Wait till Spielburg gets the rights, then we'll have digitally remastered scenes, with previously cut posts from Croda and Stuka.

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Some days I miss Meeks.

Yeah, well, you can always watch reruns. I hear Turner's gonna rerelease the first three threads, and colorize 'em, you know, bring 'em up to date from the old ugly blue and even-uglier blue days to the modern ****-brown and vomit-green. Wait till Spielburg gets the rights, then we'll have digitally remastered scenes, with previously cut posts from Croda and Stuka. </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

But will your unique awfulness be digitized into a radio?

Oh yeah, but you'll need an adapter. It's a clunky thing, which includes oversized, cat-in-the-hat hands to slap some sense in you, a vitriol dispenser that will need to be topped off with bile on an hourly basis and a can opener, which I haven't found a use for, but I'm sure will come in handy later. It'll also be on XM, because I my awfulness doth not tolerate interruptions to sell you Tide.

Well, they got here very late, didn't wrap up until 8:30pm, didn't "get to" the minor reconstruction, and left some of the shingling "for tomorrow". Plus their van battery died and I had to give them a jump.

Altogether I consider it a "win" for contract work on a private home.

Originally posted by Lars:

Hmm, perhaps Seanachai could get a job to raise money for his new video card?

I'm sure Leeo would be happy to give up his current position.

You really can't do that job unless you are bullet proof like I am. I only wish my troops had the same property.

Your Panthers will die, Lars, oh yes, they will die. Alone. In the rain.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Is that because of the obtuse slope of your head or because the bodily filth you wallow in on a daily basis has formed a protective carapace of dried ordure over your entire body?

Or all of the above?

No, no, no, you unreasoning man-ape. My propensity to become bulletproof is directly proportional to the amount of Malt Liquor consumed.

You really are mind-numbingly dense, aren't you? I don't mean that "let's-use-the-lottery-for-retirement-planning" dense, I'm talking collapsed star, black hole dense. You are a point from which no reason can escape. That explains so much.

I thought this was supposed to be all about challenges, like Seanachai tying his shoes or sumfink...

At any rate... (keep trying Seanachai, you'll get it within a millenium or so, or just invest in some of those velcro strap tennies that all the old geezers are wearing... in the summer... with black socks).

Where was I? Oh yes, challenges and the like.

Gamey Update

It is with great pleasure that my stupendous mousentruppen invite all the 'Poolers to a marshmallow roast. The cooking fire is provided by Pondscum's armored fireplace, if you can tolerate the smell of burning tires and untermenschen and whatever. Should it get too crowded (I know how you are all fascinated with flames), we hope to be providing a second pyre, er fire, in the near future...

Guest PondScum

Ah yes, Mouse's "random setups". The first one had 23 tanks (him) versus 3 guns and some infantry (me). This one has a StuG and some 20mm halftracks (him) vs BA-64 armored cars (me).

Sometimes I don't know why I bother. But then the hatred reappears.