Peng, The Musical Challenge

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Now for those who have a propensity to jump to conclusion about something which they have no knowledge it has become painfully obvious they certainly ARE those petulant oiks lacking the mental agility God gave a small soapdish that your posts so eloquently point you out to be.

</font>

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some updates....

Mr.Spkr has noticed his thrashing from june 4th. Yep, it took a while to sink in, but finally; slowly but surely - in fact about as quickly as Joe sends a turn, he saw it. Major win to me, as expected. Now he has been busy of late and a busy law practice is time consuming, but really.

Boo has been dashed to pixelly pieces in our battle in the snow. I don't remember the insult that started this little thing, but I'll remember the Major Victory for a while. We used the classic Cannae battle concept on him...he never saw it coming, squeezed him like a pimple on OGSF's arse, greasy and sweaty plops! as his squads were squished into oblivion. His StuGs were assailed by hordes of Russian squads eager to test their grenades, like a showers of rain. His bunkers ground to matchwood under the inexorable assault. Roadblocks bypassed as our glorious troops marched past his ruptured front lines on the way to his rear areas !!

Glorious.

In another battle, Mace is MIA, but thats ok, he's probably up to his ears in real work.

OGSF is cowering somewhere. Pillock.

Noba.

Originally posted by Croda:

yet you don't miss me?

I'm a ghast.

Still haven't thrown away those old Dungeons & Dragons yet? But no one here would argue that you're not quite dead yet, and that you smell prety bad...

I'm a jar.

... well, that would match the results of your last IQ test, wouldn't it?

I'm a loof.

WTF if a loof?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

bleat... bleat... bleat... with only the annoyance of doing a single cable swap sometimes depending on what performance I needed from the graphic system, I was home free.

This might be a long stretch for you, but listen carefully... it's only two words...

switch box

Yes, two cards installed, two video cables out, from the PC into the switch box. Here's the tricky part... One cable from the switch box to the monitor. Then just pick the video card you want to use to display by turning the little dial (or punching the button depending on your model) on the box.

Thank you. That will be $250.000 consulting time, or a setup. Your choice. ThankYouVeryMuch.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

You know, maybe the next outing of the Minnesota Miscreants (by which I mean a day spent in amusing pursuits, and not a repeat of that incident in which we told everyone at Fletcher's that Lars was 'actually deeply, deeply gay') should be to journey out to the Minnesota Rennaissance Festival. They sell a great deal of wine and beer at the Ren Fest, and if the weather is nice, it's an amazing people watching experience.

You bastard, so that's why they always bring me a white wine spritzer when I go there now .

Yes, let it be the Rennaissance Festival, where I can tell the burly Scottish caber tossers that you wear a merkin and were cast in the starring role as Bunny Wigglesworth in "Zorro, The Gay Blade".

Seanachai's best line – "They say the British navy makes men. Well, they certainly made me!"

Of course, it will be immediately obvious to them that I'm telling the truth about the fact that you've fallen on hard times and are looking to pick up a few bucks on the side in a "private screening". Anything to stay in show business, right Seanachai?

SSN Hint Of The Day: Support gay divorce

Now sod off.

I just wanted to let you reprobates know that life sucks. How do I know this, you ask. Easy:

-- Just in time for my nephew's bar mitzvah, I get a respriratory infection that keeps me from travelling.

-- Our rental property just got burglarized.

-- Since bad things come in threes, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Yes, technically that makes for three shoes, but whatever.

I blame Berli. On the bright side, at least I am not Joe Shaw, or Hiram, or Croda, or {shudder} Meeks.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled suckfest.

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

I just wanted to let you reprobates know that life sucks. How do I know this, you ask. Easy:

-- Just in time for my nephew's bar mitzvah, I get a respriratory infection that keeps me from travelling.

-- Our rental property just got burglarized.

-- Since bad things come in threes, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Yes, technically that makes for three shoes, but whatever.

I blame Berli. On the bright side, at least I am not Joe Shaw, or Hiram, or Croda, or {shudder} Meeks.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled suckfest.

Hakko Ichiu you know you drop to your knees every day begging Gawd to make you just a little bit, just the tiniest smidgen LIKE me. No, you are NOT me and you can never BE me, but with perserverance (and a dash of underarm deodorant) you can, perhaps, hope to emulate me.

Joe

Hakko Ichiu you know you drop to your knees every day begging Gawd to make you just a little bit, just the tiniest smidgen LIKE me. No, you are NOT me and you can never BE me, but with perserverance (and a dash of underarm deodorant) you can, perhaps, hope to emulate me.

Joe

Send me a turn you undertrained house-ape.

Ahh. It's good to live in Texas.

lenin1.jpg

Many famous celebrities do commercial endorsements for various products and establishments but perhaps one of the most odd examples is that of communist leader Vladimir Lenin hocking homemade North Texas cheeseburgers. What's the gag? Well, Lenny here is an 800 pound concrete and rebar statue that stands in front of Goff's Charcoal Hamburgers (5702 Lovers Lane) in Dallas. Owner Harvey Gough placed the statue at his establishment (facing west) in 1992 as a symbol of America's victory in the Cold War and as his dislike for communism. You want fries with that?

lenin2.jpg

Reportedly, the proprieter just got back from Iraq and has arranged for transporting a couple of Saddam statues to keep Vlad from getting lonely...

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Steve

I'm getting sick and tired of the FAUX TEXANS like MrSpkr and George W. Bush!

MrSpkr is from Oklahoma and GWB was born in CONNECTICUT!

I, on the other hand, was born in Texas, my parents were born in Texas, my GRANDPARENTS were ALL born in Texas and ALL of my Great-Grandparents are buried there.

Texans he says ... sheesh!

Joe

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Steve

I'm getting sick and tired of the FAUX TEXANS like MrSpkr and George W. Bush!

MrSpkr is from Oklahoma and GWB was born in CONNECTICUT!

I, on the other hand, was born in Texas, my parents were born in Texas, my GRANDPARENTS were ALL born in Texas and ALL of my Great-Grandparents are buried there.

Texans he says ... sheesh!

Joe </font>

Alright, I know I've been out of touch for a while, but can one of you nongs please enlighten me as to what the hell this is?

Out of touch he says ... AWOL I call it.

I think Andreas said it best when he identified that thread as a place for those who couldn't handle it here.

Joe

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Croda:

Alright, I know I've been out of touch for a while, but can one of you nongs please enlighten me as to what the hell this is?

I think Andreas said it best when he identified that thread as a place for those who couldn't handle it here.

Joe </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe </font>

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Peasants,

Game updates that nobody cares about:

Ms. Sedai - Gamily taking the unique tactic of not sending turns in an effort to win. Lost on her is the fact that you must complete a game to win a game.

Love,

Elvis

*AHEM*

I, sirrah, am sorely affronted by this accusation! I demand satisfaction! I faithfully sent turns on a daily basis for the first week, then got caught up in some real-life drama and stress wherein, I admit, I was only returning turns at a rate of one every three or four days or so. But this last week it's been every day or every other.

How in the nine hells you can sit there smugly and claim I don't send turns is an abasement to my good nature. You, sir, are a cad.

Do not lump me in with the rest of this lowly non-turn-sending slovenly lot (Hiram excluded, of course) and generalize one of my fine breeding and heritage as one so lacking in stalwart dedication!

Just for that, you won't get a turn yesterday. Which you didn't. And I'm considering not sending one today, either.

Be wary of rousing a woman's wrath, my dear. The result will not be pretty.

Joe </font>

Alright, I know I've been out of touch for a while...

Out of touch? Out of touch??? Well, yes...if you can call some slacker of a former leige of mine who, after four months (count em, four fricken' months) sends me a turn in version 1.02 and asks me if I can open it.

NOT EVEN AT GUNPOINT, SPARKY!

Out of touch? DO YA THINK???