Will some of the FUN be put back ??

A new game from these excellent people is going to be well worth the wait, and the potential for improvements based on the past two games and input from all the good people in this circle is enormous.

I just hope they will put some of the fun back that they lost with CMBB. Making it as realistic as possible sounds like a great objective, but in the end it is a game and not an army training project.

As my mum used to say "All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy"

Maybe a "FUN" & "REALISTIC" switch could be added ??

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mike:

Why do some ppl think that realism <> fun?? :(

does this symbol <> mean "does not equal"?

(not equal to?)

sorry to have to ask smile.gif

<=>=

!= oh there it is NOT equal to ha!

BAH! != option = does not show up here that should be an = with a / through it :rolleyes:

-tom w

[ May 13, 2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

No fun in CMBB?

Try this:

lower the Fog of War from Extreme to Full. Should make spotting much easier. Alternatively, make sure you don't play in reduced visibility conditions like dawn/dusk, overcast, fog, rain, etc.

Play with Veteran troops, Regular at the minimum. Should reduce the irritating crawl thru MG fire (heh). However you'll still experience the "improved" MG-area fire/suppression from infantry and tank MGs.

Give the attacker a 10% bonus in troops.

Do you think these will help you? They should help to make CMBB more "arcade" like... much like the easier gameplay of CMBO, but with all the improvements still intact.

Originally posted by William amos:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Martyr:

The problem with CMBB is that it's just not fun like the REAL Eastern Front. BTS, please fix or do somefink!

So it needs Zampolit units and Mud and snow and Soldiers sitting in foxholes starving to death in Stalingrad ? </font>

I just hope they will put some of the fun back that they lost with CMBB.

I don't know about that. Watching a rifle platoon advance upright across an open field without a care in the world while they are being fired on by an MG-42 isn't my idea of fun.

"Don't vorry Hans, zat little M2 50. HMG von't do a zing to us."

I nthink foamy means, that the extended micromanagement possibilities take away a lot of the feeling of comanding 'intelligent' units.

IMO BTS should heed such 'complains'.

I agree, i simply was more fun, but less realitic to give the infantry units their move or run orders and to be thrilled what will happen to them. Will they reach the cover?

Now, in most cases you can much better predict, what the outcome of the orders are. Much more realism, but sometimes less fun.

Or think about the tanks.

Wasn't it great fun in CMBO, not to have covered-arcs available, but being forced to move forward, although knowing, there could be danger from the side?

I agree, CMBO was less realistically, but in a certain point of view more fun.

Maybe BTS should try to implement two layers?

The 'CMBO Style' only offers the rudimentary orders, possibilities and less-micromanagement from CMBO (maybe it would be necessary to implement the unrealistic, but funny CMBO MG/infantry model), while the 'Ultra Realism' mode offers all the level of simulation CM can offer?

I have had cmbo for a few years and after the first 6 months I had it , I had to put it away. It was taking up too much of my time, just entirely too addictive. I brought it out here again just about a month ago and just started playing pbem's and online. WOW, totally love it. Then I went and made the mistake of downloading cmbb demo ,I am torn between the two. You guys are excellent!, I only wish you would make my sports games.

Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

No fun in CMBB?

Try this:

lower the Fog of War from Extreme to Full. Should make spotting much easier. Alternatively, make sure you don't play in reduced visibility conditions like dawn/dusk, overcast, fog, rain, etc.

Play with Veteran troops, Regular at the minimum. Should reduce the irritating crawl thru MG fire (heh). However you'll still experience the "improved" MG-area fire/suppression from infantry and tank MGs.

Give the attacker a 10% bonus in troops.

Do you think these will help you? They should help to make CMBB more "arcade" like... much like the easier gameplay of CMBO, but with all the improvements still intact.

that is a GOOD point

not having enough fun in CMBB?

Try fightling with ALL Crack or Elite units if that is your idea of fun.

and YES your fun might actually increase (if fun means winning without working hard for it) if you play at only FULL FOW and not Extreme EFOW.

those two factors right there are like turning on the CMBO fun switch I would guess.

Great Suggestion Silvio, but please don't mess with the REALISM of CMBB because it should be more like CMBO, IT should NOT be more like CMBO at ALL!

Read my sigature line below if there is any doubt as to where Steve G of BFC stands on the issue

:D

-tom w

I can't stand playing CMBO anymore. It's just not fun. Watching an infantry squad waltz through mg fire is downright annoying now.

Make no mistake, CMBO was a great innovation for it's time. With CMBB all the weaknesses of CMBO are now glaringly obvious.