Will some of the FUN be put back ??

...of course, having formation commands for AFV's is going to be pretty much pointless as long as they can shoot through each other. OTOH having vehicles block LOS will make the AI totally useless (and stress the player as well) unless it can use some kind of formation commands. So it seems that these two things go hand in hand.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andreas
Sure i want a different game. Afterall, how long do you wish yo continue on the same concept.

Anyway, you don't understand. my ideal WWII game covers all, from tactics to strategical level. "Across the rhine" came close (it's old now).

See, i don't wanna sleep with my squad.I don't want to play a icon-strategic game. I want to play WWII to its fullest....

With detailed maps, a OKW, Sectors, CMBB style battles of engagement. Tanks that not only look like tanks, but also "feel" like it. Not a tank that disappears in another one. Not squads that seems to walk through walls. when making it 3D, do it right or leave it....

We want realism, i see that word comin up many times. But when it comes to trees, water tanks, squads whatever we are satisfied with what we get; unrealistic images....

sorry to be so cru, but that's what it is and nothing else. Sure, the data may be 'realistic" but what we see on the screen isn't.

Originally posted by 88mm:

Sure i want a different game.

Then sorry, but this aint the game for you. I would say that most people like CMBB just fine, much better than CMBO. As Andreas mentioned, this game was designed to be played at a certain level. It is not the level you look for, and prob never will be.

Alot of the things many posteres here want can be achived by using the different options included in this game.

Remember what this game is all about, what it is designed to simulate, if you want to be a Reg commander, dont complain about CM not allowing you to do something it is not really designed to do. Dont confuse what you CAN do, and what its designed to do.