CM2 - Will you play CM:BO after its release?

That is the question. What will happen to CM after CM2?

I don't have enough time to play CM, and I don't know what I will do having two materpieces to gawk over.

My answer, for all practicle purposes, I will play CM2, otherwise I will fall out of the loop. Besides, I really want to play big maps and zoom around in my BT-7 sport tanks smile.gif

Believe it or not, some of us like the late war Western Front just fine. CM2 will be a welcome addition for me, mainly because of its timescale and inherent variations, but CM:BO will always be on my play list.

-dale

Guest Mike the bike

I probably won't.

IMO improvements in CM2 will make BO look pretty naf - I'm especially looking forward to the Russin C3 system. IMO the current system allows players far too much latitude in changing orders, etc., and the "new" system for the Russians is likely to be far more realistic......I hope!! smile.gif

And I'm more interested in the Eastern Front anyway - more scope, longer history apepal to me.

I had wondered that myself. It all depends on how more advanced or improved CM2 is. If it's a big improvement or even a lot improved I may just play it, but it have to be for me to stop playing CM . Course I like the equipment and vehicles etc of the Americans and just don't know if I would rather play the Russian's or German's as much. But I am sure looking forward to CM2. :D

I never really cared for the eastern front. The russians just can't be as fun as the rest. In CMBO you can play french,US, bristish, canada, and germany. On the eastern front there was only the russians and germany.....But it will be fun to try the seige of lenigrad. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hilhil45:

I never really cared for the eastern front. The russians just can't be as fun as the rest. In CMBO you can play french,US, bristish, canada, and germany. On the eastern front there was only the russians and germany.....But it will be fun to try the seige of lenigrad. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, but there's a lot of variation, even assuming the Finns, Hungarians, Romanians, Italians, Cossacks, Spanish, etc. are not in game. Germans vs. Russians in 1941 is completely different from Germans v. Russians in '43, and that is completely diffferent from Ger v. Rus 1945.

By contrast, US v. Germans is about the same in 44 or 45 -- there are differences, but they are tiny.

The new posting thing is okay, although logging in and the colors are annoying.

The smilies are convenient, though :rolleyes:

I will continue to play CMBO as I really enjoy the theatre of operations. The Russian front will be interesting, I really like the later Soviet equipment. I am looking forward to the new functions in the game. I do worry that I will need ot upgrade my computer to really enjoy it, so I may not play the new one as much as I have CMBO unless I can still play nice little one evening or less quick battles. :D

The Eastern Front is what drew me into Wargaming. very excited waiting for version 2. CMBO I am sure will be revisited from time to time but 1941-1945 offers great playability and longevity. It seems a campaign system may be making its way to the net as well. Great things coming our way.

hard to say.. depends how buff CM2 will be... I remember a game I played called Myth and though I would still play it when Myth II came out.. guess what.. nope didn't.. but CM is a very different then Myth and not even close to CM.. hard to say. most likely both since its not CMBO 2 with new improvements it CMEF a totaly different theatre.

Well if they somehow upgrade CMBO to CM:Barbarossa to Berlin standards, then yeah, CMBO will still get some playing time.

On a second note, what is all this bitching about logging in? I logged in once and am still logged in several days later since the board went back on-line. Try enabling cookies.

Seeing as I only just got CMBO, and it cost more than any other game I've ever bought when you include shipping, I don't think I'll be russian (sic) out to buy CM2.

Of course, that doesn't mean I won't ever but CM2, just I want to fully enjoy CMBO first. ;)