2 Huge planes just wrecked into World Trade Center

Echo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lindan:

I just saw the pictures of Palestinians celebrating this tragedy and having a party in the streets. This makes me so sick with anger that I would like to see this whole pests wiped from the face of earth.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're not going to win any friends that way.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pawbroon --

I know you weren't trying to point the finger at anyone, just describe a scenario. Again, sorry to get PC on you. It's just that a lot of folks with the wrong last names got their teeth kicked in after the first WTC and Oklahoma, and it would be a shame if that repeated.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzerman:

HE was. :(<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We also know where this SOB is -- Afghanistan.

I suspect if Bin Laden is behind this, we will be at war with Afghanistan (of all places) because we WILL insist on going in after him, and the official position of the Taliban government has been to shelter him.

I doubt this is an American terrorist group for a couple of reasons. First, most American groups are so infiltrated by the FBI that they would be unable to coordinate such a massive attack. Second, culturally, I think it would be much more difficult to find three Americans willing to sacrifice their lives for a political objective. I think it would be much easier to find three people to do this for 'religious' reasons.

Word just in - the flight in Western PA was a United Airlines flight.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lindan:

I just saw the pictures of Palestinians celebrating this tragedy and having a party in the streets. This makes me so sick with anger that I would like to see this whole pests wiped from the face of earth.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw that too on BBC World Via Quick time

there seemed to be celebrations in the state of Palestine, dancing and flag waving

the response here could be VERY very ugly

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

As the reality of terrorism sets in, the people in my NY office don't know what to do. They don't know if they should stay in the office or go home. They were told that if they leave the building they can't get back in. The subways are shut down and probably other forms of rail transporation. People want to leave but they can't get out of the city. They are afraid to take buses because they fear the bridges may be targets. My company is an insurance agency and many insurance companies are located in the WTC. We fear that the people we know are gone.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear that. If my brother was working then he is gone too. I cant reach anyone in NY on phone.

U.S. Representative Joe Barton (R, Texas), has just given an interview in which he indicates that he considers this a direct military attack on the United States -- he has indicated that he is now willing to fully support whatever means are necessary to bring the perps to justice, including any military means necessary.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Frmr. Sec. of State Lawrence Eagleburger is saying that this is an act of war. Mentioning Asoba Bin Laden and Afganistan. Saying this is the biggest attack since Pearl harbor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we engage in conventional war in Afghanistan, things will get very ugly.

It is truly frightening to be on the cusp of world changes.

My prayers for the victims and their families.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Priest:

Username,

Your brother worked in WTC or NY. It actually does not matter my prayers are with you either way and your family no matter the outcome.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chinatown. Between the lower bridges and the collapse. Fireman.

An interesting note -- there is now a claim that the plane that crashed in Western PA was headed for Camp David. Twenty years ago today the Camp David Peace accords were taking place.

Pres. Bush's plane is being kept in the air at this time.

There were initial reports that F-16s were chasing a civilian airliner out to sea -- anyword on this?

There are currently two more planes unaccounted for.