Western Front CM2 or Eastern Front CM2

Just for my own interest I would like to see who would choice a Western or Eastern Front CM2 if both came out at the same time. I guess I'm just interested in seeing which Front is really the most interesting to you all. No judgements or hidden motives just interested. smile.gif

Well, if WF means France-Germany 1944-45 while EF Poland-Moscow-Berlin 1941-45, the choice would be... eh, East Front. It just has more spank for the buck. The tour of American "playboys" tongue.gif in Europe is not so epic as the struggle in east, as the outcome was obvious to everyone all the time.

Of course it counts that in east there supposedly will be some bloody Finns.

-a bloody Finn

Yes, Japanese versus Commonwealth. Finally we could reverse the shame of that cretinous chimp General Percival.

Mind you, somebody who had all their limbs sawn off and their brain replaced with a clockwork mickey mouse could do a better job than Percival.

As one guy above put it, the true Epic Struggle in World War 2 was the German drive on the East. That is the heart of the conflict, both ideolaogically and militarily.

By June 7, 1944, the Germans had lost. A few of them just didn't know it yet.

Plus, in "East Front" you get to go from the PzI (dual MGs -- oooh!) all the way to the 88mm Tiger. And you get to see the Germans in success and failure, and the Russians the same.

And finally, one word: Stalingrad!

Hey MrJohnson, I loved Talonsoft's east front. By the time they came out with the 8th patch, it was pretty smooth. I loved the dynamic campaign game. My little kubelwagen riding Colonel, ahh it was great.

Of course, by the fourth battle, all my tank platoons were down to 1 strength point.

I also got West Front, but by that time I was over my love for Talonsoft. In fact, CMBO is the first game where I've actually enjoyed playing on the western front. It will be nice to go home to Mother Russia...

Смерть или Победа!

I would pick the Russian Front, hands down. Here was where no quarter was given, or taken, where ideologies were so intense that it rivalled the fanaticism of a civil war. The German armed forces lost 13.5 million in WWII, and 10.7 million of those losses occurred in the East. That's over 79 percent of total losses by the German armed forces.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

.. but what the hell would they do between '41 and '44, shag the French women?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a game I'd enjoy !

:D

Seriously, East Front. How can you NOT like a game that will include exploding dogs, charging cossacks, and bicycles! I mean common, BICYCLES!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grisha:

Смерть или Победа!

I would pick the Russian Front, hands down. Here was where no quarter was given, or taken, .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll bet there were several million German and Soviet POWs who would be surprised to hear that...

Jeff Heidman

Since the original two choices have pretty much been ignored.....

....I choose a Napoleonic CM. smile.gif

No really, If its one or the other, I'd go for the Eastern front. More bang for the buck like Sergei said.

Yet, I'd still buy both. smile.gif