And now for your viewing pleasure... Patch v1.12 is now ready

Guest Madmatt

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Scott Adams:

BUMP! Again

Regarding that 1.1 to 1.12 PBEM compatibility issue.

If your concerned about compatability with 1.1 games your playing with ver1.12, then before applying the patch, rename the Combat Mission.exe file to something like CombatMission1-1.exe.

You can then apply the patch to upgrade to 1.12.

Just run 1-1 to play any games you have started already. I would recommend doing that instead of taking the chance there MIGHT be a upgrade bug.

I guess I should warn you that all smiley's in Havermeyers posts have been suppressed, broken, and routed by the inane anal retentiveness that sometimes permeates this board. Hence, stoking the fires of an inane stupid criticism (i.e., pro-anything bias) without the aid of the routed smiley's

Originally posted by Mikeydz:

If your concerned about compatability with 1.1 games your playing with ver1.12, then before applying the patch, rename the Combat Mission.exe file to something like CombatMission1-1.exe.

You can then apply the patch to upgrade to 1.12.

Just run 1-1 to play any games you have started already. I would recommend doing that instead of taking the chance there MIGHT be a upgrade bug.

Better yet, use the 1-1 version of the .exe file for games you are winning, and the 1-12 version for those you are losing...then hope for the bug! ;)

Speedbump

About compatability, I had opportunity to try out the beta 1.12 patch just prior to release, went back and forth between 1.1 and 1.12 pbem games with NO problems. It tweaks mechanics abit but not the basic function.

Games started in 1.1 then played awhile in 1.12 still continue to play in 1.1.

End of story.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

Originally posted by Mikeydz:

I can't even imagine that there is any compatibility problem when upgrading from 1.1 to 1.12.

Points values for combined arms Axis are still screwed...

Will an operation started in 1.1 be transferable to 1.2?.

It's not a major issue since CM is already at an advanced state with 1.1, but I would like to know.

------------------

Rugged Defense England Team Website:

http://combatmission.portland.co.uk

For all our AARs

------------------

"I drive over farmyard animals in my farmyard tractor, then I laugh afterwards."--CavScout [comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical]

As to the PBEM in progress on 1.1

It's not different than before. You save the game you have going. "ALT-S" Call it whatever you want.

Install 1.12

Open saved game in new version, select PBEM and off you go.

Been like this for all the patches.

Killing a target while driving is more difficult. smile.gif great

Spotting bunkers far away more difficult. smile.gif great

Hitting bunkers from great distance more difficult smile.gif great!

Here the turn a sherman 105 came racing down the road(my 75mm bunker is in hide) it turns his turret in the direction of the bunker .....one shot ,one kill. frown.gif

damn did I read something wrong or is this just a great unlucky roll of the cm dice

Thanks BTS!

Your product support is the best in the business- bar none. Because of this, and the outstanding game, Combat Mission has earned the coveted distinction of being the longest program to remain on my hard drive, save the operating system. Great work.

Put me down for one advanced order of CM2! Hell, CM3 and 4 for that matter. smile.gif

Von Fauster

[This message has been edited by Von Fauster (edited 02-09-2001).]

Originally posted by Phoenix:

As to the PBEM in progress on 1.1

It's not different than before. You save the game you have going. "ALT-S" Call it whatever you want.

Install 1.12

Open saved game in new version, select PBEM and off you go.

Been like this for all the patches.

That has not been necessary for the latest patches, including the beta patches. Just open the PBEM in the new version. It will complain if it can't open it, but it won't complain.

Originally posted by M. Bates:

Points values for combined arms Axis are still screwed...

Um, why do you think they included the 'unlimited' force type? Sheesh, if you get what you want, don't keep whining about it...

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super