What's new with the Forum???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't get on at all all day Friday. :( :mad:

Seems like you went down Thursday night too, but that far back, everything is a haze. :confused:

Looks like we got some new gadgets to play with though; that's nice. :D

Hope they got the clock set to the right time: it's been getting further and further ahead, last time I checked by about 12 minutes.

Michael

Yeah, the Forum has been down since Thursday evening and has only just come back up (officially) a couple hours ago. What a PITA!

Overall, the new version is better than the old one. Hopefully the server hogging problems will be reduced at the very least.

I'll see about resetting the clock. LINUX might be a powerfull server platform, but I guess it can't tell time very well ;)

Steve

It'll probably take a little while to get sued to the new look. smile.gif But one thing I already dislike is the forced auto-refresh of the main forums pages. This tag:

{META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"}

is on every page and does not allow you to simply hit the back button on the Netscape browser to return to the page you just left without reloading it (it doesn't seem to affect IE, BTW). If I need to refresh/reload a page, I can easily hit the appropriate button on my browser. The forum really doesn't need to do this for me. smile.gif Any chance you could nuke this "feature"? Thanks.

- Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfe:

It'll probably take a little while to get sued to the new look. smile.gif But one thing I already dislike is the forced auto-refresh of the main forums pages. This tag:

{META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"}

is on every page and does not allow you to simply hit the back button on the Netscape browser to return to the page you just left without reloading it (it doesn't seem to affect IE, BTW). If I need to refresh/reload a page, I can easily hit the appropriate button on my browser. The forum really doesn't need to do this for me. smile.gif Any chance you could nuke this "feature"? Thanks.

- Chris<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea smile.gif I was just about to post the same thing!

Ron

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

I'll see about resetting the clock. LINUX might be a powerfull server platform, but I guess it can't tell time very well ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't feel too bad about the clock, Steve. At least yours seems to gain time in a consistent manner. I have to set the clock on my computer every time I log on to the internet. Sometimes it's fast; sometimes it's slow; sometimes it's on time. Sometimes it's off by a little, sometimes by a lot. You'd think they would put a decent clock in a computer that's already going for nearly $3,000 wouldn't you? :confused:

Michael

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

the BAD

-------------

colors...nuff said

if a post has multiple page numbers then the page numbers are listed on the RIGHT --> rather than the LEFT <-- on top of the post where they normally are.

links are orange BUT NOT UNDERLINED...ugh

hopefully a few of these things will be corrected when the colors are fixed.

harder to tell when a post was edited because it sez so BEFORE your sig instead of after.

if u click edit on a post that isn't yours it won't let you see the post since you are not the guy who wrote it...this means you cant see the url of images in that post without using "view source" in your browser...annoying

to search for a post by someone handle you need to type in an id number, not the name...ugh

the GOOD

-------------------

can do ubb much more easily with the buttons on the bottom & smillies

sig automatically added: yay!

add a pic of yourself to profile

the EH, WHATEVER

font is one size smaller for some reason.

when u edit a profile, you have to click profile, then click edit profile...kinda annoying but no less than when u had to type in a password

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: russellmz ]

[ 04-08-2001: Message edited by: russellmz ]

I will have to third the request for some different background color this white is very hard on the eyes. I do a lot of reading of this board late at night with the lights out so as not to disturb my family and the bright ness is a killer.

Just thought of something, anyway to get a bar at the bottom of the posts like the one at the top: the one that has the links to which forum you want to go to. Ok so I am lazy and don't want to have to scroll all the way back to the top to click back to the forum. :D

[ 04-07-2001: Message edited by: Teutonicc ]