The PENG Challenge Thread Goes To The Dogs

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Croda:

Can anyone say "God Complex?"

God complex.

Now Croda, it may have passed your bug-like attention span by, but I actually do have a nice cushy job, well-paid, and I even can pretend to do something for the better of humanity. And I am more educated, beautiful and a generally better human being than you. Thinking about it, it must really suck to be you... Now go get that monkey to write a witty response...

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Germanboy:

I'm a gamey tactics using ninny who's so overly concerned with numbers and books that I don't grasp why Japanese-Germans (Or is it German-Japanese?) are inherently ugly people.

Hi, we're the monkey Croda gets to write all his material. About three years back we got fed up with the benifits and pay at Infinite Monkeys Amalgamated Press & Typewriter Shop, so we took this gig. To whit, here is the Crodian response:

You silly sot, we've seen actual pictures of you. You look like you haven't had sun since ol' Marge Thatcher was in office. You get angry about people commenting (In the Pool, no less!!) about your tactical decisions in combat and you now thump your chest like, gah, Lawyer. What do you expect, some kind of approval? Sure, we tolerate you, but only in the same way we tolerate the mangy dog that wets itself. In other words, we'd get rid of you but you'd just come back and we'd smell like urine afterward.

It's not that you're pompous and righteous, most people here are, it's that you're so damned sensitive. People like you go on killing sprees for no good reason, which is ostensibly ok because you're in Britland, so you can whack that lackwit David Aitken for us. Come to think of it, that's a worthy goal, continue to build yourself into a Fuhrer (That should help) and go after that Sco'ish-Welsh-Canuck mutt with a 9-iron.

Hey, why hasn't Lorak updated his site to indicate that Croda's our sponsor? It was Croda, wasn't it?

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Hamsters:

I am an embarassment to humanity and gerbil alike

Indeed.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Doh!

How many times does this have to be explained?!?! This should go in the FAQ:

The art of misquoting someone so as to have them make disparaging remarks about themselves is only funny if the misquoter plays it straight. eg They respond to the misqouted poster's original statement and not the misquoted statement itself. The former being comedy and the latter being just dumb.

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Hamsters:

How many times does this have to be explained?!?!

Dear Elijah,

please be assured that the day I take any advice from you either in your moronic incarnation as Hamsters, or in your foolish incarnation as Elijah, will be the day I give my computer up for charity and become a missionary.

Now go and play Crodaburg with Coda, you two may just have fun doing it. Alternatively, you could try and learn arithmetic together to better your collective lot.

Hope you have a lovely day. No really I do.

Regards,

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

The art of misquoting someone so as to have them make disparaging remarks about themselves is only funny if the misquoter plays it straight.
Bah! You call THAT an ART? It's an ART if you quote accurately and then turn their own words on them. MAKING UP quotes is not an art, it was tired and boring when first used and it hasn't improved with age. Or, as Germanboy himself once said:
I can't think of a single individual in the Pool ... or indeed an idividual who plays CM ... who is more witty and clever and just downright fun than Joe Shaw. I think we should all emulate him as closely as possible.
There you have it, right from the horse's mouth ... well, one end of the horse anyway.

Joe

------------------

I HAVE LOST A BLOOD HAMSTER TO PETERNZ. MY SIG FILE IS

HIS. PLEASE TICKLE MY FANCY BY GOING TO DER KESSEL .IF

YOU GO HE MIGHT STOP BEATING ME AND USING MY POOR

INNOCENT BODY FOR HIS OWN DEVIOUS PLEASURES

[sNIP], will be the day I give my computer up for charity and become a missionary.

GACK!

And that, my dear friend Gerbilboy, is also when primitives around the world will be better off banging two rocks together to make fire for the ritual sacrifice to their pagan sheep god, than listening to your incessant babblings.

Jeff

------------------

Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

[This message has been edited by jshandorf (edited 03-26-2001).]

You can argue all you like guys, but...Ziiiiipppppppppp....*PLONK* ...mines far bigger than yours!
Quite right you are mate, I've rarely seen a cucumber that large and green. Why do you keep it there though? You've got to keep vegetables refrigerated if they're to be fresh.

Joe

------------------

Ahh, another week in the cess....

Tome update:

Lawyer-win

Iskander-loss

Meeks-win

David-loss

OGSF-win

Mace-loss

Goanna-win

JD-loss

Speedy-win

OGSF-loss

Meeks-win

JD-loss

Pawbroon-draw

JD-draw.

In other interesting news...

I installed my new drive this morning so I should get turns/setups out to all those I owe them too. I also downloaded the software to place CM on my harddrive. So no more of that damned disk swaping or no drive=no CM bullcrap.

I'll now return you back to your pitiful little lives.

The Lorak has retuned and hell follows...

Lorak the loathed

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

Here, now, I want the two southern boys to stop picking on Andreas and go sit in the corner! (Oh, sure, only Elijah's a true southern boy, anyone can tell that from the name: 'Elijah Meeks' just screams unrepentant southern lunatic. But Croda's from Pennsylvania, and I once heard someone describe that state as follows: "Between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia it's Alabama").

And I have played many of the Peng Challenge Thread inhabitants, and in order to set the record straight and as a public service, below I publish a list of those I found using gamey tactics:

There, that should pretty much resolve the issue. I have another list, very slightly larger, titled "Useless Cretins That Have Beaten Me While Displaying Questionable Intelligence and Unremitting Luck".

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

Also:

Shandorf and DekeFentle:

It is my belief that we are meeting at Kieran's tomorrow evening, correct? I have this creeping feeling that I may not have sent emails to you two acknowledging my readiness to be there. I will from home tonight, but I post here as a backup. However, as I work far west until roughly 5 or so, I probably won't be able to hit downtown until @5:30. Will be in further touch.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

Hamsters you dolt!

Squires do not come with a return policy, extended warranty, or scotch guard.

You can not just return him. I run a squire bartering service, not a pawn shop.

He is yours! Beat him, drown him, rent him out to grogs for thier evening pleasure, but I will not take him back.

As for gamey players... I have a list. You see being the Lorak and thus unbeatable by normal means.. If I lose a game it muct be because the other is gamey.

So Gamey people or those I've lost too.

(best I can remember)

JuJu

Nuetral party

Berli

OGSF

Moriarty

Seanachai

Meeks

That is the best my memory will allow right now. If anyone else remembers being gamey and beating me, just refresh my memory.

Lorak the loathed

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

Andreas, Andreas, Andreas....

Tut tut, such genuine anger in the pool, this will never do.

If you would take the time to read my profile you would see that a hobby of mine is to take "bugger all serious". In light of this it does not take a Nobel prize winner to deduce that my accusations of your 'gameyness' were in fact jokes *Gasp!*.

For you I will turn the serious mode "on".

I am well aware of the spotting incapabilities of fast moving vehicles and I do wonder at the reasoning of someone who will race four (essentially blind) vehicles through an enemy held town. Of course its not gamey, its just stupid.

On the second matter of your turn being spoiled, well, I saw the predicament your A/C was in, I returned the file with a "giggle, I can't wait to tell the 'pool this one" message, you then returned the move with some drivel about not finding the gearshift to whit I assumed you'd seen the movie and declined to comment on it. I could apologise but this is the cesspool after all.

S**t happens, deal with it.

If you are that inclined to take your bat and ball and go home then so be it, I'm here to have fun, believe it or not.

However bear in mind that brother Berli went to the trouble of concocting this lovely little map for us, are you that rude as to throw that back at him? On the subject of rudeness, you now hold the dubious honour of being the only opponent in almost a year of CMing to return a file with not even a "hello" or a "get stuffed", either of which would be preferable to silence.

In the matter of your 'education' I feel that you should know that I hold two Bachelor degrees, an Associate diploma and am currently studying for my Master's Degree. The letters I could put after my name would cause you to have to page over twice!

Unlike yourself Andy old buddy, I have a fairly happy outlook on life, I wake up every day with the sun shining, the birds singing and my lovely wife beside me. You on the other hand, wake up under a permanent black cloud which follows you around all day.

I actually took Mensch's word that you were an OK guy to play, boy, you sure have him suckered don't you.

*Serious mode off*

Hows about a virtual group hug and male bonding session?

I extend to you the Hamster of freindship, will you take it? *bats eyelids*

Originally posted by mensch:

ok, aside from the normal Boot Lickers here in the thread.. anyone ever bother to read OFSFABDSDEF45Z or what ever alphabet he chooses for his god damn fecking name? I mean he spells worse then me!! ...snarkle, poot, scratch, snuffle.....hes a twit.. moron peck and a sea cucumber all mixed into one.. with traces of Hillbilly and Coon!

As thas a taunt? A challenge? Or are ye ainly rattlin' yer cage?

An' who are ye talkin' tae exactly? Anyone? Everyone? Yer festerin' gob-slobberin' sailf?

Ah feel a wee bit sullied, as though a short, stumpy thing wi' filthy shaggy fur an' one black peering eye ha' caim shufflin' up oot o' a ditch, paused tae mak a wee gruntin' noise, then pee'd ain mah general vicinity.

Af'n at's a game ye want, send mae a setup, ye golly eyed spitoon washer. As fer readin' an' spellin'.....

Go gcreime na gráinneoga cealgrúnacha do thóin bheagmhaitheasach.

Sir MacOberGrupenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCD

Guest *Captain Foobar*

You people need to shut your freakin pie-holes. I dont expect sympathy for me and my dear Robobrat, but I do expect you to stop making noise.

This squire challenge IS in fact the longest lasting in the history of Mutha Beautiful. And it is brutal and boring at the same time. I would taunt Roborat, but in this scenario void of all that is pure and sacred, all we have to hold onto is each other.

ViewPhoto?u=1475386&a=11107001&p=44907477&f=0

Take a peek at this ****e:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1475386&a=11107001&p=44907477&f=0

[This message has been edited by *Captain Foobar* (edited 03-26-2001).]

Capt. Foobar {sigh} ... you did it again ... let me clue you in since Berli obviously didn't go over this in his {snicker} class. When you post excessively long strings it causes the ENTIRE page to conform to that length. THUS ... I have to page right ... I and others on this thread find this annoying. You can cease your annoying behavior by the simple expedient of editing your post so that the string is NOT excessive OR you can die immediately ... either way works for us.

Joe

------------------

Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Take a peek at this ****e:

*ROTFLMFAO*!!!

Tha' as beautiful! You poor bastarrds!!

Ah say Knight them widnae further delay....*tha'* as a Joust!

*wipes tears away*

Sir MacOberGrupenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCD

Well...

Due to lack of activity here at work I am forced to post some more rambleings.

A bored Lorak is a dangerous Lorak...

CUCHULLAIN

"Those days when Conor MacNessa sat on the throne of Ulster were brilliant days in Ireland’s history. Then was the sun of glory in the zenith of Eire’s Heroic period - the period of chivalry, chiefly created by the famous Royal or Red Branch Knights of Emania. Though, two other famous bands of Irish warriors gave added lustre to the period- the Gamanraide of the West (who were the Firbolgs) and the Clanna Deaghaid of Mulster led by Curoi MacDaire. All three warrior bands had their poets and the seanachies, who chanted their deeds in imperishable song and story which, down the dim ages, have since held spell bound the clan of the Gael. But the greatest, the most belauded, and the most dazzling of all the heroes of the heroic age was undoubtedly Cuchullain, of whose life and wondrous deeds, real and imaginary, hundreds of stories still exist.

CUCHULLAIN was a foster son of King Conor. "I am little Setanta, son to Sualtim, and Dectaire your sister" he told the questioning King, when, as a boy, in whose breast the fame of the Red Branch warriors had awaked the thirst for glory, he came up to the court of Emania. When he arrived there and the youths in training were playing caman upon the green. Having taken with him from home, his red bronze hurl and his silver ball, the little stranger, going in among them, so outplayed all the others, that the attention of the court was drawn to him. And it was then that the little stranger gave the above reply to the question of the admiring king. The eager attention of the warriors of the Red Branch was drawn to the lad and they foresaw great things for him, when they heard him express himself nobly and wonderfully, on the day that, in Emania, in the Hall of Heroes, he took arms. He stood before the Druids in the Hall of Heroes and exclaimed "I care not whether I die tomorrow or next year, if only my deeds live after me". The greatest, most exciting portion of this hero’s stories is the account of his fight with his friend, Ferdiad, at the ford, where , single handed, he is holding at bay the forces of Connaught. Ferdiad is the great Connaught champion, chief, of the Connaught knights of the Sword, the Fir Domniann and a dear friend and comrade of CUCHULLAIN, since, in their youth, they were training for the profession of arms. And it is now sore for CUCHULLAIN to fight the soul friend whom the Connaught host has pitted against them. He would dissuade Ferdiad from fighting, by reminding him of their comradeship, when they were together learning the art of war from the female champion, Scathach, in Alba.

"We were heart companions,

We were companions in the woods,

We were fellows of the same bed,

Where we used to sleep the balmy sleep.

After mortal battles abroad,

In countries many and far distant,

Together we used to practice, and go

Through each forest, learning with Scathach".

But Ferdiad had not the tenderness of CUCHULLAIN, and would not let fond memories turn him from his purpose. Indeed lest he might yield to the weakness of temptation, he forced himself to answer Cuchullain’s tenderness with taunts, so as to provoke the Compat. An fight they finally did. They fought for four days. On the fourth day, CUCHULLAIN rallies to the fight more fiercely, more terribly, more overpoweringly than ever, and at length gives to his friend, Ferdiad, the coup de grace. CUCHULLAIN laid Ferdiad down then, and a trance, and a faint, and a weakness fell on CUCHULLAIN over Ferdiad there.

CUCHULLAIN died as a hero should - on a battlefield, with his back to a rock and his face to the foe, buckler on arm, and spear in hand. He died standing, and in that defiant attitude (supported by the rock) was many days dead ere the enemy dared venture near enough to reassure themselves of his exit - which they only did when they saw the vultures alight upon him, and undisturbed, peck at his flesh."

LORAK died as a bore should - on a desk, with his hands on a keyboard and his face to the floor, drool on the desktop, and mouth wide open. He died sitting, and in that same

attitude (supported by the chair) was many days dead ere the office staff would remember he was there and venture near enough to reassure themselves that the air conditioning wasn't acting up again - which they only did when they saw the memos alight upon him, and undisturbed, cover his flesh."

We should BE so lucky.

Joe

------------------

LMAO Joe!

You'll never get that lucky. They don't mind usless bodies lying around here at work, but they do require them to at least be warm. They would noticed I was dead when I didn't take my on the dot smoke break.

I am happy that you find my little teachings so enlightning.

What Joe?

Oh, that would be no problem at all. How about the Irish kingdom of scotland?

Wonderful! This one is for you Joe.

The Irish Kingdom of Scotland

The terms Scotia and Scot were first applied to Ireland and Irishmen, but later came to be applied to Irelands northeastern neighbour, Alba and its inhabitants.

Our most ancient poets and seanachies claim that an early name for Eirinn, Scotia, was derived from Scota, queen-mother of the Milesians. The poet Egesippus tells how "Scotia which links itself to no land, trembles at their name" - the term Scotia is, by Continental writers, applied to Ireland more often than any other name. And Scot is the term by these writers most constantly applied to a native of Eirinn. Orosius, the third century geographer, uses "Hibernia the nation of the Scoti". An Irish exile on the continent, the celebrated Marianus Scotus referred to his countrymen as Scots.

The modern name of Ireland seems to have originated with the Northmen, in about the seventh century - being probably formed from Eire, they called it Ir or Ire, and after that the English called it Ireland, and its natives Irish. For several centuries longer, however, these terms were not adopted by Continental writers, who still continued to speak of Scotia and the Scot, and designated the Irish scholars on the Continent by the term Scotus. The new name Ireland was on the Continent, first used only in the eleventh century (by Adam De Breme).

To Alba (the present Scotland) was transferred the term Scotia, and to its people the term Scot, because the Scoti of Hibernia, having again and again colonised there, built in it a strong kingdom, which gave the Scotic (Irish) people dominance there, and soon made the Scotic kings the kings of the whole country.

The Picts naturally jealous of these usurpers on their soil, continued exerting the utmost pressure upon them, in the hope of crushing them out, till Niall of the Nine Hostages, going to their assistance with an army, overcame and drove back the Picts, establishing the Scotic kingdom in Alba on a solid foundation, and, it is said, got the submission of the Picts and the tribute of all Alba. Now that the Scotic people got complete dominance over all or the main part of the country, it began to be called Scotia - at first Scotia Minor, in contradistinction to Eire, which was called Scotia Major - but gradually the title Scotia fell away from Eire, and solely came to signify Alba.

In the eleventh century a number of leading English families who fled or were driven from the south, flocked into southeastern Scotland and came into favour at court. When, at the end of the eleventh century, Malcolm’s son, Edgar, English both by name and nature, was crowned king - the Gaelicism of royalty and of the court waned more rapidly, till in the thirteenth century it went out altogether; and the last of the Irish royal line became extinct with Alexander the Third, who died without heir in 1287.

So, though the greater portion of the country was, and still is, Gaelic - with Gaelic manners, customs, dress and language, still holding in the Highlands and the Islands - the end of the thirteenth century saw the end of the Scotic (Irish) rule in Alba.

I do hope you enjoy it. Although I'm really surprised that you can read.

Lorak the loathed

------------------

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=