Sorry Madmatt, I just gotta share this!

Well, gentlemen and ladies, get my rocking chair ready! I received word tonight that my Grandaughter Amber just had her first baby. That means now I am a Great-Grandfather twice over, with two beautiful Grandsons, Jeremy (1 year old) and Brandon (2 days old).

Madmatt will cremate me alive for this, but you only live once and I got less time than he does, all things considered :eek:

Let's see, six kids, 13 grandkids and now ...unbelievable!

Wow, that is hard to believe. Its going to seriously hurt my flirting tongue.gif when I confess I am a Great Grandfather!

I'm old, Gaming buddies! Old! (But you'd never know it if you were around me ;) ). I'm fighting it till its over...burn out, not rust out...that is my motto!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congradulations Wild Bill!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Seanachai:

I hope to see you carry on like Methuselah until your great-great grandchildren are posting in the Peng Challenge Thread<hr></blockquote>

Jesus, Seanachai! Do you want to give the man a heart attack?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

Let's see, six kids, 13 grandkids and now ...unbelievable!

<hr></blockquote>

Does that mean you mortgage the house once a year to pay for Christmas?

Mace

PS congrats! :D

Thank you gentlemen. It is a wonderful experience. I hope you can all enjoy it one day. It is rather sobering too. Time is passing and so are we. And new life replenishes the earth as we turn to dust, or at least our bodies do.

I never realized so many burned the midnight oil as I do. Nice to know i have good company!

Wild Bill

Isn't 6 kids and 13 Grandkids a wee bit gamey?

Err, what is the Historical TOE of the Wilders?!

Of course I'll have to say congrats like the others but you hadn't done anything at all.

Face it Old Lunatic! Your grandkids did all the hard work...

Now of course I'm sentimal like most of my fellow buggers, so I'll go along and say:

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH Xmas must cost a lifelong of savings!!!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PawBroon:

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH Xmas must cost a lifelong of savings!!!<hr></blockquote>

Congrats there Wild Bill (now I know why they call you wild).

Hey he's got another one to get a copy of CMBO to and next year it will be CMBB for the grandkids for xmas.

Well, Wild Bill, I'll add my congratulations, and also my amazement at the size of the Wilder brood.

Though guys, who when reading the subject of the post thought Wild Bill was going to share something in CMBB that he found so exciting he couldn't keep it to himself any more, no matter what Madmatt would do to him afterwards.

I'll add my voice to the chorus.

Also, I'm completely amazed that you could be as old as I think you are. My grandparents are in their low 80s and have a couple of great-grandchildren (from one of my cousins)

I mean this sincerely, not as a knock or anything. It's good to see that something (esp. a computer game) can include such a broad cross section of people.

I hope you continue to crank out scenarios (and demolish an upstart PBEM opponent from time-to-time) for many more years, and that the recent addition only adds to your enjoyment of life.

And if you have taken offense at any part of this, you can make retribution via PBEM (my email's in the profile) and, after I've admitted defeat, I'll post (in the General Forum) that I was beaten by somebody who's old enough to be my grandfather.

DjB

Best wishes, Wild Bill. In a few years you'll be showing your great-grandchild what all you've posted on the 'net to support the historical gaming community. (That child will need a few days to absorb all of it, though. ;) )

BTW, as a blast from the past: I don't know if your earlier Gamers' Net article on the Battle of Chosin is hosted anywhere else now on the 'net, but when Gyrene expressed a desire to see added info, it turned out that I had saved a copy of your article on my hard drive over the years. He got it by e-mail, and I'm sure he'll appreciate the level of detail you've provided.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Juha Ahoniemi:

REINFORCEMENTS HAVE ARRIVED :D

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Juha Ahoniemi ]<hr></blockquote>

I can't say it better than Juha....and I'm still waiting for reinforcements in one of my PBEMs with him (in a WBW scenario), long after my defeat has been recorded.

Wild Bill, you're the master of reinforcement timing, and here's another example. Many more.