A Thousand Points of Peng, A Kindler, More Gentler Cess

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chrisl,

Ok, so your a geek. Granted I really didn't think anyone here would know of the Masquarade from the RPG, or the live action troops in most towns. Hell I knew know of you could read, so that throws out all of the books too. (they are very good I might add).

But I did figure that you guys might be geeky enough to have bought the computer RPG that came out last year.

Lorak (btw, I was a Gangrel also)

Originally posted by Lorak:

But I did figure that you guys might be geeky enough to have bought the computer RPG that came out last year.

CM is the first computer game that I've played in years (I think the first that I've played more than once or twice that wasn't on an apple ][). I was looking for a squad leader substitute, and found CM.

Ah've just been oot on tha main board, an' at's a barren wilderness, Ah'll tell ye. Some more thraids ha' bin locked up tighter than a vicars daughter....mind yoo they wah stupid, but at disturbs me a wee bit tha' innocent stupidity is grounds fer lockin'. Af'n tha thread as crap, at'll die a natural death. Ah really dinnae like censorship....providin' certain standards o' civility an' language are maintained, Ah'd prefer tae see thangs run their course.

But at's nae mah board as at? All Ah kin do as decide tae keep showin' up or no'.

SirMacOberGruppenStompinFuhrer

------------------

You posture more than Marcia Brady with books on her head and you chatter like a dolphin near the fish bucket. - Dalem

Originally posted by Kitty:

This is what is says a Gangrel is on that site, Lorak. =(

"Of all poolers, the Gangrel are perhaps closest to the pool itself. These oafish losers spurn the constraints of hair, preferring the comfort of baldness. How they avoid the wrath of the Steve is unknown; perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the Gangrel are themselves weightlifters. When a mortal speaks of a vampire changing into the Iron Chef or a bot, she is probably speaking of a Gangrel. Like the Brujah, Gangrel are fierce moderators; unlike the Brujah, Gangrel moderation does not stem from anarchic rage, but from animalistic instinct. Gangrel have a keen understanding of the pool in their souls, and prefer to spend their nights bouncing drunks from night clubs than with the poolers whom they so emulate."

Kitty

ROFL! Simply outstanding!

Pretty funny really. I get called a geek for bringing it up as a short snippet. But behold,

Berli knows of it.

PeterNZ knows of it.

Chrisl knows of it.

Seems there are a lot of geeks on this board.

RPGs take up much less space than Minatures, and I can't stand board games (those little squares of cardboard will never be anything but little squares of cardboard to me)

Originally posted by dalem:

So I talk to my friends about CM, sing its praises...

I weep for us all.

As well you should, you earless hound. The concept has come up, again and again, and I've restrained meself from posting the truth, but there it is: A Dalem is an earless dog of the hound class. They bark loudly for no apparent reason, but are quick to recognize danger. Pity they don't know what to do about it. They often, for this reason, end up on the menu in pressed-for-funds Asian restaurants.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

I was kinda thinking you look a bit more like Rasputin, myself.

Kitty

One of Berli's evil minions

Ps - Rasputin was evil, you know =)

No, never. There are posted pictures of Rasputin, and he's clearly a shaggy, glittery eyed madman. His evil begins and ends with his madness, and being driven and clever with it. Berli does not look like that. He looks evil, he looks erudite, he looks like someone who would have people put to death for doing his eggs wrong, but he does not look insane. Rasputin looks and was, insane. Rasputin? A sideshow amusement that would only over-awe church suppressed Russians. Berli? Priceless.

Oh, and his own good wife looks the sort that would take on marriage to a demon, and explain to all: he's really quite a dear. No, the very soul of charity. You just haven't seen him at his best. He's a charmer, really. ROIGHT, THEN, HUSBAND, KNOCK THAT ****E OFF AND BE POLITE TO COMPANY! See, what a charming little master of devils he is, eh? Who's for a charming game of charades, then?

------------------

Originally posted by Seanachai:

he looks like someone who would have people put to death for doing his eggs wrong?

You mean like if someone kicked him in the nuts? Well I'd HOPE he'd have someone killed for that . . . no, wait a minute. Since when do Marines delegate their killing to others? He'd do it himself.

Rasputin really sucked you in w/his insanity act, huh? ;)

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The True Blue Aussie Slang Source

The Unofficial Vic Bitter Website

Rasputin really sucked you in w/his insanity act, huh? wink.gif

Kitty

I'm a sucker for insanity. And Kitty — may I call you Kitty? I hope the fact that I am a horrible little man will not prejudice you against me for eternity. wink.gif

------------------

Hey, Lorak.

If that is Mark IV's girlfriend in the picture with him, then pray tell who is that lovely lady on the left?

OKAY! Another point of note. Mark me down for another win.

Herr Oberst - LOSS

ME - WIN

Twas only a minor victory but then again he was only a minor opponent.

Oh and Chup... After seeing your picture your mom told me to tell you to stand up straight and comb your hair. I'd listen to her man. Mom's know these things.

Oh and i sent my picture in. Just to give you a frame of reference the picture was taken during a New Year's party and I was piss drunk.

One more thing... Babra, how's that civil war re-enactment gig working out for ya?

Jeff

------------------

[This message has been edited by Shandorf (edited 01-25-2001).]

The following is a public service announcement to remind all of you that PG taunting and lameass Vampire (Bad RPG, terrible movie, awful TV series, rotten books and stupid, ugly kids running around pretending to be hemophiliacs) references are for women and cripples.

-----

LBYOUNG.JPG

-----

Oberst, you sorry excuse for a scurvy-riddled, lilly-livered, squint-eyed, pre-pubescent, half-pint, proto-homonid! You dare challenge Croda The Great! Croda The Mighty! Croda The Magnificent! Croda The Loquacious! Croda The Effervescent! I will not only send you the most vile and tormentuous setup ever seen by human civilization, but I will use said setup to denounce, destroy, and otherwise defile and de-kidney you! You have only a few hours to repent...once the sacred setup is sent, there is no quarter given!

-----

Peng: "Oh, I know all about that. Personal communication with the Lizard King himself! Yup, seems our boy ELVIS, THE CLOTH-EARED, NARCOTIC MUNCHING, MONKEYSPANKING, BOOGEREATING, SISTERBANGING RETARD DIDN'T INCLUDE GOANNA'S TROOPS WHEN HE DID THE TOURNAMENT SAVE!!! HOWS THAT FOR IDIOCY!"

-----

Well it's alright for some peop...floaters isn't it? Do this! Do that! What no blood yet? I've got a gaggle of flat-footed, obese 86 year old home guard hamsters who couldn't run up a tab at the local pub let alone charge across a map the size of Whitney's mouth. Hiram ben Bum Sidai can't even find the bloody village. Meanwhile, back in the bordering bog I have myopic Arty Spotters peering into the gloom wondering where in heaven's name the 240 150mm rockets are gonna land, if the "estimated time to arrival" will ever stop increasing instead of decreasing with each turn. So then, Snatchy the Whinger, is your sound tactical advice to herd my rabble of flatulant Wal-mart Greeters into the village just in time for the rocket barrage to splatter down upon and around them? I suppose I should make sure I tow the clapped out training tanks up there at the same time?

-----

Hey Germanboy, who pissed in your corn flakes, eh? And why, pray tell, do you insist on a seperate post for every rambling thought in your head? I get a bowl of cereal and say, "Oh look, more posts!" But what are they? A bunch of Germanboy crap thrown all over the Cesspool. Every now and again someone else gets a peep in but mostly it's just Germanboy, extolling the virtues of this marital aid over another or Germanboy telling us just exactly how to use that anal prophalactive or Germanboy telling some poor schmuck that he's not worh Germanboys time (But hey, it's an excuse for another post). I know now how you got 1700+ posts to your credit. Oh and Croda, at least you return turns, Seanachai is losing so bad he refuses to continue the game, hoping that BTS, with their emphasis on realism, has modeled morale effects on troops so bored that they up and walk out of the game.

-----

In the meantime you can pull your foreskin over your head and whistle "White Cliffs of Dover" down the hole.

-----

I am going out tonight with a young woman (but sadly, will be home later, alone...

I do not believe that anyone here would find this surprising... well maybe the whole 'young woman' part, but the rest seems to fit.

-----

It really surprises me that I even remembered you exist.

-----

But Croda does need a sponsor. What sort of sick bastard would take that mewling man-child is beyond me, though.

-----

As for my temporary dissapearance, just let me ask this: What kind of bloody charge is 'Attempted Vehicular Manslaughter'? I mean, either you run the swine over and you get a nice, credited kill of 'Vehicular Manslaughter', or you miss, and that's easily dismissed and belittled as sheer clumsiness and inability to aim properly. But 'Attempted Vehicular Manslaughter'?

-----

What kind of bloody charge is 'Attempted Vehicular Manslaughter'?

Isn't modeled, and sounds gamey. Run that past the judge.

-----

------------------

"The hands of the Clock of Doom have moved again. Only a few more swings of the pendulum, and, from Moscow to Chicago, atomic explosions will strike midnight for Western civilization."

-Eugene Rabinowitch

[This message has been edited by Elijah Meeks (edited 01-25-2001).]

Originally posted by David Aitken:

I classic frieng from our resident German... uh, Canadian... or whatever he is:

I just wrote "frieng" instead of "thread". How bizarre.

I want to know if I win before I play!

PS. I classic?? What in god's name have I been smoking?? Okay, try again...

A classic thread from our resident German... uh, Canadian...

Didn't we just do this?

Well yes!

Then why didn't you say so?!

I thought it was a continental version!

[This message has been edited by David Aitken (edited 01-24-2001).]

plus my other comment from the thread

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/015426.html

note steves closing comment

"Hehe... cute thread, I do agree, but I suppose it is time to lock this one up. Mensch, you get bonus points

Steve "

you all suck he likes ME!

... Afterwords the Templars (who had actualy started the "banking" process, by loaning money to other lords and kings), setteled down unknown in Sweeden. There, they took thier riches and founded the great banking kingdom. The only thing they really changed was thier red cross on a white standard, to a white cross on a red standard.....

WHAT, are you saying that the Swiss invaded and conquered Sweden? When did that happen? Was it on CNN?

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

I have nothing else to say. Ya, quote that you rat bastards.

-Meeks

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by jd:

All right , that it. I have had it. You mongoloid, inbred product of Arkansas lovin, you pasty faced, spittle flecked guano imbibing, two timin mother of a New Zealand sheep shaggger ie GAZ_NZ) and a crodafied idjit. (sorry, didn't mean to demean anyone with Down's syndrome by equating them with you)...... I have silently abided with the various comments regarding my photo, most of which imply that I will suck your soul and leave your dull lifeless carcass to blow about as tumbleweed (which I find entirely accurate and flattering), but sir, and I loose the term as loose as it can be, like a crack junkies pants in a 2 bit dive, that cannot stay up, You have gone too far.

I take solace in and cultivate a predatory presence, but to liken my mien to a *** shudder *** real estate agent has crossed the line. You once tried to suck me into a ASL based farce, well my dear Verbotenboy, I demand satisfaction for this ultimate insult. Voracious, soulless and without pity, I may be, but never would I sink to that. You may expect a setup shortly you toad, (Again I mean no disrespect to our amphibian challenged friends)

Look jd, there is no need to get upset. I was being kind. My flatmate on the other hand said you looked like a politician...

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Blahblahblah - lots of swearwords and the unmitigated anger of the spurned, sadly not a bit of wit.

There goes the neighbourhood.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

These pictures cannot be real.

Babra looks like the guy who played General Garnet in Gettysburg. What a good Suth'un Gen'ral.

Mensch is missing his straight-jacket.

PawBroon's face isn't randomly bolded (He does look a tad like Tim Robbing after an eating binge, however).

The picture of Hiram and the "I have dragon tattoos" Hiram don't seem to mesh, do they?

dalem certainly has that "Croda took my dog's ears" look on his face.

As for the 4 Brits who aren't even really Brits (who's that Mattias guy, anyway?) they look like they belong together, like they grew up eating bread pudding and fish n' chips and riding in the upstairs part of the bus.

It's an absolute shame that I haven't any digital pics of myself, nor access to a scanner. It appears you'll just have to content yourselves with laughing at my prose, and not my pose, HA!

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai

Croda, you rock! - Meeks

Originally posted by Speedy:

WHAT, are you saying that the Swiss invaded and conquered Sweden? When did that happen? Was it on CNN?

Are you saying that Switzerland and Sweden is not the same country? Not even to a Kalifornian? I gotta read more euro history written by americans, far more interesting than those dull facts they teach over here.

Game updates:

I'm upset. My puter does something terrible to the pbem files it generates. I'm so upset that I will post on the outer forum about it. Or even do a search.

Sheepshagger: Has the memory capacity of a ladybug. One more time: I am unable to upgrade our game to 1.1. Now tell me what part of that you can't understand.

Germanboy: This one is great fun. His troops are dying from 9mm and 6.5mm rounds. Mine are dying from 75mm to 105mm. He doesn't have a chance.

Hakko Peru: Really believes he's winning.

He isn't. In spite of the fact that whoever "upgraded" Fertile Ground thought that "all German crews were really really good" (His tank crews are Elite and Crack), "Germans generally had more artillery. In fact they had bucketloads", is yet another theory used. The final one is "Hey, that vanilla Sherman is a pretty good tank, you know? About as effective as the MkIVH". Sure, as long as it remains hidden from anything carrying a gun.

Moriarty: Is already desperately trying to lose in our Historically Accurate depiction of The Battle for ****sville. He will, as he is wont of doing, succeed.

Now gently sod off pwetty please with valium on top,

Johan