A Thousand Points of Peng, A Kindler, More Gentler Cess

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catamites (sit down, Bauhaus).

I remember this word from one of the first pages of the Old Peng Thread, long before the great Peng Diasporas, P2K or even P1K. I remember when MarkIV used to obsessively compile statistics on how often people posted to The Thread (or was it GITom? You all look alike to me) just as Seanachai used to obsessively fill screen after screen with sing-songs and prolix blather (including his early mention of "catamites," but we'll come back to that). I remember when Hiram first yapped his cheerful puppy-dog postings and kept coming back, no matter how many times Poolers posted rolled-up newspapers onto his nose. I remember the Great Schism, the Pool Down Unda, and the bizarre evolution of structure in what is, after all, just a big sewage tank (albeit now a sewage tank

with lace curtains).

I have lurked around the 'Pool since before it was a Pool, back when it was just a smelly patch of mud, back before it was even Mutha Beautiful. I have lurked until my hair has gone white from the fumes, my heart gone cold from the hate, and my stomach gone all funny from SMOGBSFB's haggis. I watched as Seanachai's subterranean comedies of manners gave way to Croda's "McHale's Heart of Darkness," as Schloss Peng transformed from a dreary Gothic manse (in which any mad scientist would feel at home) into a cheery suburban ranch-style tract house with a cute-kitten-emblazoned welcome mat (in which most mad scientists would still feel at home due to the unwholesome forces not-quite-concealed within).

I watched as Hiram, sweet, innocent Hiram, became squire to Seanachai (I said we'd come back to "catamites") and grew embittered, morose, even angry. I remember when Peng had venom enough for daily sprayings into the eyes of passers-by, when Meeks had froth and spittle enough to provide fully half the 'Pool's effluent requirements.

Has anything really changed in all that time? Some of the names, some of the people, some of the language.... But important constants remain: you are all deranged fools, barely worthy of contempt and almost (but not entirely) lacking enough mental dexterity to groom each other's metaphorical lice (but with a surfeit of hunger to consume said treasure, once gleaned).

But there is one exception: Chupacabra. You, sir, are a gibbering lack-wit. You are a cowardly villain so lacking in manly vigor that you fled to the land of "by-your-leave-sir" and "make-my-pint-extra-room-temperature-guv'nor," instead of staying here in 'Merica, where, as the poet Homer proclaimed, "[we] like [our] beer cold, [our] TV loud, and [our] homosexuals FLAMING!" (Granted, the UK is a land whose native cuisine--flavorless, greasy and uninspired--matches the character of your postings... but I digress.) Your paucity of personal courage is rivalled only by your tactical ineptitude. Indeed, even your uncertain lineage and dubious hygienic practices are not as disturbing as your pusillinamity and inability to command.

You may have extended a hollow challenge to "come get some" lo these many Peng Thread Incarnations ago (and a hollow challenge, indeed, from one who has likely never gotten any), but now it is time to face annihilation.

I challenge you, Chupacabra. You may suck goats, but soon you will be my [female dog]. I will not describe detailed indignities to be visited upon your defeated forces; I only promise their destruction. When we meet upon the field of battle, I will kill and kill until it's only about killing anymore and not about having fun. Send me a setup (prefer <1500pt) or you may warm yourself where fire is cheapest.

Agua Perdido

(Croda: You tasteless git. Good call on "The Searchers." JW's portrayal of a man driven by obsessive hate is both brilliant and utterly fitting to the 'Pool; it is undoubtedly his (and John Ford's) best work. Another great JW flick is his first: "Stagecoach," a good look at his instinctive acting chops and natural charisma.)

[Edited to remove pesky flecks of spittle.]

[This message has been edited by Agua Perdido (edited 01-24-2001).]

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Agua Perdido:

Blablabla[This message has been edited by Agua Perdido (edited 01-24-2001).]

Would not be fun if we were not playing to the gallery, eh?

I quite like the B&W Cavalry westerns with the Duke. Angry, cynical, young. Good stuff.

Where exactly did you lose your water?

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

A.P., I find myself in rare agreement for the most part, Goatsucker is indeed a pusillanimous fool and Senility is ... well, Senility. Your abilities as a movie reviewer are to be ignored, of course, everyone knows that "SWAYR" was the ultimate John Wayne performance and I'll brook no opposition on the subject so that's that.

I do have concern, however, that a Junior Member (longtime lurker or no) should suddenly appear with relatively lucid statements and a surfeit of bile delivered relatively well. In short, I think you're an imposter and demand that you prove that you're not! Let's see you meet that challenge.

Joe

SCORE!!!

Although I didn't find the Peng picture I was looking for I sent another that is very close. AND I found the negative of the pic I was looking for.

This is a classic picture that I debating putting on the board as soon as I get it. I don't know if I can wait for Lorak to put it on his site.....Ok...I'll wait.

And as a side note...Knowing Peng as well as I do I am sure he will be proud to have this picture as the image you all have in you minds when you read his posts.....hell it probably IS the image you all have in your little minds.

------------------

What do we do with a terrible liar? Well, Great liars we send into the clergy.

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

and guns, and the bad liars, well, we make them heroin whores. So what the hell

do we do with the Terrible Liars? Well, it seems we turn them into physicists

called "chrisl." Peng

Cool, I can't wait to see Peng in all his splendor, I have this preconceived vision of what he might look like so it would be nice to see if I am right, also looking forward to seeing pics of, Seanachai,Croda, Hakko, Joe Shaw, Moriarty, Jshandorf, and of course you Elvis, I think I've already had the pleasure of seeing pics of the rest of the poolers I've not mentioned, correct me if i'm wrong biggrin.gif Ohhhhhhhhh and a pic of Matt, steve and Kwazy pleaseeeeeeeeee.

Originally posted by YK2:

Cool, I can't wait to see Peng in all his splendor, I have this preconceived vision of what he might look like so it would be nice to see if I am right, also looking forward to seeing pics of, Seanachai,Croda, Hakko, Joe Shaw, Moriarty, Jshandorf, and of course you Elvis, I think I've already had the pleasure of seeing pics of the rest of the poolers I've not mentioned, correct me if i'm wrong biggrin.gif Ohhhhhhhhh and a pic of Matt, steve and Kwazy pleaseeeeeeeeee.

Peng must have left his splendor at home when I met him. He was fresh out of splendor. Elvis just looks like I will at his age but with hair. He has hair and I won't. He has a nice computer too. I am so jealous.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Croda wrote:

> As for Andreas, I would have thought, due to the relatively educated nature of over half of his posts, that the lad was just joking calling himself GermanBOY. Has that kid hit puberty yet? I'd swear he's the smartest 13 year old going.

Andreas is one of these people who looks the same in no two pictures. I think he's slightly older than 13.

andreas_variation.jpg

YK2 wrote:

> Ohhhhhhhhh and a pic of Matt, steve and Kwazy pleaseeeeeeeeee.

Haven't seen any of Dan, but here is Chas, Stevie and the Padlock Fairy himself. Chas is the clean-cut fella, the straight man. Stevie is the over-zealous sidekick with a collection of firearms and armoured vehicles. Matt doesn't need any explaining.

bts_staffers.jpg

My mug has been dispatched Lorak-wards in all its retouched glory. The fact that I am a handsome young lad is true. The fact that I am in a Dutch APC with a Bren gun is questionable.

David

I classic frieng from our resident German... uh, Canadian... or whatever he is:

I just wrote "frieng" instead of "thread". How bizarre.

I want to know if I win before I play!

PS. I classic?? What in god's name have I been smoking?? Okay, try again...

A classic thread from our resident German... uh, Canadian...

Didn't we just do this?

Well yes!

Then why didn't you say so?!

I thought it was a continental version!

[This message has been edited by David Aitken (edited 01-24-2001).]

Originally posted by David Aitken:

I classic frieng from our resident German... uh, Canadian... or whatever he is:

I just wrote "frieng" instead of "thread". How bizarre.

I want to know if I win before I play!

PS. I classic?? What in god's name have I been smoking?? Okay, try again...

A classic thread from our resident German... uh, Canadian...

Didn't we just do this?

Well yes!

Then why didn't you say so?!

I thought it was a continental version!

[This message has been edited by David Aitken (edited 01-24-2001).]

Confused or what? Tune in next week for the next episode. wink.gif

David try more water in it next time biggrin.gif

BTW thanks for posting those pics.

Can anyone explain to me why mensch's little fun post was locked while the inexcusable beligerence in shandorfffff's Sherman thread was allowed to continue? This says to me that yelling is good and laughing is bad, in which case: why were we asked to "clean up" the CessPool? Inquiring minds want to know...

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai

Croda, you rock! - Meeks

Originally posted by Croda:

Can anyone explain to me why mensch's little fun post was locked while the inexcusable beligerence in shandorfffff's Sherman thread was allowed to continue? This says to me that yelling is good and laughing is bad, in which case: why were we asked to "clean up" the CessPool? Inquiring minds want to know...

Not sure... Really. Maybe the guys at BTS just love me?

Jeff

------------------

First of all, David, you stupid sot, if names were meant to be descriptive, everyone would have the, culturally appropriate, name of, "Ugly little purple person that cries and wets itself." -Meeks.

Okay.. I just went at looked at the pictures...

FOR THE BLESSED LOVE OF GOD!!

First off, does anybody notice the Berli looks like Karl Marks? And thus should we be blaming him for the failure of communism?

Kitty?! Mine eyes hath never seen a gothic German soldier, until now.

Stuka, I changed my mind. Get married. She is your last and best hope at an attractive girl looking at you in the same way.

Even after I stared at the picture, squinting with beads of sweat forming on my brow as I dug deep into my vast reservoir of knowledge, I still don't know what a Dalem is.

I swear I saw JD's picture in a personal injury add during a late night watching of Beastmaster. (Shudder)

Lorak, you sir are not an Elf.

GITom - Damn! You look like my neighbor who bitches about the dog poop in my front yard. Waaaaaaait a minute...

I will chop up a picture of myself and send it in shorty.

Jeff

P.S. Oh and if that is really Andreas in the pictures above, GOOD GOD, MAN! GET SOME SUNLIGHT! YOU LOOK LIKE DEATH WARMED OVER!

------------------

First of all, David, you stupid sot, if names were meant to be descriptive, everyone would have the, culturally appropriate, name of, "Ugly little purple person that cries and wets itself." -Meeks.

Originally posted by jshandorf:

First off, does anybody notice the Berli looks like Karl Marks? And thus should we be blaming him for the failure of communism?

Why yes, you can blame me for the fall of Communism... anong with the rise of communism, the black death, the fall of Rome, Pilate washing his hands, etc

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Why yes, you can blame me for the fall of Communism... anong with the rise of communism, the black death, the fall of Rome, Pilate washing his hands, etc

Pleased to meet cha, hope ya caught my name....

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

Originally posted by Croda:

I think we need to set up a cage, and lock Shandorf, Cavscout, the "other" Jeff, and Slapdragon in it until only one remains standing. Also, I couldn't help but notice that Cavscout showed up 12 minutes after the Shandy's first message, JH at 14 minutes, and by the end of the first hour, the fur was flying b/w all four. Holy Crap batman, do these people live on the board?

Jeffy, maybe you should consider staying in the pool where you are at least hated with style.

Lorak's thread has really become quite the eye opening experience. I no longer fear Berli because he looks like my uncle Albert. You are people after all. Who would have thought?

I tip my Eagles/Phillies hat to Sir Lorak and his effort to unite the pool. He has done a magnificent job of letting us see each other.

I'm waiting to see Seanachai. I bet he is a hirsute dwarf with a paunch the size of Rhode Island.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by David Aitken:

Andreas is one of these people who looks the same in no two pictures. I think he's slightly older than 13.

andreas_variation.jpg

32, in actual fact. A good age to be, as any age above 30 is, not that Berli of jd would remember - BTW, jd's picture can't be real. He looks like a real estate agent... Shudder...

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by jshandorf:

P.S. Oh and if that is really Andreas in the pictures above,GOOD GOD, MAN! GET SOME SUNLIGHT! YOU LOOK LIKE DEATH WARMED OVER!

In actual fact, they don't do me justice, I look more tanned in them than I really am. Ever since taking over Berli's place in the mountain I fear that I don't get enough sunlight.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Originally posted by Germanboy:

32, in actual fact. A good age to be, as any age above 30 is, not that Berli of jd would remember - BTW, jd's picture can't be real. He looks like a real estate agent... Shudder...

Uh, please forgive my impudence, Oh German one. I acknowlege that you are of the much more educated race, but you do look quite Japanese.

Koo nee chee wa

PS I turn 32 in May. We could throw a little shin-dig and invite some honeys over to the flat to celebrate. Huh? What do ya think?

------------------

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Koo nee chee wa

Konnichiwa - ogenkidesuka. Boku - totemo genki desu. Chotto tsukareta kedo, daitai genki. Jya, sanjyuni nen no baasudai ni issho ni paatii shimashou. Doudesuka.

Sounds good to me matey.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 01-24-2001).]

Konnichiwa - ogenkidesuka. Boku - totemmo genki desu. Chotto tsukaretta kedo, daitai genki. Jya, sanjyuni nen no baasudai ni issho ni paatii shimahou. Doudesuka.

Sounds good to me matey.

genki deska, Germanboy san

Hai

------------------

Jya, sanjyuni nen no baasudai ni issho ni paatii shimashou. Doudesuka.

Sounds good to me matey.

Chigai! Baasudai to itte, japrish da zo! Tanjoobi to iu hoo ga ii, zo. Honto ni nihonteki da.

And if there are any geisha at that party, you'd better invite me.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University