Did this THING ever existed? (see picture)

Look you freaks and pudlians,

Although it is absurd to extremes, I am not totally convinced one did not exist. Sure it is ridiculous and all that but I seriously read somewhere about them. Maybe it was the last time it came up here? Who knows...

**Note: I thought I read about it in either Salisbury's "The 900 Days" or Glantz' "When Titan's Clashed" but they didn't have a picture, only describing a behemoth of a tank that proved to be totally unworkable in combat -- with the two prototypes being destroyed in the way I mentioned in my first post. However, they may have been writing about one of the other multi-turreted tanks of the S.U. After leafing through the books again, I was still unable to find reference to it, so I am no help, sorry...

But whatever, I have seen them mentioned somewhere before and it wasn't this gay model either. Now, far be it from me to groggishly profess to know one way or the other, as some strong evidence has been made to its impossibility of existence, however it hasn't been disproven as of yet.

However, that said, I was unable to produce any evidence of its existence, and on some of the Russian web-sites I went to that featured prototype and experimental designs, SURELY this monstrosity would have made an appearance, so I am willing to say that it probably was somebodies Acid-induced modelling experiment (good weathering) but you never know...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

But whatever, I have seen them mentioned somewhere before and it wasn't this gay model either. Now, far be it from me to groggishly profess to know one way or the other, as some strong evidence has been made to its impossibility of existence, however it hasn't been disproven as of yet.

However, that said, I was unable to produce any evidence of its existence, and on some of the Russian web-sites I went to that featured prototype and experimental designs, SURELY this monstrosity would have made an appearance, so I am willing to say that it probably was somebodies Acid-induced modelling experiment (good weathering) but you never know...<hr></blockquote>

Excuse me? This gay model? How old are you, lad?

It didn't need to be 'disproved' it needed to be 'proved'. Anyone with half a sodding brain could look at it and say, "Roight. Like that ever moved, fought, or even saw the light of day."

Your defense of this incredibly embarrasing half-wittedness is, well, just sad. Suck it up. Stop tyring to convince people that the egregious lack of commonsense you've displayed is due to some vague, barely retained 'uber' knowledge, and not merely the result of your usual over-enthusiastic plunge into cerebral shut-down.

In other words, take a deep breath, stare straight into the monitor before you, imagine hundreds of pairs of eyes staring back at you, and say: 'Bugger. I don't know what I was thinking about. Another AFV, perhaps, that bares only the very tiniest, infinitesimal resemblance to this laughable modelers joke that I originally was idiotic enough to proclaim as 'real'. I'm so bloody embarassed. I shall henceforth wait until I'm sober before assuring hundreds of people that 'the truth is out there, and I can show you exactly where I left it'.

Being wrong, lad, is only a lack of knowledge. Maintaining your ignorance in the face of reality is stupidity.

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Seanachai ]</p>

Look, you'll never get me to admit I was wrong. Even though germAndreasboy's laughter stung me to the quick, and shamed me into a drowning pint of Vodka, I still hold my guns that it existed. In fact, now with Seanachai waving the torch of grog-know-it-all-ish-ness I am CONVINCED it existed. Why else would he be the foreman of the conspiracy.

Surley its not because this... thing... is too ridiculous for an ACTUAL grog to stoop to denounce?

No way, it existed and fought with aplomb. I mean a tank that could cross a river without a bridge, or even without getting wet! A tank that was a brigade unto itself! Yowza! Ten of them things and the Russia neve would have been over-run. In fact, they probably never would have been ATTACKED!

It existed.

Ok, you've all had your fun, now it's time to set things straight.

This vehicle that you see in the first picture is none other than Ford's new full size SUV for for 2003.

It is the new Ford Exploder.

It seats 32 (35 with optional rear seats), it is powered by the new Triton 12.3 liter V16 and cames in XLT or Eddie Bauer trims.

Look for it at your local Ford dealer fourth quarter of 2002.

Gyrene

Here you have it

forward.jpg

On this old soviet propaganda poster you can obviously see the shape of this super heavy tank...

But the largest tank ever is another soviet design

large.jpg

On this picture you can see the front right part of the largest tank ever built. It was something like 250x250meters and the Tank that forced the Germans to bring the 80cm AT-gun Gustav to Russia.

The soviet even used this design idea combined with some medical documents stolen from the Germans to create this soldier Boris-Boris-Boris or B3 for short

human.jpg

B3 is the one soldier that’s behind all rumours of human wave tactics...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Patrik:

[large.jpg

On this picture you can see the front right part of the largest tank ever built. It was something like 250x250meters and the Tank that forced the Germans to bring the 80cm AT-gun Gustav to Russia.

<hr></blockquote>

I wonder what the rarity cost of this sucker is going to be?

large.jpg

What's truly fascinating about this photo is the view we get of the elusive "Soviet mobile barracks building tractor" in the distance beyond the troops. This unique tractor lifted an entire city block at a time and was used to provide front-line Soviet officers with a mobile BOQ building. The slight blur in the photo means that this mobile barracks building tractor was actually photographed during movement, which is a super-rarity.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Patrik:

forward.jpg

On this old soviet propaganda poster you can obviously see the shape of this super heavy tank...

<hr></blockquote>

Wait a minute, you noodle-brain! What does it say in that text, huh? Doesn't it say, "Vpered! Pobeda blizka!", which means "Forward! Pobeda is closer!" And now, Pobeda is just the Russian name for Kanneljärvi, a Finnish village in Karelian Isthmus.

However, this is exactly the thing that casts doubt upon this piece of... "evidence". As it is known, Soviets were nowhere close to gaining any ground from Finns during the second world war, until Finnish high command heard about the Nazi atrocities in Auschwitz. At this point Finland decided to break the stale mate and give Karelian Isthmus to Soviets so that they could concentrate on punishing the Germans.

Obviously this poster is just a not-so-clever example of untruthful Soviet propaganda; just like those stories that Red Army would have won the Finnish Army in 1944. And as such even a two-weeks old half brained koala could tell, that the supertank part of the poster is also rather dubious. And I think that guy is just painted there.

As a veteran military modeller with years of staring at plans, books, etc etc etc I can categorically state that the AFV being discussed is an act of the modellers fancy (or too much indulgence in psychodelic drugs).

I am so certain about this that I am quite willing to bet Seanachai's life on it.

Mace

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

You know, an interesting thing about the Juggernaut is how the modeller took the rear MGs from the back of the KV turrets and put them in the side of the turret bustle. There was some thought put into this.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, the thought that two more dwarfs have to be packed into that turret if the side MGs are to be manned.

The model pictured is the fantasy of a modeller without the slightest concept of engineering.

It not only didn't exist, it couldn't be built. From the lack of spacing for the dual 152's in the modified KV-2 turret (no breech clearance), to the fact that no final drive shafts or transmission gears large enough to handle the necessary torque could be fit into the final drive assembly area in a KV hull, to the fact that the link pins in the tracks couldn't stand the shear stress, this thing is simply a mechanical engineering impossibility with modern materials science and manufacturing techniques, let alone with the **** steel machining and alloying capabilities the Soviets had.

There is something along this line that is what Panzer Leader is thinking of - the standard pre-war five turret (short 76 plus 2 45 AT's + 2 MGs) T-35 heavy tank fit was known as the land battleship, but it was a totally different hullform than the KV, which was years later in development.

Due to the overall length, and the mass of the three gun turrets, plus the pre-war armor-covered running gear design, the overall armor of the T-35 was abysmally thin, running from 6-30mm, which was not heavy tank standard, even for it's time.

Despite the underarmoring, the vehicle was incredibly susceptible to mechanical failure, and most were not battlefield casualties in Barbarossa, they never made it to the battlefield. There is a well known Bundesachiv photo of some German troops inspecting a roadkill T-35, where the crew had carried along an extra transmission to cope with the notorious unreliability of the T-35 drive train, but even that didn't help them.

This is the best T-35 reference online.

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: MtG ]</p>