Favorite German armor

I think my favorite is the Panzer IVs. The Panzer IV has great firepower with its 75mm main gun, and mobility with its max speed at 38 km/h, and protection. The Panzer IV has a good balance and isn't a axis armored unit you would just drive around in on the battlefield. I also like the skirts and it has a cool camouflage.

I'd have to say the Pz III series because it opened the door for the STUG's. The Pz III's effectivenes wasn't very, but it sort of showed how the Panzertrupen could do with less and make it work in their battles in the early days of the war.

But in CMBO it would have to be the King Tiger. I've had one that took out 14 or 15 tanks and 40 infantry and not take a single casualty. Shells just kept boucning off of it.

[This message has been edited by ntg84 (edited 07-23-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

anything that smokes and/or has barrel droop...

Nothing quite like the feeling of putting new ventilation holes into the Ãœberpanzers.

------------------

Andreas

My favorite German tank is the PzKpfw IV,The Panther etc, all have better armor & guns but the PzKpfw IV was the workhorse of the German army, as well as the tank most encountered on all fronts.

I also like that its, an even match for both the 75mm & 76mm Shermans, which makes you have to think while deploying them 8)as you just cant keep your front to them as in a Panther or Tiger & have a chance of surviving.

Regards, John Waters

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Panzer IV, fits my combat doctrine. Reasonable cost, flexible, not likely to bog down, and mobile.

I dont like having all my eggs in one basket with UberPanzers... a chance gun hit can ruin your whole day

What!!?? No mention of my favorite? well I'll cast a vote for it than, long live the Hetzer! Decent speed, small, good gun, great sloped armor, and based on the beautiful pz38 chassis.

The hetzer comes out on top for me as it should for all CC2 players. short and thin makes it very hard to hit and if you manage it in CM your shells just ping off that damn slopey front. plus the new mad dog snow cammo makes it look cool too

------------------

Never trust a rabbit. They may look like a child's toy but they eat your crops.

Hungarian proverb

I´d have to say the lynx... you just can´t beat the feeling of sneaking around the enemy and putting two or three bursts of 20mm in the a** of a sherman and then watch it burn without the enemy even knowing what hit it. And yes... I do like the M5A1 when playing as the allies.

Lynx, no doubt about it. I LOVE that cannon and the stunned expression on Allies faces when the armoured cav roars into view behind thier lines 8)

By the way my fav allied tank is the churchill. It really shows off that fast turret rotation, big advantage.

Guest Rommel22

I am giving my vote to the MAUS!!!!

with 200mm frontal armor at 60 degree angle.

Can't beat that. 128mm gun with another 75mm short barrel gun (coaxial). Plus 2 machine guns one coaxial and a MG 34 on the roof of the turret. The rear armor of the tank is 165mm, try to hit that from the front or rear. Imagine that in CM. (on my wish list!!!) Although the speed is something less to talk about. 7mph cross country. And this thing weighs 190 tons, no bridge in the world can support the thing. Bring on 50 shermans from all sides and I'll kill them all with my Maus!!!

Bring on the Amis or Ruskis!!!

------------------

Russian tactics as said by von Mellenthin "Bridge heads everywhere"