Poll - What's Your Favorite Allied Tank?

I'm wondering what people's favorite Allied tank is. Here's my first choice:

CHURCHILLE AVRE

It's pretty useless, but when one of those giant shells hits near a group of enemies, it's mass carnage! Plus I LOVE the fact that when it fires, the whole screen shakes. This is the only unit that does that.

I like the Churchill VIII.

Pretty good gun, although somewhat innacurate. The real key though is the survivability factor. In my last game all 3 of my Churchills got immobilized after many hits, but not a one was destroyed. For me, it edges out the Firefly due to its ability to stay alive.

GAFF

Guest KarlXII

I second the Sherman. It's great vs. infantry, has a whole bunch of ammo and forces you to think when deploying it. If you need some more AT power I'll go for a 76 or a Firefly.

------------------

Fire for effect!

I like those crazy Churchill's with the 152mm frontal armor. I don't remember the exact model number but the one with the 95mm cannon is cool although it's fun to have a 75mm armed tank with that huge amount of armour.

I also love the Sherman(75)W+. It's just a fun tank to play with. It has a lot more frontal armor so it's easier to use cuz you don't have to be as careful which lets me use it more aggressivly. Or on the other hand there's always the Jumbo. I'd take that over anything anyday.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jpinard:

I'm wondering what people's favorite Allied tank is. Here's my first choice:

CHURCHILLE AVRE

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The most FUN is the Wasp. My preferred is the Firefly, a Sherman with a GOOD gun, able to beat Tigers with its fast-rotating, super-accurate, pierce-all Tungsten rounds !

This is gonna sound really weird, but I like the M8 Greyhound (or the Daimler for the Brits smile.gif ) Really cheap, fast, decent gun. Some may say the lack of armor is bad, but since the 75/L48 can penetrate everything but a Jumbo or Churchill, I think it's kinda moot.

For "real" tanks, the basic M4A3 is OK for most tasks.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

hi,

I would go for the Churchill VII. I would not claim it is the worlds greatest "anti-tank" tank, not a powerful enough gun, but with the 150mm armour still a good all-rounder.

It intersting to see how many others go for the Churchill, a popular tank.

All the best,

Kip.

PS. I am assuming this is a western front thread, if the eastern front is included I would go for the Joseph Stalin 2m or IS2m as it is sometimes known.

Good old Sherman + (75 or 76)

Good armor, good mobility, good survivability, loads of ammo, fast shooting, fast turret... I am not saying its the best but is an all around good tank and hard to outperform if used well - I guess that why its become a favorite.

------------------

No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy