Poll - What's Your Favorite Allied Tank?

Since no one chose the Tiger, I will. Its slow-traversing turret can be fatal in complex situations, but when sitting on a hill with a view of most of the battlefield, it can usually (but not always) shrug off the first couple of hits from most tanks. Woe to the Sherman who shoots at a Tiger and misses.

For fast-moving battles, especially from long range, nothing beats the Panther with a veteran or elite crew who can hit a target while moving, while its relatively small silhouette and fast speed make it difficult to hit, and its thick frontal armor make it difficult to kill.

Henri

I'm no expert, but I love those fast little Stuarts and Greyhounds. Sure it's like bringing daggers to a swordfight. But if you can survive flanking a panzer, you can stab him to death with those rapid fire pop-guns. Just gotta keep them moving though.

Got this game about two weeks ago and haven't stopped playing it. Referred to my girlfriend as "my snug little foxhole". Hilarity did not ensue, so looks like I'll be taking an enforced break.

M24, its tiny, its the light weght, its cheap. Or the M8, tiny, cheap, effective. Or the Stuart. I've achived excellent results with the Stuart: 6 251/1, 3 Puma's, 2 Lynx, and a PzIVJ, plus 34 infantry casualties, 2 mortars, and 5 captured. All in one game. I loved that Stuart. I got behind the enemy and blasted away the big armor, than picked off all the HT.

[This message has been edited by ntg84 (edited 08-28-2000).]