Vote here

Guest rune

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done. And it is hard to believe they overlooked CMBO.

A search turned up a reference and link to the September interview with Charles (guru3d.com). That's about it.

The rest of this site is so Shockwave-intensive that's it's quite unpleasant to view at 28.8. But we must educate them anyway!

Well when I looked at those choices they gave I don't even wonder why they didn't list CM there.

Which one of these would you call strategy?

Ground Control, I wouldn't..

Homeworld, perhaps haven't played it

Red Alert 2, hehe

Sacrifice, yeah right

The Sims, ROTFLMAO

I am pretty sure there must have been some better strategy games this year? We of course know there is CM, but at least something else too..

------------------

jK.MkIII

Vote's away!

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai

Vote has been cast.

Do you think it will be counted?

I hope the server doesn't sit in Florida.

------------------

Steve of BTS - "With a company our size, every sale does in fact count (unlike every vote in certain assbackwards states biggrin.gif)."

[This message has been edited by Sitting Duck (edited 12-14-2000).]

Greetings and Newbie Alert!

Homeworld was a fairly entertaining RTS game that was considered ground breaking in that it was the first to have units carry over from battle to battle. Not exactly the kind of strategy game that most of you would like. Along those lines, perhaps Heroes of Might and Magic (despite it's fantasy setting, a decent turn-based strategy epic) would fair better with this crowd.

I'd have to say the winner in my book (aside from CM which I actually have yet to play)would be Talonsoft's Rising Sun - a fair improvement of previous versions of the system, though the AI could still use some work.

Anyway, I am very happy to have found out about this game! You see above what I've been driven to. smile.gif I never did play ASL, but I did play the original, along with other classics like Third Reich.

This is the only time I can think of that I've actually had the patch on my machine BEFORE having the game installed. It should arrive today or tomorrow. Can't wait!