OK post HERE to cry about not receiving CM yet

Guest *Captain Foobar*

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... (looks around room) lots of empty chairs... that one looks comfortable... looks like we can hang a Canadian flag on the wall in here... even Europe is playing it before me... pass me a hanky... yippee... kinda gives a new definition to LONG weekend when you spend it waiting for the post office to re-open Tuesday!

I ordered on 6/22, charge card debited on 6/26, still no CM here in California! frown.gif

I had to console myself today so I bought Diablo II. At least I'll be waiting for CM in style! smile.gif

John-SJ

P.S. I thought sure I'd get it yesterday, and our stupid mail carrier got to our house at 7:30pm! Can you believe it? And today will likely be a repeat performance. It's almost 6pm here and no sign of our mail. (it's the government, it figures! rolleyes.gif )

[This message has been edited by John-SJ (edited 06-30-2000).]

Hey, did kump get his copy yet? Because I'm standing around here with this special squad of 6 guys, and as soon as we get the word that he's the last one with no copy of CM, we're sposed to go in and rescue him. Be nice to know if he needs it or not. Sheesh, all this bushwah to save one lousy gamer...

smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Well, when it rains, it pours! About 15 minutes after hitting the Post button on my last post here, guess what came in the mail? That's right! CM is in California!

Ordered 6/22, delivered 6/30!

Happy days!

John-SJ

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Quote from Seanachai

Hey, did kump get his copy yet? Because I'm standing around here with this special squad of 6 guys, and as soon as we get the word that he's the last one with no copy of CM, we're sposed to go in and rescue him. Be nice to know if he needs it or not. Sheesh, all this bushwah to save one lousy gamer...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Yes, I got CM this bright Friday afternoon before the weekend. I won't be the last pre-order at this weeping wall, so no rescue will be required. But I did appreciated the thought!

No time to hang around here, got to go play. But I had to drop by the visit the weeping wall. After being here so long, it starting feeling like home, and I'm already kind of missing it....NOT! smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kump:

Yes, I got CM this bright Friday afternoon before the weekend. I won't be the last pre-order at this weeping wall, so no rescue will be required. But I did appreciated the thought!

No time to hang around here, got to go play. But I had to drop by the visit the weeping wall. After being here so long, it starting feeling like home, and I'm already kind of missing it....NOT! smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well thank God for that! Alright, everyone, stand down. No, not you, Rieben, you're tasked to go over and kick Capt. Manieri in the butt. What? Hell, I don't know why, something about an 'integrity' issue. And you, Horvach, we're sending you up to talk with the Canadians. You're from Minnesota, you should be on their wavelength. But I hear things are damn bad up there. I'll be notifying your wife and kids, just in case... smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 06-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 07-01-2000).]

Uuuuulp. Hgnnnr. Grrrrughp. Words are failing me because CM still didn't show today (6/30) in my corner of California! I swear, I actually have a physical sense of disappointment and longing in my chest. That, or this is giving me heart palpitations.

I am happy for those that have left, since I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. God, how I envy them.

I take back what I said about non-gaming coworkers not understanding, because today when I told one the game still hadn't shown, he said, "Man, is this the longest, worst Christmas Eve of your life?" He is dead on!

For those keeping track:

12/1/99 order.

6/15/2000 charge.

6/30/2000 still nada.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

...And you, Horvach, we're sending you up to talk with the Canadians. You're from Minnesota, you should be on their wavelength. But I hear things are damn bad up there. I'll be notifying your wife and kids, just in case... smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Much obliged for the consideration... we're digging in for a thoroughly miserable weekend. (Weather is fine, but what's the point?) It's almost shameful to be this disappointed with a long weekend.

wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>For those keeping track:

12/1/99 order.

6/15/2000 charge.

6/30/2000 still nada.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to hear that, Supertanker (not as in "I rejoice in your suffering" but rather "glad I'm not alone"). My order from 12/14/99 (6/15/00 charge) hasn't shown either. Well, we'll see what we see....

Hi guys,

Add me to the list of people who visit the mailbox every day with a huge sense of expectation (or at least hope) only to have it crushed day after day. Amazon often gets me my books within a few days (all the way over here to Melbourne, Australia), but CM is obviously on the sloooww plane.

<sigh>

Bruce

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WendellM:

Glad to hear that, Supertanker (not as in "I rejoice in your suffering" but rather "glad I'm not alone"). My order from 12/14/99 (6/15/00 charge) hasn't shown either. Well, we'll see what we see....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I noted elsewhere, my order finally showed up on Saturday, 7/1/2000. It had been mistakenly sent to the billing address, which was my brother's house in Phoenix. However, he had moved to Santa Rosa soon after placing the order, so then it was forwarded there. It arrived in Santa Rosa on Tuesday 6/27.

If has been a while and you are still in the dark about where your package is, I suggest writing to Steve and politely inquiring. He responded quickly and courteously to my somewhat steamed inquiry, and we solved the mystery of the game's whereabouts. It didn't make the waiting any more fun, but at least I knew it was not lost. His address is steve@battlefront.com. Good luck, and I hope yours shows soon. At least the USPS has to deliver on Monday.

Though I understand a little delay for overseas shipping is easy to forgive, I can not help being extremely pissed off. Spain is CMless so far.

frown.gif

I should add I am a Mac user, so Soldier of Fortune, Deus Ex and all those wonderful Mac titles are not to come in less than a month. I warn you BTS fellows, if you keep the delay I will go out and get some social life (heaven forbid!)

Reverend Mr.Black

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reverend Mr.Black:

I should add I am a Mac user, so Soldier of Fortune, Deus Ex and all those wonderful Mac titles are not to come in less than a month. I warn you BTS fellows, if you keep the delay I will go out and get some social life (heaven forbid!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hadn't thought about it before, but that's obviously another benefit

for us Maccers, no gemes - more social life. I just wonder why I still

don't have one. frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fmonster:

Well, let me get the ball rolling early! I ordered 1 hr ago, went out to my mailbox,.....and STILL no game!!! wink.gif Will the waiting ever cease?

Gary<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO.... you're good stuff mate. Welcome aboard!

Tailz, thanks for the welcome. I've read some of your posts, and all I can say is,.....I Feel Your Pain! smile.gif But look on the bright side, unlike those that got the game within days, you get the added bonus of experiencing what the soldier really went through,...... loonngg, dull periods of nothing, followed by mass chaos!! wink.gif(What a clever marketing ploy by the gentlemen at BTS) wink.gif

Tailz, thanks for the welcome. I've read some of your posts, and all I can say is,.....I Feel Your Pain! smile.gif But look on the bright side, unlike those that got the game within days, you get the added bonus of experiencing what the soldier really went through,...... loonngg, dull periods of nothing, followed by mass chaos!! wink.gif(What a clever marketing ploy by the gentlemen at BTS) wink.gif

i would be deeply chuffed if someone (esp the BTS guy if hes still around) could tell me how long stuff usually takes to get from eastern US to england. i dont usually order stuff from over thye pond and have no idea how long this takes. tq

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blue Macs:

i would be deeply chuffed if someone (esp the BTS guy if hes still around) could tell me how long stuff usually takes to get from eastern US to england. i dont usually order stuff from over thye pond and have no idea how long this takes. tq<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm assuming that if the shipments crossed the border into Quebec, some separtist mucked with the truck to stick it to us Anglos. (please, no offense to Quebecers in general... Montreal is an awesome town... your strip clubs are par excellance!) wink.gif