CMFI PALESTINE 1948 MOD...thinktank

kohlenklau

1948 ARAB-ISRAELI WAR

aka The War of Jewish Independence.

I somehow got to thinking about this today. How would I make it as a CM mod? I think I can. I see CMFI as the base. Get the voices for Arabs from CMSF2! Right? Skins and names file. I have this desire to try and create it. I can do it but I would love some participation from the community. Don't PM me yet. Think about it and then post here to discuss what you want to do AND CAN DO for the mod. 

EDIT: Just taking some notes...

MOD Israeli's are the CMFI BRITISH and other nations too. Lots of options for uniforms. Some guys in shorts in the Kibutz? We see the Sten AND Thompson; Vehicles are diverse, worth a try to mod the history; Arabs are Germans AND Italians, allows diversity of weapons, uniforms and UI elements and voices. I think that allows us to show various aspects of the Arab side of this encounter. There are some ASL scenarios out there that can guide me. 

Edited by kohlenklau

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

1948 ARAB-ISRAELI WAR

aka The War of Jewish Independence.

I somehow got to thinking about this today. How would I make it as a CM mod? I think I can. I see CMFI as the base. Get the voices for Arabs from CMSF2! Right? Skins and names file. I have this desire to try and create it. I can do it but I would love some participation from the community. Don't PM me yet. Think about it and then post here to discuss what you want to do AND CAN DO for the mod. 

EDIT: Just taking some notes...

MOD Israeli's are the CMFI BRITISH and other nations too. Lots of options for uniforms. Some guys in shorts in the Kibutz? We see the Sten AND Thompson; Vehicles are diverse, worth a try to mod the history; Arabs are Germans AND Italians, allows diversity of weapons, uniforms and UI elements and voices. I think that allows us to show various aspects of the Arab side of this encounter. There are some ASL scenarios out there that can guide me. 

I like the idea, this could be a good bone if BFC dont tell us nothing before end of the year.

...this may be useful...

you can maybe use some

mod from @MOS:96B2P  about helmets, the Israelis were poor in uniforms and weapons they didn't all have helmets and headgear, and also lot of civilian clothes, if only we could have also 3d models of women to make more realistic, (and only for the realism)...

>MOS Remove Some German Helmets MOD for CM WW2 Titles

also take the turban for the Arab troops already in cmfi for the Indian troops or those of the goumiers...

>Indian cmfi uniforms and "helmets" already in cmfi
>   @mjkerner CMFI/GL/R2V French Force Goumiers Mod

for the Israeli voices and ranks they already partly exist in a old mod for SF1, and I suppose you already have a cop,y but i m not sure they have already theirs own ranks and use probably the british ones ?...

and many other things, everything is present, all you have to do is use it...

If you need a helping hand...!!

Edited by JM Stuff

10 hours ago, waffelmann said:

Interesting idea! But didn't the Arabs also have a lot of British equipment?

Not a problem. CMFI has the Indians with British kit. They can be modded to be part of the Arabs.

10 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

...this may be useful...

you can maybe use some

Thanks JM. Next year 2024 I will start hunting down stuff in CMMODS. Edit: poked around and did not see any Israeli mods for CMSF1.

Edited by kohlenklau

@kohlenklau

Your energy is unbelievable… While I struggle to scrap three missions together into a campaign, you manage to build whole mods, showing BFC what they could achieve… Don't you consider to push a tender offer over BFC? 😎

More seriously, this sounds a realistic project. CMFI as a base. Blue vs. Blue scenarios with the Indians or the Brits as the Arabs and the the US, Brits or South Africans as the Israelis. I don't remember that either side ever used postwar tanks in the 1948 ar so everything shall be available in CMFI…

6 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Not a problem. CMFI has the Indians with British kit. They can be modded to be part of the Arabs.

Thanks JM. Next year 2024 I will start hunting down stuff in CMMODS. Edit: poked around and did not see any Israeli mods for CMSF1.

Can give you a copy on your drophill just to pick up voices  and some others elements, but no faces and no uniforms this one use the first system of files from BFC, so no valid for sf2, just the old school.

Golani and Paras Brigade.

Edit :

PS count of you to working on Israelis uniforms and faces included and reworking to use it in Sf2 (modern time) pick up some Brits or Us stuffs . (kidding) !

We count of you Phill !

i9QkZKj.jpg

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

Ok dont find your drophill but I put it as a gift for Christmas,  put on this link available for everybody, couple of weeks, just remember guys, no valid for new system of files from BFC, moderne style SF2, Black Sea, Heaven Earth, Brazil in Flame, but perhaps working with Afghanistan I dont test it. ??

All thanks to the owner of this mod : @Blimey

<some new ideas for a far future >

67 will (couldnt not be far away) all armoury is present in CM modules just pick up them adjust correct calibres to the correct tanks and APC s and this, one the the Phill  specialities.

when 67 is present we can jump on 73 need only water canons just use a german flamethrower (using blender knowledges) to a air effect of a vehicle exhaust pipe), (hahaha) ...

(no kidding now ), in the past i was maked a try with a us white sc, to represent a btr 152, but untill now stay with a problem to export in mdr, but is already "in the garage" (like vehicle without plate number).

>but by 67, 73 a lot of sandstorms will cover the desert and it is therefore not for tomorrow or perhaps will never be done...sigh !! <

enjoy !

Again we count of you @kohlenklau or all others modders @37mm @EZ, @LukaFromFallujah @Atlas and another good modder that created the Iranian mod ( @JMDECC...)  and many others... !

i9QkZKj.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/upau828ojxhq22erk89p0/h?rlkey=akhngfvy8zii5lye2e2s2p42x&dl=0

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

In 1948 they used a Jewish Sandwich Car APC? I had a few thoughts of what that meant. I was hungry at the moment and had memories of a great deli I used to visit.

But it was the armor. Thin steel on each side of some wood. 

One thing I enjoy on these modding projects is what I get to learn. I might not get it into the mod but I learned something new.

I have the hard drive space so I just copied and pasted to make ANOTHER CMFI install...dedicated to PALESTINE 1948. It is easier that way for me because the z folder is purely focused to the PALESTINE 1948 mod. On my desktop I get a new shortcut edited to activate the proper .exe as well as a shortcut to open the z folder for PAL48.

@JM Stuff Hey mon ami, I think you are very good to make or find shortcut icons? Can you please hunt me down a good icon for this mod's desktop shortcut? If you have time. No big hurry sir.

HEY! I think that will be the modtag. [pal48]

[pal48] but with other secondary modtags. modtags to me are like Clark Griswold's Christmas lights?

[pal48] switches on the main breaker to all lights, but a secondary one can change the front window to the Santa OR the Rudolph light.

In this case maybe switch between Egyptians OR Syrians.

[pal48 egypt] -or- [pal48 syria]

Edited by kohlenklau

It seems to 99.9% have fallen on deaf ears for my CMFI KOREA 1950 mod. 1 guy stepped forward slightly but nothing has come out yet. But I will try asking the same question for this CMFI PALESTINE 1948 mod. 

Does anybody want to pledge to make a scenario using the mod?

Here are some ASL scenarios for the 1948 timeframe (a few are later).

https://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/viewPub.php?id=916

I will make scenarios but just for H2H play with a buddy.

Edited by kohlenklau

Here you go !

I guess you know the procedure to change your folder image with another Icons isn t ?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ezwyk0in2eivb4dp67r9g/CMIA3.rar?rlkey=ukirxpgp0wiaq1n9nhbtu1wo9&dl=0

PS working on helmet with mod @MOS:96B2P we have to ask permission !! 

also test some civilians uniforms let you know soon...

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

1 minute ago, kohlenklau said:

No permis es necesario. The actual mod is not going to be used. It is just a modding technique that uses some image slots as transparent to reduce the number of helmets appearing. Some soldiers have no helmet.

Ok,  so I let fall the helmets than, and pls you have to explain how you do are you making some helmet blanco ?!

6 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

explain how you do are you making some helmet blanco ?!

so, I used the same technique for North Koreans grenade pouch with 2 grenades in it. 

BUT each of the grenades was randomly getting a stick grenade bmp image. some were valid but some were alpha layer transparent.

So, randomly the pouch may contain various combinations of grenades. none, 2, just 1 left or just 1 right

4 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

so, I used the same technique for North Koreans grenade pouch with 2 grenades in it. 

BUT each of the grenades was randomly getting a stick grenade bmp image. some were valid but some were alpha layer transparent.

So, randomly the pouch may contain various combinations of grenades. none, 2, just 1 left or just 1 right

Clever le Koh !! 😀 

so and all is valid for whatever pictures ? 

is this the procedure  you put for the (code signs) on some germans turrets ?