CMFI PALESTINE 1948 MOD...thinktank

kohlenklau

The [pal48] z folder is getting stuff sent to it.

From CMSF2. arabic voices, arabic names, the arabic headdress face scarf uniform mds and textures (modded later), arabic skins, some walls and a different hedgerow (not sure yet). 

From Blimey (and others in readme) CMSF1 IDF mod: initial pack of israeli voices, israeli names

From other mods I have: flat roof mod I use with CMFI CMAK2, foliage to suit the region.

I am now gonna create a small [pal48] testing arena scenario. import the modtags. map just a small kibutz looking place. I will call it "Simcha" after an Israeli woman I knew. Then I start to add in forces and put them places with map labels. inch by inch I get there and see stuff change.

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

The [pal48] z folder is getting stuff sent to it.

From CMSF2. arabic voices, arabic names, the arabic headdress face scarf uniform mds and textures (modded later), arabic skins, some walls and a different hedgerow (not sure yet). 

From Blimey (and others in readme) CMSF1 IDF mod: initial pack of israeli voices, israeli names

From other mods I have: flat roof mod I use with CMFI CMAK2, foliage to suit the region.

I am now gonna create a small [pal48] testing arena scenario. import the modtags. map just a small kibutz looking place. I will call it "Simcha" after an Israeli woman I knew. Then I start to add in forces and put them places with map labels. inch by inch I get there and see stuff change.

Sound very good, in these speed you will be finish before 2024, time, that you want normaly just starting to pick up lef and right, before you have something accectable  in the CM world modules. 😄

What about your Israeli sandwitch ?

I apreciate the power that you put for the community !!

JM

It is just a certain source, but I looked at ASL scenarios for Palestine 1948 and these were the vehicles listed...

Note: these are standard ASL rulebook notations, standby for interpretation to the CM world.

SYRIANS:
R35
AMD 50 AM
AMD 20 cv TOE
Staghound I (a)

EGYPTIANS:
MKVIB
Humber IV
Carrier A
Carrier 2" mortar
Locust (a)
M9FT
M9A1
Carrier C
Humber III LRC
Cromwell VII

ARAB LEAGUE/ARAB MILITIA:
DAIMLER AC
Carrier 3" MTR
Jeep(a)
Homemade AC
Monkey-Harry IV
1 1/2-Ton Truck (a)
AM Dodge (a)
AMD 20 cv TOE

IRAQI:
Monkey-Harry IV
Jeep(a)
1 1/2-Ton Truck (a)

ISRAELIS:
M9 Daimler
Jeep GPA(a)
Jeep(a)4
Daimler AC
M3A1 SA38
M3 Mk B
DWC I APC
Sandwich Car 30cwt
Sandwich Car 15cwt

Looking at Blimey's CMSF1 mod, he had used (and given credit to others for) some Israeli voices wav files. Made by modders working on a mod for Theater of War I think. Some great recordings! Upon deeper investigation it seems someone ran into the need to copy and paste to "flesh out" the voice slots. The bottom line is all of us non-Hebrew speakers out there will not really know anyway what is being said but we will hear a lot of the same voice clips. I will try my usual method to improve on that. In 2024 I will track down some Hebrew language war movies and do recordings and edit it into some new voice clips. This same issue is holding up the release of the CMFI KOREA 1950 mod. I admit I also have to do the copy and paste to flesh out the voice slots. There are over 300 different voice clips needed for the British force modded to be Koreans and now here as Israelis.

But in any regard...an official kohlenklau thank you to @Blimey

Edited by kohlenklau

7 minutes ago, Erwin said:

teaches people Hebrew while we play the game?  Korean too for that matter...

I think that you will be the first to try the Korean Mod so maybe you can be the Guinea Pig! I am almost ready to PM you a link to download the mod and scenario. Remember to just PM me your review and comments! Don't post anything please. :D

My notes on the previous vehicle list

PAL48 VEHICLE LIST AND STATUS: 1=(IN CM),2=(PROBABLY MODABLE) OR 3=(PROBABLY A NO GO) OR 4=(TBD).

SYRIANS:
R35                    1
AMD 50 AM               4  see note at bottom 
AMD 20 cv TOE           4  see note at bottom
Staghound I (a)            1    

EGYPTIANS:
Vickers Light Tank MKVIB                   2
Humber IV               1      
Carrier A               1
Carrier 2" mortar       1
Airborne Tank Locust (a)              3
M9FT                    4
M9A1                    1
Carrier C               1
Humber III LRC          1
Cromwell VII            3

ARAB LEAGUE/ARAB MILITIA:
DAIMLER AC              1
Carrier 3" MTR          4
Jeep(a)                 1
Homemade AC             4
Monkey-Harry IV         4
1 1/2-Ton Truck (a)     1
AM Dodge (a)            1
AMD 20 cv TOE           4

IRAQI:
Monkey-Harry IV         4
Jeep(a)                 1
1 1/2-Ton Truck (a)     1

ISRAELIS:
M9 Daimler              4
Jeep GPA(a)             2
Jeep(a)4                2
Daimler AC              1
M3A1 SA38               2
M3 Mk B                 4
DWC I APC               4
Sandwich Car 30cwt      4
Sandwich Car 15cwt      4

AMD 50 AM & AMD 80 AM: These
were more modern versions of the WW1-
era White armored car. 98 of the AMD 50
(a.k.a. the White-Laffly or Laffly 50 AM)
were built in 1932-34, and most were used
in French North Africa. 28 of the AMD 80
(a.k.a. the Laffly-Vincennes or Laffly 80
AM) were built in 1934-35 and sent to
Tunisia where some later fought against
Axis troops. Both designs had a second
driver facing the rear of the vehicle. AMD in French North Africa were is-
sued mostly to RCA. “AMD” stands for Automitrailleuse de Découverte,
which indicated an AFV used for long-range reconnaissance. 37mm low velocity HE only gun and coax MG.

https://tank-afv.com/ww2/france/White_Laffly_AMD-50.php

AMD 20 cv TOE: This vehicle, also
known variously as the 20 cv Panhard,
AMD Panhard TOE, or Panhard 165/175
TOE, was produced specifically for colonial
use (“TOE” stands for Territoire d’Opéra-
tions Extérieures). A total of thirty were built. One squadron was sent to
the Levant where it was issued to the 6th RCA, while the remainder were
shipped to French North Africa. An advanced feature of the vehicle for its
time was the use of an additional, rear-facing, driver. 37mm low velocity HE only gun and coax MG.

Edited by kohlenklau

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

Me too!

Well central heating. 

First problem was radiators only warming up when water heating was on.  Cause - 3 way diverter valve not working properly, turns out it was the valve header not clicking over far enough to send a micro-switch signal back to the control unit.  Solution - swapped in a new header, more electrical than plumbing.  Solved!

Second problem, by coincidence a thermostatic radiator valve started 'wetting the floor', with leakage coming up round the valve stem even when it's shut off.  Youtube suggests a way to change the valve without draining the whole system.  While contemplating the pros and cons of attempting this (I ain't no plumber), I've had a tray under the valve collecting leakage.  Oddly this has now slowed and almost stopped.  And no the system isn't devoid of fluid 😉.  Of course the system has been refilling with fresh water, with no inhibitor.  So I still have some work to do on this problem.

Wait, we are on the 'Combating Plumbing Missions' website aren't we 😂?

5 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

This is IN the vehicle not just a passenger with FT.

This is why I tell you, to use a part of the german flamethrower VEHICLE and this one exist already in CM combined with a Us Halftrack !

I know already that you were not talking about only a passenger !!

Edited by JM Stuff

34 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

ok

Well, Phill, it was only an idea, just saying, I know all is difficult to do, but I know so long, this is a "intern model" of CM this will be possible.

There is always more Ideas in two heads instead alone thinking. 😉

Edited by JM Stuff

5 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I appreciate the suggestions. Thanks. I was just confused :D

I get to practice my Espanol this weekend as my son's girlfriend is from Peru and her parents and grandparents are visiting and we will host all of them for dinner.

So you can offer them a Carpaccio de Vacuno, as  starter, you won't need to talk to them but they will loosen their tongues for you, this doesnt come from Peru, but the languge already or similar, but probably they know the taste already and the most important,  your diner is save !

Happy weekend !

Edited by JM Stuff