HOW TO MAKE A BIG MOD (TEST DUMMY LOG)

kohlenklau

It ends up I think I will use for French infantry a cool mixture of French as French, Poles as French and Brazilians as French.

My 2 cents strategy here is French regulars, reservists/green troops and maybe some elite legionaires or whatever. I can have 3 different portraits,

The voice files in CM are always in separate subfolders by category but I pulled them all out for French voices into ONE SINGLE folder. My bulk renamer can eat them up in 2 seconds to change french to polish or brazilian or klingon and add the modtag. A Bulk renamer utility is your friend. All voices are finished and modtagged.

All names are now French. All ranks are French. The branches are all just the tricolour flag.

Everybody is in greatcoats and Adrian helmets and puttees. I will try to have some officers in the kepi.

I do NOT have a MAS36 rifle 3D model. Hmmm. Not sure what bolt action rifle to equip everybody with. Something old looking. I do have the French LMG. I am not sure what HMG to use in place of Vickers or M1917 water-cooled. I am trying my best to have no SMG's for French. I made tank crews have a revolver.

I have a few scenarios percolating in the back of my mind...

oh...the krauts. I have the SS boys brought over from CMRT. Trying to be a decent 1940 look. I am just gathering existing stuff and nothing I have made.

I haven't yet tried to mod the regular heer guys. I see the mods I have from somebody (EZ?) for an awesome 1943-44 look and I just cringe thinking of how crappy my efforts will turn out. I may just go with those and say eff it. His officers look to be the 2 tone pants and tunic but the soldiers are not. oh well.

I have asked a few folks for some modding help but I guess everybody is busy or just not interested. sniff sniff, uh oh, maybe I need better deodorant?

Edited by kohlenklau

I had to capture a great thought I had before I hit the sack...note to myself...

If I do set up PBEMs later on I could use the perfectly dialed in OOB in my "test arena" as the CAMPAIGN "imported core unit file".

That could save hassles figuring out the dates when stuff is available as you purchase units.

EDIT: I just tested it and it worked awesome. This has always been something I worried about. Not many folks probably bother with my mods and scenarios but this "revelation" could make these modded scenarios much easier to rack up.  I have another CMFI FR40 scenario I am writing and as I needed my units all I did was "import campaign units" in the unit purchase part of the editor.

IT DOES NOT NEED TO REALLY BECOME A CAMPAIGN! SWEET!!!

The imported campaign unit can then be edited to delete things. SWEET!!!

It racked up in a snap. As I deployed I then saw another key item. Import the damn modtags! I did. I deployed and saw all my france1940 stuff. SWEET!!!

Edited by kohlenklau

8 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Awesome!  

Thanks Tony. ..and I promise (if you remind me) that I will RezPack the mods into two brz files. 1 that can stay in z and 1 ONLY WHEN NEEDED.

edit: AND...to best not clash with your OCD :D the scenarios will be called "FR40 ********.btt"

Edited by kohlenklau

4 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Hahaha. yes indeed, Steve's idea is clear that they will never do it. Not sexy enough I guess. I am enjoying doing this mod. I hope others join me (like you have helped, merci!).

Is a little sad because this could be also an interresting time, and lot of forgotted battles, but I think the public opinion, the game marketting, and  perhaps in America they are more for news things and a moderns, technology, I m sure they will be for CHina vs Taywan, 1940 is old and no modern, just testing weapons from both sides, and like you said not sexy enough, I dont like modern conflict, but is only me...

You know that "my door" is always open in case I can lend you a hand, I am trying to do something  on the fiat truck, but nothing is certain...

anyway, what you can added on, this will be an amazing mod Phill !

I had fun today. I am back in Blender and am messing around.

@Ivan Zaitzev gave me a 3D model of the MAS36. It is an obj file format. I have not cracked it yet. I know I can. It just takes time.

PzIII Ausf F. I am working on the short barrel 50mm PzIII Ausf G to do a few tweaks to make it more F-ish. Remove the turret bins and make it a 37mm.

The Bufla lives! Inspired by @Heinrich505 I have it functioning and just need some new textures.

Edit: Because I spend time in Blender and Gimp, I will not be making any AI plans. I have several PBEM buddies...and we'll have a blast!

Edited by kohlenklau

A section in the French army of 1940 is composed as follows:
a section chief; lieutenant or second lieutenant or adjutant
armed with a gun - revolver
a deputy: sergeant
a corporal VB with a grenade launcher
a signal officer with rifle
infantryman with rifle
plus 3 combat group/ squad
composed like this
a squad leader sergeant with rifle
a deputy (corporal) with rifle
an FM shooter with 24/29
a loader man with gun
  3 outfitters with rifle
4 outfielder with rifle
a VB shooter with a grenade launcher

As often in the army which finds their tradition from the Middle Ages depending on the weapon regiment and rank there are great variations in the uniform. to have something realistic without multiplying the models there are some tricks

The "capotes" (coat) has "concealment flap" which hides the numbers of the regiments

rvdd.jpg

the kepi are covered with a cover9cww.jpg