HOW TO MAKE A BIG MOD (TEST DUMMY LOG)

kohlenklau

59 minutes ago, Suchy said:

@JM Stuff

I once started preparing a Polish 1939 mod based on CMFI. I have Polish camouflage for CV 33 as TKS.

Thanks Tom, I guess we will working all together,  after France 1940, minimum, I will give my contribution.

Tonight I will playtest the first scenario using the basic mod components!

Original scenario design by ASL scenario designer Ralph McDonald as published by MMP - Out of the Bunker. (Feldwebel Rudolf Brasche scenario series #1)

It is currently just H2H with no AI plans. I am not keen to make any AI plans anymore.

KT3RiI5.png

Homyly, France. June 11, 1940.

As the drive through France continued, the crossing of the Seine River was a major objective to accomplish. Four squads of the Pionier Detachment of the 93rd Motorized Infantry Regiment's II Battalion were ordered to take the bridge over the Seine River at Homyly. They were driven to and through the village under enemy fire, disembarking next to the woods leading up to the bridge. They quickly moved through the woods and came upon the bridge where they spied four French soldiers standing guard at the beginning of the span. In a bold maneuver the 1st, 2nd and 3rd squads rushed the guard detachment, hoping to overwhelm them and grab control of the bridge before it was blown up underneath them.

"Mort por la honour d' France" :( (I think that is the inscription on French war graves)

9Gvzs5U.png

Sergeant Falaise fires a flare (simulated due to BFC not coding flares or starshells) to alert the reserve company of 72 soldiers (rifles only!) with a few officers. Another LMG. ONLY TWO DAMN SMG's sneak in. Gotta do what I gotta do.

The reserve company must get here on foot so it will be at least 5 minutes.

But they also have 2 Pan-Pans. Panhard scout cars. 20mm autocannon and a co-ax MG.

The beautiful flowers of bel France. @Lucky_Strike thank you!

Here are "le bad guys"...

n3XsyIb.png

MON PARDON! It is LT Falaise! He only has a pistol and his men look ready to do the marathon back to Paris?

04gUaAs.png

MERDE!!! They have routed!

BnM7iYZ.png

Here comes the judge! errr...I mean...the boche.

q6o4o3z.png

He is alone now at the bridge...

VIVA LA FRANCE!!!

idoBWnB.png

QYd1o4H.png

a bullet has ended his life...

NNtVEXj.png

THE END OF PART 1

Edited by kohlenklau

LESSON LEARNED.

My buddy, my CM PBEM opponent, my VASL opponent and tutor, he had my old CMRT Italian CSIR mod and it was causing a conflict for THIS mod.

I am only human. I guess I had a few non-modtagged stuff in that other mod. ooops.

OK, why are we in CMRT for this test scenario? You 3 or 4 people actually out there might ask that.

Well, for this scenario I needed a freaking anti-tank rifle so I had to use CMRT.

BFC has no sympathy for my woes.

A SNEAK PEEK AT PART 2

sjhC5Rc.png

ZMm9dGA.png

xRFNwzk.png

Edited by kohlenklau

ha ha 😃
Here I am sergeant on the Seine commanding an infantry very close to historical reality "mais pas si vite !" cult replica of an equally cult film on the bravery of the French army of 40.
Abandoned I go up in rank and here I am lieutenant on the Loire offering my youth to the supreme sacrifice like the Cadets of Saumur
"Mort pour la  France"

great mod bravo !

CMRT FRANCE 1940 at first had issues but I made a new solution this morning with the mds file renaming. Now the French soldiers DO HAVE GEAR.

THERE WILL BE BOTH A CMFI FRANCE 1940 AND A CMRT FRANCE 1940.

Both are needed due to BFC neglecting my personal needs. sniffle sniffle :D

Edited by kohlenklau

BRASCHE ENCOUNTER PART 2

The reserve company on the move toward the bridge...

vHxMJ7S.png

The German squads hold their ground having occupied the French foxholes...

vhjyEI6.png

Capitane Jambon eyes the battlefield to determine his course of action.

ts049uq.png

He orders the Pan-Pans forward!

rDobo59.png

Under the cover of the Panhard "Grammont", the soldiers bravely move forward.

GN3Q1k4.png

"Grammont" covers the crawling infantry...

l7AkHBk.png

Gollat is excited as he reaches the detonateur - but he has no training and cannot properly connect the wires.

t9DPWNJ.png

But the Germans are unaware of that fact and assume the charges will be fired off. They pull back leaving their dead and wounded.

yjbrfjU.png

Edited by kohlenklau

7 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

The Falaise Memorial Leather Cartridge Pouch is completed!

@Falaise

NITUyY2.png

It's awesome send me the bmp so that I can make variations.
While we're at it on blender can you be added the helmet badge and it will be perfect

vzip.png
 FYI with Mauser cartridge belt can  have Belgian !!

BRASCHE ENCOUNTER PART 3

Capitane Jambon and Lt Merlot reach the detonateur and fire the charges (simulated only due to BFC)

which does not vaporize the bridge but makes it unable to take heavy vehicles.

wx3USt6.png

The commander of "Grammont" bravely moves forward toward the German positions. He is out of ammo. With great relief he sees the German Panzerbusche 38 Anti-tank rifle abandoned in the grass.

Ui9Z4Q3.png

History is changed and the Germans suffer a loss and some even surrender...

VxrgBj9.png

FIN

@Heinrich505 Thank you to my buddy Gary for the playtest...

We spotted a few things to fix and of course there are many more improvements that can be made to the mod. It just takes time and effort.

If you want to write a scenario using this mod, please PM me. I can share my advice on what units are "representable" within the scope of what I have modded. For example, like I explained earlier, I used CMRT as the base because I could get the Anti-tank rifle ATR for Brasche Encounter. If BFC would release a small module to sprinkle such items in the other titles, we'd have increased flexibility. oh well! But CMFI also serves as the base for the mod due to the numerous nations available. Thank you BFC.

ON MY PLATE...

1. try to create the MAS36 rifle

2. I asked a buddy to make the MAS 38 SMG

3. make the French canteen and finish all gear for French

4. tweak the German heer tunics, remove frozen meat button loop ribbons, etc.

5. Adrian helmet badge

6. Char B1 Bis camo

7. make some tiny teaser scenarios for folks to try against the AI

PM ME IF YOU WANT IN ON THE "FUN"...!

Edited by kohlenklau

The circuits are jammed with the volume of incoming calls! YEAH, RIGHT!!! :D

I think only a few of my buddies are following this and that is bloody good enough for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, it took me 4 rum and cokes to get this damn helmet badge to even show up properly.

Alpha layers act up awful and the entire helmet just vanishes.

I will try again tomorrow to clean it up and blend it in.... and a poco mas grande

ZuAnzCp.png

Edited by kohlenklau

7 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

The circuits are jammed with the volume of incoming calls! YEAH, RIGHT!!! :D

I think only a few of my buddies are following this and that is bloody good enough for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, it took me 4 rum and cokes to get this damn helmet badge to even show up properly.

Alpha layers act up awful and the entire helmet just vanishes.

I will try again tomorrow to clean it up and blend it in.... and a poco mas grande

ZuAnzCp.png

Dont need to do it is finish, I work always for myself in darkness like the truck !

now working on the chinstrap !

RPyAg79.jpg

Edited by JM Stuff

4 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Right now the "France 1940 Mod Team" is me and @Falaise and @JM Stuff.

Ebook The Three Musketeers por Alexandre Dumas - 7Switch

I lke your Idea D Artagnan, but to be complet we need a fourth person, @Suchy for his knowledge, @laurent 22 for his talent...others that we don t know ? but can play with theirs cloaks and swords...just dont count to me to represent Porthos I dont have the statue for this...