HOW TO MAKE A BIG MOD (TEST DUMMY LOG)

kohlenklau

I want to test if this works in the forum to post a googlemaps streetview link...

edit: well, it opens after you click it. So, not bad I guess.

This is (part of) the road of the LSSAH's progress into France in May 1940.

https://www.google.com/maps/@46.3199175,3.3554676,3a,75y,271.55h,71.24t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAin39fUyWtf33CCsIB08zw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Edited by kohlenklau

Salut phil

The French army of 1940 just like the one that existed until 1990 is an army of conscripts (I was myself in the 51st regiment de transmission)
military service was compulsory and all defense concept rested on this conscription.
In 1940 the notion of elite troop was reserved for the "Chasseurs", of the Foreign Legion La Coloniale and to a certain extent every the " Regiment d'Afrique")
infantry regiments were supposed to be all of the same level
I think the Italians with their rigidity most resemble what the French units has been
the blue and conscript level seems ideal to me with an occasional "regular"
officers have a level of zero to -2

I have this now using Blender mod of the American ammo belt's position mixed with the art of the Soviet rifle pouch.

I will find a metal rivet to add to the art and maybe move both up a little in Blender to conceal the gap between the straps and the belt...

cN46rv4.png

Edited by kohlenklau

8 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I have this now using Blender mod of the American ammo belt's position mixed with the art of the Soviet rifle pouch.

I will find a metal rivet to add to the art and maybe move both up a little in Blender to conceal the gap between the straps and the belt...

cN46rv4.png

Good looking approximatively like I did for the Romanians, last year.

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

Tres tres tres bien.

Can you please send rough dimensions in metric? No hurry.

I will do my very best!

width 15cm height 12.50 cm thickness 4 cm

bien the normal map

as soon as i have all the elements i redo to france poland brazil👍

OK, the leather texture is soon to come but I have found the seed that will eventually be the "Falaise Memorial Cartridge Belt"...

I am a Blender hacker amateur pinball machine tilter. But I keep trying. I did try my own custom 3D shape and it had an error so I tried my other trick which is to successfully open a BFC mdr and THEN sneak in what I want and export it usually successfully. That still was giving me errors. So, I resorted to going "mdr shopping" for an exisiting gear that seemed about what I needed. It came from the "british_breadbag" so I called it for now the "frenchy_breadbag". This is only because I try to stay with same number of letters.  british is 7 letters and so is frenchy.

I have made the leather texture from Falaise's photos but now must rework it.

Here it is before...not perfect but I was gonna try to use it as version 1.

BYwUA7Z.png

Notice this below official mdr for the original british_breadbag is kinda lower quality with those gaps showing when rendered. Maybe somebody's kid did it.

The center heart is where I tried to dial the dimensions to be what Falaise told me. Blender kinda rounds it slightly different versus what I entered.

ktOLMHo.png

Edited by kohlenklau

7 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

OK, the leather texture is soon to come but I have found the seed that will eventually be the "Falaise Memorial Cartridge Belt"...

I am a Blender hacker amateur pinball machine tilter. But I keep trying. I did try my own custom 3D shape and it had an error so I tried my other trick which is to successfully open a BFC mdr and THEN sneak in what I want and export it usually successfully. That still was giving me errors. So, I resorted to going "mdr shopping" for an exisiting gear that seemed about what I needed. It came from the "british_breadbag" so I called it for now the "frenchy_breadbag". This is only because I try to stay with same number of letters.  british is 7 letters and so is frenchy.

I have made the leather texture from Falaise's photos but now must rework it.

Here it is before...not perfect but I was gonna try to use it as version 1.

BYwUA7Z.png

Notice this below official mdr for the original british_breadbag is kinda lower quality with those gaps showing when rendered. Maybe somebody's kid did it.

The center heart is where I tried to dial the dimensions to be what Falaise told me. Blender kinda rounds it slightly different versus what I entered.

ktOLMHo.png

I love really your determination and  obstination to do your best, this mod could be one of your best, this one could be also a step to created perhaps 39 with Poland like Falaise was talking shortly about, and 36 in Spain,...ok perhaps a little too much...need only very old vehicles,  and simple weapons... hold down Phill, if I can do something tell me, this will not perhaps be perfect but perhaps this help you a little to breathe.