What do we know about Charles the programmer?

1 hour ago, Simcoe said:

Has he ever given an interview or posted in the forums? Does Steve keep him locked in the basement? So many questions.

Locked in a basement? My dear sweet summer child. All the old timers here know Steve keeps Charles head in a jar.

23 hours ago, womble said:

Some say that before his brain was relocated into the jar, he could crack walnuts with his butt cheeks.

Some say that viewing his code without sunglasses leads to permanent eyesight damage, due to its brilliance.

We only know that he's "The brain in a jar!"

Yes Jeremy 👍.  Clarkson for anyone wondering.

• 3 months later...

I got to know Charles Moylan, well not personally but by name, in the days of his Achtung Spitfire! (1997), Over the Reich (1996), and Flight Commander 2 (1994). I knew that he founded Battlefront... and then lost track because at the time, I was not interested in land warfare. I was wondering what he is doing currently and now I know thanks to this thread. So he is still at Battlefront and programming... Looks like he does not talk much. Does he read the forums?

I was a great fan of Flight Commander 2 and there had been nothing near to it in 30 years! I have ever dreamt of a new Flight Commander by Charles. Even with no new functionalities or graphics, but just an adaptation of the program and user interface for current operating systems and modern screens. But I don't think it's ever going to happen taking into account the workload on Combat Mission for the individual and professional markets, and also the fact that tactical air-to-air combat sims/games is a very small niche. On the other hand, if you don't dream about something, how can it happen?

An article about Charles, Steve and Battlefront (2013!): https://www.polygon.com/features/2013/1/29/3916154/turn-by-turn-battlefront-combat-mission

We live in a time where cloning appears to be happening, I say, lets get a "Go fund me" started. 

What should we say. I think we need a minimum of 3 more Charles for the first batch. see how they work out and then go from there.

Not sure if it matters if they are "In the Jar" version or not!

🤔 😈

• 4 weeks later...