Combat photography: Photos from the front..

29 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

Also, @Mr.X those were my first casualties for SS Regt 22.  They actually stopped to aid friends and then got hit by two incoming arty rounds.  The two guys laying behind the tracks, also didn't fare well...

Nearby their escape they have died...tragic fate for them 😉

2 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

i've never noticed the 'lens' artifacts before like in the first pic in-game before.   in a real photograph  each of those 'ghost' circles represents one glass lens element in the camera lens as light goes through it at a non-perfect angle- if that makes any sense.  cool to see that the game reproduces this,  it's another touch that adds to the overall realism.

I think you can even turn on/off the lens flare effect!

8 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

12.png

14.png

15.png

Combat-Mission-Final-Blitzkrieg-Screensh

4 solid shots- my favorite would be the last one with the tank riders,  really good composition  of the wedge or 'spearhead'  thrusting forward. i also like that all of the added color of the faces is concentrated in the mass of tank riders- it really draws the eye.  damn, i wish this one was mine...  wouldn't disown the others, either.

cheers,

rob

2 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

4 solid shots- my favorite would be the last one with the tank riders,  really good composition  of the wedge or 'spearhead'  thrusting forward. i also like that all of the added color of the faces is concentrated in the mass of tank riders- it really draws the eye.  damn, i wish this one was mine...  wouldn't disown the others, either.

cheers,

rob

Thanks Rob.  I really liked these too.  Once again, and agreeing with all you have said before, there is nothing like CM in how it really can give you a visceral sense of history like no other game precisely because of being literally able to dissect every part of those one minute segments almost infinitely.

Usually, my pics come from me pausing the game at some moment and then finding shots from all over the battle field at precisely that moment.  You'll see that a lot of mine have no time progression but are all just shots from way different angles, perspectives, and locations but all at that one moment of time.

I think the tank rider pic is definitely one of my all time favs so far. :)

21 minutes ago, NPye said:

Special Report From The front: Autumn 1944.

RwkH1k.png

Rwkpza.png

RwkzfH.png

Rwkmqq.png

Got some rail cranes, Cheers JM Stuff.

RwkKCQ.png

Belgium Autumnal City map.

Rwke01.png

Found a way of making deep trenches...

do you sleep???    seriously- not only new maps and mods (deep trenches...take my money!!!), but really good screenshots, too. 

good stuff.

cheers,

rob

1 minute ago, quakerparrot67 said:

do you sleep???    seriously- not only new maps and mods (deep trenches...take my money!!!), but really good screenshots, too. 

good stuff.

cheers,

rob

Lol no don't sleep much, keeps me busy, hate sitting around doing nothing...

6 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

love it!  makes some other cm (bn,fi,) not look so good anymore,lol. spending all my time on the ostfront, lately. and thanks- it helps to have a good environment to shoot.

Awesome bud cheers, those last screens thats Stalingrad init???

2 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

I LOVE all of these!!!  Totally the "right there" moment.  I especially love the last two.  Just excellent!!

aw, shucks, cap'n....

thank you.    i've been  happier with some of my more recent shots lately  and those 2  i was pretty proud of.    they were only possible because mr. pye's invisible floors let me shoot upward from beneath the subject . i might have to start looking for more situations that can give a lower vantage point than our usual "camera 1"  level.   also really liking the way zooming in gives the same 'flattening ' effect between near and far objects as a telephoto lens-   useful  for more 'graphic design'  type composed shots,  as well as 'bringing everything closer".   fun, fun, fun!

cheers,

rob

7 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

And back to Russia (I mean, c'mon, RT is the best of them all!)...

18.png

Five Days One Summer.

Very difficult to keep a position like this, when you dont stop the game to take a screenshot,... most of the time you dont see nothing more and fall in water with your camera, and asking you what what happened ! 😄

Cheers