Combat photography: Photos from the front..

9 hours ago, danfrodo said:

I am not particularly religious, but I am hoping that if there is a heaven it looks like this.  😀   CM, guitar and football, all the time.  Oh, wait, chance of me going to heaven?  Zero.  I am guessing hell has world of tanks, autotune, and syncronized swimming.

Me too!  Except for the sports thing.  I pay zero attention.  Haha!  However, I have a black Gibson SG, but my LOVE is my Fender American Professional Tele.  Once a Tele takes hold of you there is nothing else.  I mean, it's just perfect.  Vox amp, Rat Distortion, Big Muff and an analog delay.  Yesssss....  And I play, uhhh, a lot of CM. :)

Trust me, all the maps are very atmospheric like this.  @quakerparrot67  Most of the effects in this batch are just the heavy fog of the map itself and nothing else!  I start way back and then zoom in to get that soft distance effect.    

Edited by Phantom Captain

21 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

Love these.  You really capture the golden hour in these.  Is it natural or are you messing with the lighting somehow?  Regardless, these are really cool.

wow, thanks!  no messing with the light, they're all just straight out of the game.   i was showing these to my wife ealier, and she mentioned the low, northern winter light. she kinda gets why i like the game so much, lol.

cheers,

rob

1 hour ago, Phantom Captain said:

Me too!  Except for the sports thing.  I pay zero attention.  Haha!  However, I have a black Gibson SG, but my LOVE is my Fender American Professional Tele.  Once a Tele takes hold of you there is nothing else.  I mean, it's just perfect.  Vox amp, Rat Distortion, Big Muff and an analog delay.  Yesssss....  And I play, uhhh, a lot of CM. :)

Trust me, all the maps are very atmospheric like this.  @quakerparrot67  Most of the effects in this batch are just the heavy fog of the map itself and nothing else!  I start way back and then zoom in to get that soft distance effect.    

dang, I should've known you were a Vox & tele guy, that explains a lot, in a good way 😀.  I am with ya on the tele.  I don't have an actual tele but two of my guitars you wouldn't know weren't teles from the sound.  AC15, mix of good & cheap pedals -- just picked up a nice keeley compression pedal.  No wah wah in your rig?  for shame, how does one get super funky w/o the wah?  I picked up a vox bobcat s66 a year ago.  Super cool vintage sound. 

Black SG.  So you have gone through an Angus Young phase, I presume?

Now I just need more dang time for CM.  All day computer simulation work fries my brain so it's hard to do more simulation ,even for fun, most nights.  Steve's new post promises lots of new stuff this year and I have only scratched the surface of all the new RT content from Satan's Most Exalted Minion, GeorgeMC.  He's killin' me!  I gotta play smarter when I play his battles.

On 1/29/2023 at 6:49 PM, Phantom Captain said:

Hmmm.  I am not really at liberty to say.  Consider it a glimpse of things to come.  I'm playing this one against the AI.

I DO have 4 PBEMs going currently (and always), one RT, one FB, one FI and one CW!  

Great Screenshots Captain 👍🏻😎

The maps belong to the upcoming „Tiger Trail“ Campaign.

Sorry for the self-satisfied promotion ☺️

Regards

Mr.X

7 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

i love them coming out of the smoke to spirit him away...

Thanks, let the IFV pop smoke give them a screen and let them move to contact. The Red Units usually don't put up much of a fight then. All your pictures are great too by the way.

Beautiful, I still enjoy Vanilla but I can adjust the buttpacks with the squeeze tool during editing lol. Russians may like it to have their butts squeezed. Thought up another good caption Gorillas in the Mist but keep it to Fog of War.

Edited by chuckdyke

Bringing it back to our "reality" here...  Apologies for another temporal vortex.  The combat photographer focus struggle is real. :)

I just had to share this one.  From @Mr.X's awesome battles.  This crack sniper carried the responsibility of defending the entire company on his shoulders alone.  His stats speak volumes.  His entire fight was a whole micro story in itself and he was all over the map helping out when needed.  It was just epic.  Iron Cross candidate for sure.

Combat-Mission-Red-Thunder-Screenshot-20

Edited by Phantom Captain

On 1/30/2023 at 7:53 AM, Erwin said:

Speaking of mods for CMFI, anyone got some good terrain/building mods.  I thought I had just about every mod made, but I cannot now find anything for CMFI buildings and terrain.  

all i have is this 'all in one'-

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ni07dhohcfmrtf8/CMFI_Updated_%27All_in_One%27.7z/file

cheers,

rob

14 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

Bringing it back to our "reality" here...  Apologies for another temporal vortex.  The combat photographer focus struggle is real. :)

I just had to share this one.  From @Mr.X's awesome battles.  This crack sniper carried the responsibility of defending the entire company on his shoulders alone.  His stats speak volumes.  His entire fight was a whole micro story in itself and he was all over the map helping out when needed.  It was just epic.  Iron Cross candidate for sure.

Combat-Mission-Red-Thunder-Screenshot-20

and he receives this praise while disappearing into his environment, scope and attention locked on his target...

cheers,

rob