Combat photography: Photos from the front..

4 hours ago, FlammenwerferX said:

this one is what they call the decisive moment8.png

i gotta 'like' anyone who quotes ( paraphrases, whatever...) henri cartier bresson-  one of my favorite photographers!    also,  great shot the reference is tied to,  phantom captain.

cheers,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

19 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

here's a few recent dispatches- coments, critiques welcome.

pm1v9R5xp

potmEKJap

pmB06GPSp

pmKrmhTgp

po8G1dh9p

pm7WpNufp

pnhKRRcgp

pnUPNS8Np

pn3nZcCVp

pnSiTH8Zp

poDzB0hJp

pmjLafSTp

pmreYNL8p

cheers,

rob

I really dig these.  Especially the first couple of the 88mm crew in all the vegetation.  It is very reminiscent of true combat photographer pics.  The "being right there".  You can almost feel and hear it.  Those are my favorite pics usually.

The fifth of the Soviet soldier in Berlin is good too but he does look almost like a zombie per se.  Haha!  I guess all the soldiers by the time of Berlin's fall were pretty zombie-ish in reality though.

I absolutely adore the pics of city fighting a la @NPye's mod.  These all look so gritty and harsh and brutal.  i think they totally capture the feel of the fall of Berlin.  I love all the rusty and broken civilian vehicles in addition to the destroyed and rusted out armor.  I think my favorites are the last three of the soldiers around the train. 

You do a really good job of capturing the embedded photographer perspective.

Great stuff and keep em coming!

Edited by Phantom Captain

5 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

Rosy fingered dawn.

Combat-Mission-Red-Thunder-Screenshot-20

13.png

12.png

another good set of pix there, cap'n.  the silhouetted firefly against the dawn sky is definitely a keeper , plus the 'buddy aid' shot and, well, all of them really.  

i've never noticed the 'lens' artifacts before like in the first pic in-game before.   in a real photograph  each of those 'ghost' circles represents one glass lens element in the camera lens as light goes through it at a non-perfect angle- if that makes any sense.  cool to see that the game reproduces this,  it's another touch that adds to the overall realism.

thank you for the comments and compliments, it's good to see someone coming from the same direction with their pics  as well.   that 'you are there' feeling is what i'm usually trying for-  getting right down in the middle of the action.   i do a bit of street photography, so i kinda try for the same sort of shots in the game.   t.b.h., one of the things i like most about the game is the ability to use it as a 'wwii photo-safari',  choosing and framing  my shots from just about any angle or position- plus  the fact that paused  in the middle of a battle there are so many things happening all over the map at that one instant  and an infinite number of views you can capture  for each one.... it's just amazing, especially when you get an environment like npye's berlin.  it doesn't look 'photorealistic', but the way it looks can  'feel'  surprisingly   'real' like a good illustration or animated film rather than a video game. .  an amazing tool to help visualize history, as well as a hell of a lot of fun!

cheers,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

@ quakerparrot67:

"anyone want to organize it?" ... YOU !!! 😜

Joke 😉  

We could open a new Topic like "Tournament Screenshots of the Year 2023", where everybocy could place his 

favorite screenshot and at the end of the year, the most liked one gets the Trophy.

Regards

Mr.X

Edited by Mr.X

46 minutes ago, Mr.X said:

@ quakerparrot67:

"anyone want to organize it?" ... YOU !!! 😜

Joke 😉  

We could open a new Topic like "Tournament Screenshots of the Year 2023", where everybocy could place his 

favorite screenshot and at the end of the year, the most liked one gets the Trophy.

Regards

Mr.X

I'm in.  I can open a thread like that on the general page and explain it all.  I think the board is pretty used to me posting screenies.  Hehe.

Also, @Mr.X those were my first casualties for SS Regt 22.  They actually stopped to aid friends and then got hit by two incoming arty rounds.  The two guys laying behind the tracks, also didn't fare well...