How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

2 hours ago, Peregrine said:

At about 1:13 you can see what looks like hand movement at the edge of the covered part of the trench. It looks the same as Ukrainian Rambo with one guy moving around fighting and another a little tucked away.

That's why he's not phased by mere 30mm and RPG (?) fires at his position, he has his buddy the 'trench keeper' with plenty of loaded weapons and ammo.  

4 hours ago, fireship4 said:

Surely Chechnya would become iffy if he kicked the bucket...

and

Dear The War Zone, thank you for a picture on which we can base our future tracer mods, compensating of course for the camera exposure, which we will glean from metadata, and that right soon:

Video available in the article: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/incredible-video-of-soldier-in-ukrainian-trench-totally-unfazed-by-withering-fire

I was very sad to read on twitter, that a longer version of this clip excists where this brave soldier is killed later on. There was no link so I hope it is not true.

37 minutes ago, Pete Wenman said:

Now that is an amazing resource!

Obviously just seeing wrecks tells an incomplete story, but there is so much information in there. Very nice find man!

In RU, an unusual development is now taking place. According to RU news, an 80-man sabotage gang from Ukraine invaded RU territory in the Bryansk region. They may have targeted a civilian vehicle or a school bus. The  driver was shot and a girl was injured (maybe mortally or not). They then reached Sushany village and kidnapped a number of people (maybe up to 100 in the village with total population 180). Oh, well

This incident is noteworthy because it produces larger-than-usual shockwaves. There have been reports of limited civilian panic in the area. RU Nats are also shocked. It's the first time I've seen them so agitated.

[update]

The facts appear to be as follows: a number of armed individuals (most likely a couple of dozens) opened fire on a civilian car carrying a guy who was driving three children to the school bus. They shot the driver, then engaged in a shootout with the police (or another paramilitary force), after which the attackers fled to the village and occupied a house, holding a family hostage

Edited by Grigb

And now, video from suspected attackers is being circulated on RU channels. 

https://t.me/milinfolive/97541

They say they are Russian Voluntary Corps [AFU unit] that finally crossed the border to invade RU.

[UPDATE] There are RU claims [I did not check them yet] it is the same organization that claimed responsibility for assassination of Dugin daughter (former RU politician Oleg Ponomorev exiled in UKR). 

Edited by Grigb

Just now, Pete Wenman said:

Good to see you back, hope things are all ok with you and yours

P

Thanks. I am ok, just too busy trying to deal with everything becasue the situation is still not good, and it will not improve. But we have a plan and are waiting for an opportunity.

47 minutes ago, Grigb said:

n RU, an unusual development is now taking place. According to RU news, an 80-man sabotage gang from Ukraine invaded RU territory in the Bryansk region. They may have targeted a civilian vehicle or a school bus. The  driver was shot and a girl was injured (maybe mortally or not). They then reached Sushany village and kidnapped a number of people (maybe up to 100 in the village with total population 180).

This has "RF provocation" written all over it. It looks like mini-Bieslan scenario, tailor made to make Russian public go crazy.

11 minutes ago, Maciej Zwolinski said:

This has "RF provocation" written all over it. It looks like mini-Bieslan scenario, tailor made to make Russian public go crazy.

Muscovite narrations remind of old Chechen terrorist attacks- various members of Duma are racing who is more outraged. "Poles attack", "finally liquidate Zelensky and start bombing Kiyv directly" (Delyagin), "send missiles to Rzeszów and firm signall to NATO ;) " (Zatullin).

What a bunch of shmacks. But situation looks strange, note that mentioning of hostages mainly appear in pro-Kremlin narrations.

Also consequences of attack on Tuapse rafinnery- it seems dornes did more damage than usually to this type of objects.

Edited by Beleg85

26 minutes ago, Maciej Zwolinski said:

Exactly. It looks like a cover for something really big.

Yet there is an twist: the Russian media response is erratic, Putin canceled/postponed an emergency NatSec meeting, and the attackers appear to be indeed from that unit.

[UPDATE] There are reports there were two groups. One group opened fire on a civilian car. The second (from the video) entered the village, took videos, and then departed.

[UPDATE2] RU claims UKR troops left RU territory. No sounds of gunfight. 

Edited by Grigb

Whoever they are, they all look like they are fresh from the outfitter and drycleaner, down to the brand new yellow tape.

If they really are the volunteer corps, they must know they aren't getting out right? It just seems like it would be a useless demonstration at this point.

Edited by Offshoot

10 minutes ago, CHEqTRO said:

The raid does seem real thought, atleast one of the participants on the video has already been recognized as a member of the real "Russian Volunter Corps".

My question now honestly is wether they acted with or withouth the Kyiv government consent...

Yup, also regular UA channels shared these videos- and it puts Kremlin in rather uncomfortable light if they managed to get away.

If it was indeed Russian Volunteer Corps, I doubt they acted on their own:

1. It's very, very strictly supervised group of folks. They are more vouched by SBU than probably any other formation fighting on Ukrainian side. It was always stated in numerous interviews with these guys; also note they stopped hiding their faces for the first time.

2.I find it highly improbable they would be able to mount platon-sized operation behind enemy lines on their own without knowledge from Ukrainian command. It takes a lot of time and resources to prepare such attack.

So yeah, it seems attack itself is real (not the hostage taking, though).

Presently, I'm leaning toward the UKR SBU crashing the FSB False Flag operation. The FSB was planning a false flag terror attack, but the supposed perpetrators were double agents, and the SBU took advantage of the situation to perform a zero-casulaties raid.