How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

Attacks on Sevastapol percolated through to the BBC. It would appear that the Russians are claiming that British Special Forces were involved and it, along with the Nord Stream pipeline attacks, were all part of an evil British plot. Those perfidious Brits, what will they think of next? I wonder if the MoD and SIS realise they are running the world?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63437212

37 minutes ago, Huba said:

Video from the suicide drones that attacked Sevastopol today. Amazing footage:

Not sure I really see much damage being done in these videos... seems it might have been a failed attack? Especially the last video of the drone ship under fire somewhere at sea with no target in sight.

By failed attack, I mean that most of the drones didn't get through, not that there was no damage done at all.

Edited by Bulletpoint

New article posted today from Oryx. Comparison on how many western military vehicles have been sent to Ukraine and how many have been visually confirmed destroyed/captured. I was surprised at some of the numbers of delivered equipment, more apc's than I had thought and a couple other things.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/10/how-is-russia-faring-against-nato.html

RUMINT as if from BSF HQ sources, but. of course, unverified (maybe more realistic variation of Gerashcheno's info)

Зображення

Result of combined UKR attack:

- frigate "Admiral Makarov" - in result of several USV hits damaged both superstructures, radar equipment knoked out, damged fire control system and communication system. There are some wounded among watches

- cargo ship damaged, probably half-submerged

- the boat sunk, either Serna-class landing craft, or missile boat of Molniya-class (pr.1241, NATO Tarantul class)

- minesweeper "Ivan Golubets" (pr.266M, NATO Natya-class) damaged, the burning is continuing on it

- surface damages got large landing ship and some auxiliary vessels

Edited by Haiduk

9 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Not sure I really see much damage being done in these videos... seems it might have been a failed attack? Especially the last video of the drone ship under fire somewhere at sea with no target in sight.

By failed attack, I mean that most of the drones didn't get through, not that there was no damage done at all.

At least two drones had a contact with frigate (on the video they approached сlose), so inflictaed damage.

Edited by Haiduk

1 minute ago, Haiduk said:

At least two drones had a contact with frigate (on the video they approached сlose), so inflictaed damage.

I think it's difficult to see on the video if they got close enough to touch the ship before the video cuts off.. It looks to me like the video ends with some distance left. Could be that some of the drone ships were destroyed at close range?

In any case, I guess the aim of the operation was not just to cause light damage but to sink some of these ships, and that didn't seem to have been successful unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

I guess the aim of the operation was not just to cause light damage but to sink some of these ships, and that didn't seem to have been successful unfortunately.

If "Admiral Makarov" reallay got damages of radar as recognized Russians, that it took out this ship from the game for long time. 

There are no shooting at drones, attacked in the darkness, so they 99,9% had contact 

Edited by Haiduk

45 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

if these could sneak into Sevastopol harbor, they could´ve well sneaked to Cherson bridge as well.

They could do the Kerch bridge footings with something like that.  There are already ocean drones that dive for samples- something similar could dislodge footings at their base.

@sburke

Lt.colonel of police, Denis Lazutin, commander of OMON operative company "Smerch" of Samara oblast. Killed on 7th of Sep in Balakliya. Probably he also was a commander of combined detachment of SOBR and OMON forces form Samara ob;ast and Bashkiria Repuplic, which claimed about their "last stand" in Balakliya during UKR offensive