How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

14 minutes ago, Beleg85 said:

Hey guys! Finally after 3 weeks offline (covid) I have an occassion to come back to this glorious thread...and I instantly find several pages of people talking about their favourite winter socks and shoes. What the hell?😉

A lot of things in this war changed in those 3 weeks, more than in last several months actually...

1.Ukrainians are seriously kicking Russians assess - as predicted in this forum.

2.Putin's mobilization is going as predicted as well, i.e. resembling slow, painful and pathetic road of Tsarist fleet of Rozdhestvensky to Japan, expecting probably similar fate- of long farce ending in short drama.

3. I see Russians Nats still didn't rebell but need tampons to dry their tears every day...We are at the stage Russians apparently even lacks vatnik clothes for winter, which sounds like satire.

Things seem to be very promising...did I miss something? 😎

Oh, btw interesting video:

I was wondering where you went, I missed your insightful philosophical perspective.

Glad to hear you got better. 😁

9 minutes ago, Beleg85 said:

Hey guys! Finally after 3 weeks offline (covid) I have an occassion to come back to this glorious thread...and I instantly find several pages of people talking about their favourite winter socks and shoes. What the hell?😉

A lot of things in this war changed in those 3 weeks, more than in last several months actually...

1.Ukrainians are seriously kicking Russians assess - as predicted in this forum.

2.Putin's mobilization is going as predicted as well, i.e. resembling slow, painful and pathetic road of Tsarist fleet of Rozdhestvensky to Japan, expecting probably similar fate- of long farce ending in short drama.

3. I see Russians Nats still didn't rebell but need tampons to dry their tears every day...We are at the stage Russians apparently even lacks vatnik clothes for winter, which sounds like satire.

Things seem to be very promising...did I miss something? 😎

Oh, btw interesting video:

Hi, welcome back!  You summarized it pretty well. Theres also the increasing nuclear scare that spices it all up ;)

Oh, and there's an evening Rybar. It's hard to say how up to date the map really is, but this quote says it all in my opinion:

On the morning and afternoon of October 5, Ukrainian formations intend to continue a simultaneous attack on Mylovoe , Borozenskoye , Bezvodnoye , Karlo-Marxovskoye and Bruskinskoye to reach Berislav and Novaya Kakhovka .

20221004210849-a221d6d4.jpg

5 hours ago, Artkin said:

I believe the main issue will be in Kherson area, where you have these large farm fields. Cold air coming in from the Black Sea should dump much more snow than you'll find in the North. I bet you the winds are brutal down there, and the fields will have snow walls on the end, 3m tall.

I think it's the other way around? The cold dry air comes from the north,  hits the "warmer"  (relatively) and moister air from off the Black Sea,  and hey presto snow. Generally large bodies of water are warmer than equivalent land areas. 

The immediate coast will be snowy but comparatively wet and thinner, with the heavier levels a bit further inland.  

A general overview of Ukraines climatology.  Note the temp increase over the last decade.  In 10 years its possible there'll be no snow on the coast for a lot of the winter, I suspect. Even here in Toronto there's markedly less snow over the winter as a whole than when I first came here on 2009.

Edited by Kinophile

44 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Photos with vertlical glow in the night sky, seen in several Russian cities, posted here recently, can be a work of some newest Russian optical system Peresvet - unknown device, which allegedly can blind sattelites on orbites up to 1,5 km to foil the tracking for mobile strategic missiles launchers routes. And on the video above we can see moving Topol-M

Here is video from Belgorod

Peresvet complex

Боевой лазерный комплекс Пересвет перевод из походного в боевое положение.jpg

Боевой лазерный комплекс Пересвет в походном положении.jpg

Hmmmmmmm

23 minutes ago, Harmon Rabb said:

I was wondering where you went, I missed your insightful philosophical perspective.

Glad to hear you got better. 😁

Thanks mate, appreciating. They took my phone at hospital so I needed to convince one nurse (golden woman, God bless her) to bring me fresh detailed news from the front every day for a week.😉

25 minutes ago, Huba said:

Hi, welcome back!  You summarized it pretty well. Theres also the increasing nuclear scare that spices it all up ;)

Oh, I read lone Topol missile launcher is reportedly making rounds at the streets of Moscow to show Putin is not joking. Which looks like he is in fact joking...😎 But even his speech (yes, that one with LGBT satanists) was as we can tell relatively nuke-free. Ok, maybe I will leave a topic as it was probably talked here many times already.

10 minutes ago, Beleg85 said:

Ok, maybe I will leave a topic as it was probably talked here many times already.

Beaten to death, revived, beaten again, returned as a zombie... Yeah, let's keep away from it :D

Meanwhile, both Rybar and other channels mention UA activity in the southern part of Kherson , near Posad Pokrovske. Combined with alleged retreat from Snihurivka, this means that the southern grouping will be in huge trouble very soon too. Tomorrow will be a very interesting day - either we'll see Russians man and hold the pre-prepared secondary (tertiary?) line, or there will be a total collapse of the whole western bank. I expect my productivity at work to be rather negligible :D

Edit: and more good news - not confirmed from now, but I understand the source is telegram of one RU brigades:

Edited by Huba

4 hours ago, acrashb said:

First, congratulations on your Escape From Buffalo (soon to be in a theatre near you starring Wyatt Russell).

Second, it isn't the lake, it's being downwind from the lake.  The wind picks up moisture from Lake Ontario and dumps it on Buffalo.  I live upwind from that lake, and our climate is indeed moderated by it - we certainly get snow, but not like in Buffalo or even a bit North / West of here.

Interestingly,  the prevailing wind direction in Toronto is W--> NE.  We do get snow dumps but I personally definitely notice when the wind is from the N/NE. 

14 minutes ago, Beleg85 said:

Thanks mate, appreciating. They took my phone at hospital so I needed to convince one nurse (golden woman, God bless her) to bring me fresh detailed news from the front every day for a week.😉

Oh, I read lone Topol missile launcher is reportedly making rounds at the streets of Moscow to show Putin is not joking. Which looks like he is in fact joking...😎 But even his speech (yes, that one with LGBT satanists) was as we can tell relatively nuke-free. Ok, maybe I will leave a topic as it was probably talked here many times already.

Still,  it's good to track movements of the enemy. 

3 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Who knows what the truth is here.. But I think if they really started pulling out hundreds (?) of people's gold teeth, I think they wouldn't just put them in a plastic box and forget about them... Even if they didn't manage to flee, you'd expect that gold to be found stuffed away hidden in their belongings somewhere.

Jesus, this stuff that keeps coming out from liberated lands is like from horror. But it is unfortunatelly very probable. There is a dog-tag of UA soldier in the video that seems fishy, but most of golden teeths were probably taken from older civilians, as golden dents were (and sometimes still are) popular in post-soviet countries. Russians could try to hide their trophies before leaving; they could also be common criminals- I wouldn't be surprised if organized crime would flourish in occupied territories.

They don't blow up the ammo dumps, they don't disable their abandoned vehicles, they don't bother coordinating withdrawals, they don't blow up equipment that would give Ukraine big advantages, their camps look like **** most of the time, I find it entirely reasonable they forgot a box of gold teeth in their haste to run. 

They don't even deny their actions are horrid, some of the crimes have as evidence social media postings from the accused. 

Captured "Kadyrovtsy" items from the 141st Special Motorized Regiment "North" / "Akhmat Kadyrov" of the Rosgvardia 46th Separate Operational Brigade in the Kherson region.  Includes a Shtat for a "3rd Patrol Company" from one of the Regiment's special motorized battalions:

Also 3 Urals, 1 Tigr and 2 UAZs.

Edited by akd

In today's on-the-record Pentagon briefing, they confirmed that the precision 155 mm rounds are Excalibur:

as well as 500 M982 Excalibur precision-guided rounds

https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/3179784/himars-excalibur-rounds-headed-for-ukraine-in-625-million-security-assistance-p/

Also in this briefing,  Laura Cooper said they reason they are not providing Ukrainian weapons via Lend-Lease was because that mechanism requires Ukraine pay for any damages to equipment.

10 hours ago, FancyCat said:

Looks like Russia being the source of the pipeline sabotage is advancing. NS1 flows were not sanctioned and had only stopped flowing due to Russian "maintenance". NS2 was deliberately stopped by Germany as a sanction against Russia for launching the invasion of Ukraine.

If Germany folds and reallows NS2 to become operational, it would effectively divide the Western aalliance

I don't think that's going to happen. No one trusts a word Putin and Gazprom say. But even if "it would effectively divide the Western alliance." is dramatizing it a bit too much. Before the war it would have been NS2 in addition to NS1, now it would just be a replacement.

If you are concerned about the unity of the western alliance, you should instead have a word with PiS who had the weird sense of humor to just now demand 1.3 trillion € as reparations for WW2. At the very least the timing sucks...

3 minutes ago, Butschi said:

If you are concerned about the unity of the western alliance, you should instead have a word with PiS who had the weird sense of humor to just now demand 1.3 trillion € as reparations for WW2. At the very least the timing sucks...

Exactly to ask compensation from people who had absolutely nothing to do with it is to put it mildly absolutely ridiculous. Hypothetically, asking compensation for crimes a family member committed will be thrown out of every court.