How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

Just now, chuckdyke said:

You actually know how to play Combat Mission? 

Yes.

Now, back to the questions: Why would we care about that road? What makes it so special that it should appear in a scenario?

What is the point in finding large buildings, when the Ukrainian military are more than capable of finding them themselves?

15 minutes ago, Cederic said:

Why do we care about that road? Why would it appear in a scenario?

Look at the left corner of that second series of screengrabs - these are from that drone footage vid doing it's rounds yesterday with someone burying something along a road, it's the same ditch. I guess people are trying to nail the location. Some speculated it's chemicals, others that we saw sea mines. I didn't see anything conclusive what would it be.

Edit: Found the vid:

Edited by Mindestens
Added video

17 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

I don't think so. Have a nice day. The question tells me enough about your knowledge. Why do people make roads and build structures? 

I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion on war in Ukraine, not a thread for posting arbitrary pictures of roads and buildings for building computer game scenarios.

How foolish of me.

Here, have some scenario fodder that's very relevant to the war at hand - GM-94 grenade launchers need to be part of the standard equipment now.

9 minutes ago, Mindestens said:

Look at the left corner of that second series of screengrabs - these are from that drone footage vid doing it's rounds yesterday with someone burying something along a road, it's the same ditch. I guess people are trying to nail the location. Some speculated it's chemicals, others that we saw sea mines. I didn't see anything conclusive what would it be.

Edit: Found the vid:

This is not chemicals, this is consequences of personnel and vehicles lack in engineer-sapper battalions and regiments. This is spheroid HE charges, which they use to establishing AT dithes

9 minutes ago, Cederic said:

I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion on war in Ukraine, not a thread for posting arbitrary pictures of roads and buildings for building computer game scenarios.

The Thread is Combat Mission Black Sea. I understand they have this discussion to analyze for a future expansion and scenario design. Otherwise, I can't see the sense of this discussion. 

Look: Home, CM2, Combat Mission Black Sea, How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

2 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

I challenge you to back up this assertion with credible documentary sources beyond your 'chat' group.  If not, you are entirely sh*tposting at this point.

"According to researchers, during 1943-1945 about 4.5 million Ukrainians became Red Army soldiers. After June 1944, the Soviet Red Army consisted of almost 40% of Ukrainians. The losses of the Ukrainian people during World War Two account for 40-44% of the total losses of the USSR."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Ukrainian_Front

2 hours ago, Haiduk said:

The area near border crossing point Hoptivka, Kharkiv oblast

One thing I've always asked myself:

What is the current situation on the Ukrainian border crossings with Belarus and Russia, where the counteroffensives pushed right up to the border? Are the crossing points operational in some way, or is this just a front line now?

3 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

What is the current situation on the Ukrainian border crossings with Belarus and Russia, where the counteroffensives pushed right up to the border? Are the crossing points operational in some way, or is this just a front line now?

Interesting question and what surprised me was even on the hostile borders within Ukraine folk are moving across them. The reporting on the Russian attack on Civvies just inside the current Ukraine front line were waiting to cross back to the Russian side to take aid across.

So even in the quiet war zones folks are passing back and forth?

10 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

The border with Belarus is a calm place, there are no clashes there. While on the border with Russia constant shelling.

1 hour ago, chuckdyke said:

The Thread is Combat Mission Black Sea. I understand they have this discussion to analyze for a future expansion and scenario design. Otherwise, I can't see the sense of this discussion. 

Look: Home, CM2, Combat Mission Black Sea, How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

I'll lets others explain the difference between a forum and a thread, and instead look forward to playing the CM scenario "Shoot a propaganda video."

I still don't know why people are trying to find big houses. There are a few near me, I'm not sure it'll help the conversation here to post photographs.

1 minute ago, Cederic said:

I'll lets others explain the difference between a forum and a thread, and instead look forward to playing the CM scenario "Shoot a propaganda video."

Ask Battlefront about their mission statement as a company. I would mention something like. Wargaming through historical research. Research here, unlike WW2, is easier as we are inundated daily with news from the front. As usual deception is clever tactics, so we don't know what is actually true.