Is there a graphics enhancement for the singleplayer mission?

The landscape is disgusting. The soldiers look still poor.

The grass disappears when you move the camera.

The graphics are still as disgusting as before.

It says that I now have mods on in the game. No difference. All graphically disgusting as without mode.I have everything set to the maximum on both the computer and the game.

Huge lines don't look like 4K. I have desktop on 4k.

It doesn't look like a video at all. The game prevents running in 4k that's clear.

Moreover, where is the mod of that country? On the video ?The landscape graphics even steal the grass on the ground and it disappears.

Z

ME Experience (beta 4)

Vehicles

zAfghanistan Mod Pack

Edited by AdamPraha

To be honest my friend - as soon as this thread popped up I thought that you would come away disappointed.  This game is not about the graphics although as everybody who has contributed have pointed out, there are ways of making it better.  If, after all of these steps you still don't like it then you have to accept that you've pretty much pushed the envelope to as good as it gets.  The engine is a few years old and it is designed to me played on both Macs and PCs - this, I am told, imposes some limitations on what is doable.

The bottom line then is that if graphics are a deal breaker then this game isn't for you.  If realism and recreating the experiences of warfare are your thing then it is for you.

5 hours ago, Combatintman said:

The bottom line then is that if graphics are a deal breaker then this game isn't for you.

The guy is a "Scourge of War" player, CLEARLY graphics can't be a dealbreaker with him.

Translation issues do appear to be rendering this thread useless though... I have no idea what the Czech CM community is like but I suspect he will either need to find it or form it.

6 minutes ago, AdamPraha said:

Because it's not written anywhere.👀

What if two creators make the same vehicle? (mod)

I'll put both modes in there, so how do I know which one is on and which one off?

(In other games, therefore, it is always possible to check or turn off the mod.)

It goes alphabetical by file name. Last name's mod wins.

BTW, I think the Steam placement of the Z folder on the last page is wrong. I bet it needs to be in the Data/ folder, not the top level game folder.

On 5/19/2021 at 9:10 AM, AdamPraha said:

The landscape is disgusting. The soldiers look still poor.

The grass disappears when you move the camera.

The graphics are still as disgusting as before.

It says that I now have mods on in the game. No difference. All graphically disgusting as without mode.I have everything set to the maximum on both the computer and the game.

Huge lines don't look like 4K. I have desktop on 4k.

It doesn't look like a video at all. The game prevents running in 4k that's clear.

Moreover, where is the mod of that country? On the video ?The landscape graphics even steal the grass on the ground and it disappears.

Z

ME Experience (beta 4)

Vehicles

zAfghanistan Mod Pack

lol

15 hours ago, 37mm said:

The guy is a "Scourge of War" player, CLEARLY graphics can't be a dealbreaker with him.

Translation issues do appear to be rendering this thread useless though... I have no idea what the Czech CM community is like but I suspect he will either need to find it or form it.

https://ibb.co/nBKS6Py

https://ibb.co/9NVd43m

Thanks to graphic modes and detailed orders, the game is very modern.
Without mods, it wouldn't be good at all.

The graphics are really beautiful in the game with 10 mod.

I'm trying to get and turn on graphics modes to make the game look just as good. It takes some time before I can set the graphics modes correctly. The creators of the mods have made very nice vehicle environments, uniforms and everything.

Unfortunately, it is not shown anywhere whether the mod is functional or not.

So I can't tell if they're on and the graphics still look ugly.

Edited by AdamPraha

2 hours ago, Redwolf said:

It goes alphabetical by file name. Last name's mod wins.

BTW, I think the Steam placement of the Z folder on the last page is wrong. I bet it needs to be in the Data/ folder, not the top level game folder.

Yeah, you were right. I also wanted to try it there later. On your advice, I did it right now and there is already an introductory menu screen and also detailed units and uniforms, as well as other improvements.

Now all I have to do is tweak the details and I got it.

It will be important that the modes do not interfere with each other.

On 5/20/2021 at 4:06 AM, Combatintman said:

To be honest my friend - as soon as this thread popped up I thought that you would come away disappointed.  This game is not about the graphics although as everybody who has contributed have pointed out, there are ways of making it better.  If, after all of these steps you still don't like it then you have to accept that you've pretty much pushed the envelope to as good as it gets.  The engine is a few years old and it is designed to me played on both Macs and PCs - this, I am told, imposes some limitations on what is doable.

The bottom line then is that if graphics are a deal breaker then this game isn't for you.  If realism and recreating the experiences of warfare are your thing then it is for you.

I think this sums it up quite well. We are blessed to have CM in our world, run by a few dedicated fellow grognards  who do it for the love more than the money.

A larger, better-resourced gaming enterprise with a private equity board to answer to would have long ago written off our entire demographic as high maintenance, buy-only-a-couple-of-games-a-year aging white guys.

With that in mind, your observations are factually accurate, and are made in good faith. At some point, BFC will need to update its platform and UI, so it's important they and we keep an eye on what's going on in the wider world of gaming. Forum members (addicts) alone cannot keep the business going.

P.S. I'm plodding along slowly (alpha channels are a huge time suck) on a 'Ramadi (Iraq)' combo mod pack that should make Mideast streetscapes look a lot more 'lived in', insh'allah.

7 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

P.S. I'm plodding along slowly (alpha channels are a huge time suck) on a 'Ramadi (Iraq)' combo mod pack that should make Mideast streetscapes look a lot more 'lived in', insh'allah.

Alhamdulillah...  We high maintenance, buy-only-a-couple-of-games-a-year aging white guy fanatics eagerly await it.  

Edited by Erwin

On 5/18/2021 at 9:20 AM, 37mm said:

Yet you play CM on the highest possible graphical settings... and seemingly do so with no consideration to FPS & smooth gaming.

One could argue that you care too much about graphics.

I agree with you.  I also found that once you set graphics quality above what your system can comfortably handle, then you get things like:

- decreased framerate, of course.

- inconsistent framerate.

- automatic reduction of draw distance.

- inconsistent draw distance, or hickups and redraws.

Though making a case of any of this, or explaining it, is not easy, also because it is all done by the game in the background, without notification. I don't know of a framerate counter in the game itself (only FRAPS etc.), or an indicator that the game is trying to compensate framerate. Now with people using 4k monitors, which require 4x the amount of bandwidth to fill the screen, it seems like a can of worms. I haven't messed with 4k screens myself, on purpose, since I need all my available GPU power already, just to fill the usual 'Full HD' with the few games/sims I use.

PS. I am perfectly content with the graphics. I know when comparing it current  big budget games it won't compare. But these big budget games will again be graphically outdated in the future, it is just a race I don't care for much, since it is good enough for me.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:06 PM, Combatintman said:

https://postimg.cc/3dgnVbTs

https://ibb.co/dMrD8W3

https://postimg.cc/2bGBnhRX

Hi.
I put a photo here. it proves that it works very well. With a complete 4K graphic package, it's perfect graphics with realistic photo explosions like in a movie.

You can't stop playing with such graphics. 

This should be made a mandatory part of the game's graphical update.😉

And this is my good idea and advice for you.

With my regards

Edited by AdamPraha