Is there a graphics enhancement for the singleplayer mission?

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-shock-force-2/cmsf2-scenery/afghanistan-mod-pack-for-cmsf2/

I don't understand why it's only for the editor.

The player does not need any. He needs the graphics improved in his dlc and his singlepayer game.

I have an old strategy with perfect graphics improvements and I'm still playing it. All dlc contain about 100 missions. All graphic enhancements work.

Scourge of War - Gettysburg

Content that I searched for a few days and found nowhere. NOT ONE GRAPHIC CONTENT. NO GRAPHIC IMPROVEMENT FOR SINGLE PLAYERS. Everything just for some artificial missions or for the editor. Nothing at all for the game-singleplayer itself?

If you want Hi-Res graphics your best bet is the CMSF HD mod by @Kieme(ITA) ... it will work in CMSF2.

Although, for a variety of reasons, I've started eschewing HD textures... my latest 'All in One' for Syria uses a lot of HD textures, as a base, but they've been reduced back down to standard resolution. I've used the same system for an Afghanistan modpack.

Arguably clever uses of Reshade &/movie mode is more useful for improving CM's graphics. Here's one popular tutorial on the subject...

Also, always remember...

480C8C646BBD824E506F72279ADF60CDB30DE9E8

Edited by 37mm

It is not just for the editor.

There are basically two types of mods in Combat Mission and two ways to use them. The only difference between the two types is that the mod creator when creating the mod has appended an extra bit of text in brackets at the end of the file name.

Afghan houses example :

no modtags balcony1.bmp   

modtags : balcony1 [mudhouse].bmp

Method 1 : No Modtags

You simply extract the mod in your Z folder.

Now the mod will be active and visible at all times, in scenarios, campaigns and quickbattles alike. This is the easiest and simplest way but it can be a problem because in this particular case here, you will have Afghan houses all the time. Even if the scenario or battle that you are playing takes place in another part of the world. So the workaround is to remove the mod when playing in a different theatre/setting and reinstall it when playing in Afghanistan. This can be cumbersome, that's why there is a second way outlined below.

Method 2 : Modtags

You install this version and forget about it; no need to remove it from your Z folder ever. The thing is that if you use modtags then the mod itself will only be active and therefore visible in the game if the corresponding modtag has been added in the editor by the scenario designer or by yourself and it won't work at all for quickbattles for the simple reason that quickbattles don't have modtags.

Now it is not obvious in the link you provided but my Afghanistan mod actually comes in two versions : one with modtags and one without them. So it is up to you to decide which version you prefer and is more suited to your needs. Both versions can be downloaded in the link below :

Well, it's a beautiful building.

1.)Where are the modes that improve the movement properties of units? Any detailed movements?

2.New detailed display of units. Improved graphics of soldiers?

3.These improved graphics vehicles. Is that what it's called?

A.) Kieme's buildings    ok

B.) terrain, roads, American faces & walls, Barbarico's...so https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?tag=visual-fx  which one is for Shock 2 ?

C.) "movie mode" shaders, HQS 3.0    ?? What where ?

D.) Drakenlorde's special effect      is download :  ME Experience

43 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Enhancement means to improve. Best means to the highest degree. If you don't like the graphics, it means modding is for you. I find it a solution to a non-existing problem. If it says 'Best' it means applied to the highest degree.

"Best" '3d model quality' is badly optimized & probably should be called "Screenshot mode" or something... FPS slows to a crawl on anything but the smallest & flattest maps.

@Aquila-SmartWargames advises never playing above "Improved". I (with an older system) rarely play above "Balanced" or "Fast".

3d texture quality should probably always be set to Best however, as any graphics card whatsoever can deal with it these days.

1 hour ago, dbsapp said:

Is their away to apply anti-aliasing with War Movie mod?

Yes... Reshade is a post-processing app. It will add your anti-alising after CM does its thing (i.e. movie mode).

It was the initial reason I downloaded Reshade in the first place.

5 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

I don't play CM because of the graphics. 

Yet you play CM on the highest possible graphical settings... and seemingly do so with no consideration to FPS & smooth gaming.

One could argue that you care too much about graphics.

1 hour ago, 37mm said:

Yes... Reshade is a post-processing app. It will add your anti-alising after CM does its thing (i.e. movie mode).

It was the initial reason I downloaded Reshade in the first place.

I tried it, but wasn't satisfied with result.

As far as I understand it, Reshade applies so-called artificial AA, which works like smothering filter, not like actual anti aliasing.

1 hour ago, 37mm said:

Yet you play CM on the highest possible graphical settings... and seemingly do so with no consideration to FPS & smooth gaming.

Unless you sit behind my computer you don't have an idea of what my experience is. It runs smooth enough and I don't have a problem. I am just not into modding. I play on the highest graphical setting just because I can, and it is there. Just last night's screenshot.

debthalftrack-B.png

41 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

I tried it, but wasn't satisfied with result.

As far as I understand it, Reshade applies so-called artificial AA, which works like smothering filter, not like actual anti aliasing.

My understanding is that all AA methods are called "artificial resolution" techniques... I find SMAA (set on colour edge detection IIRC) to be pretty effective.

The other option, is to actually play at a higher resolution.

At 4k, AA won't be necessary... however then you have UI scaling issues whilst, obviously, FPS will be impacted.

I will say that playing CM at 4k can be quite cool.

8 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Not on Best 3d Model Quality setting it doesn't.

It does, your opinion is entirely subjective. You should quote all and not only the words what suits you. You must learn to be objective. Future replies won't be answered. Happy gaming that's why I bought CM. 

4 hours ago, 37mm said:

None... IIRC I used his Normandy movie mode shaders for that video.

These days it has been updated to 4.0... it's easily found at CMMODs.

1.)Good. I will download the new version.
What's his name, please?

2.)I would still like to ask. The vehicles in the video are very nice.

In my game, they look ugly at the moment.

What is the name of the MOD for downloading this graphic? So in singleplayer, will my vehicles look the same?

Edited by AdamPraha

5 hours ago, 37mm said:

"Best" '3d model quality' is badly optimized & probably should be called "Screenshot mode" or something... FPS slows to a crawl on anything but the smallest & flattest maps.

@Aquila-SmartWargames advises never playing above "Improved". I (with an older system) rarely play above "Balanced" or "Fast".

3d texture quality should probably always be set to Best however, as any graphics card whatsoever can deal with it these days.

For most systems roughly at this point the performance investment starts to steeply increase. It is very map size dependant

Improved ist the sweet spot for me as I don´t want to tinker around with the setting before every scenario and it should cover a wide range of recent gen systems with a good performace base, +/- as one sees fit. With my new battleship I could go higher but high fps - especially fluid camera movement/panning - are priority for me.

So on smaller maps and/or with a powerful system one can go higher for sure, some max it out on bigger maps aswell as they might favor better terrain/tree draw distance but the fps impact can be tremendous. I´ve seen players being content with what appeared to be 15fps why others aim for the tripple/quadruple of this.              

Eventually - as often - it comes down to personal preference.

3 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

Nice.

To which folder should I copy everything? 

Nowhere do I see any folder called " Z ...

You probably need to make a Z folder, in general...

Place the mod pack into your mod folder in C:\Users\user\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force 2\User Data

Or Place the mod pack into your Z folder (you may need to create this) at C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force 2\Data

For Steam users...

Place the mod pack into your Z folder (you may need to create this) in SteamLibrary\steam apps\Common\Combat Mission Shock Force 2\

4 hours ago, 37mm said:

For Steam users...

Place the mod pack into your Z folder (you may need to create this) in SteamLibrary\steam apps\Common\Combat Mission Shock Force 2\

Thanks for assistance.

SteamLibrary\steam apps\Common\Combat Mission Shock Force 2...mod tools , user data ?? Will I create the Z folder right here? So I don't have to put the Z folder inside user data OR inside mod tools? NO ?